The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

That is a poor argument given the contex tis entirely different. A new race= aesthetics.
Classic = entire game for people to play.

It is not comparable.

Your facetious statements add nothing to the discussion.
ogres and jinyu= not playable
High elves= playable on the horde.

noā€¦it doesnā€™t, considering kul tirans simply look like fat humans, and there is already a human race in this game. Youā€™re trying to draw comparisons that do not work.

If youā€™re searching for sources to back up a claim, yeah, you kinda should know that.

1 Like

Because as we all know Ion rules Blizzard from atop a throne made of the skulls of rival games developers and those who have dared question his rule.

Itā€™s not like different teams within the company decide on different things and he merely provides input and rubber stamps their decisions.

1 Like

No, I mean other faction/group that shows reocurringly through the expansions allied with the Horde/Alliance.

Have you seen Horde Gnomes or Horde Draenei appearing through multiple expansions with their own group/faction?

Again, context. It matters!

6 Likes

Horribly, just like with the velves. Nostalgia works well when you donā€™t change much of anything. Just like with Classic. Go figure.

1 Like

I only posted 4 links, thereā€™s lotā€™s more, I canā€™t be bothered to grab them all. My point is made that it is still a fairly popular request. Of course it pales to High Elves, but nothing can compare to that request, not even Vulpera.

I was thinking that when they finally add High Elves, their eyes should be red not blue :wink:.

I-I liked WoD.

Ah yes, because as always, popularity always equates quality and should be the only metric to aspire to!

7 Likes

Of course not, the popularity of the high elf request proves that very thing.

Yet thereā€™s people that couldnā€™t care less about High elves that are playing them to the point of making them the most successful AR by far.

The PvP was alright. The restā€¦ I just disassociated and went to my own happy place.
I honestly canā€™t remember a thing besides having fun kicking Alliance griefers out from Crossroads.

Classic is more than a game, itā€™s a period of the franchise. Helves are nostalgic for different periods in the franchise as well, namely, WC2 and WC3.

Odd, I thought those elves on the Horde were belves. And to just cut out the middle man, belves were helves, but helves arenā€™t belves.

Letā€™s seeā€¦ two of the popular races in this game share a model (belves and velves), and the least popular races in this game (Pandaren and Kul Tirans) may not share a model but share a buildā€¦

Hrmnā€¦ I am drawing comparisons, but whether they work or not, wellā€¦ I wouldnā€™t mind seeing a professional analyst look at the numbers of belves and velves, and then the numbers of Kul Tirans and Pandaren, and look at the numbers of forum posts and other outlets asking for Ogres/Helves, and decide which would logically be the more profitable addition.

6 Likes

So then popularity is good when we talk about Void Elves, but bad when it comes to High Elves, and I guess this is becauseā€¦ you say so?

8 Likes

BRF was probably my favourite raid of all time, I think most of my fondness for WoD was because it was the first xpac I ever got a world number one parse on warcraftlogs, if weā€™re being entirely honest.

I didnā€™t say so, but you might be.

It kind of itā€™s a factor when claiming that they ā€œfailedā€.

Thereā€™s one major flaw with Void elves, their origin story and the lack of development, but the fact that they are being played itā€™s kind of what they actually care about. That means people is playing the game, and if people is playing the game as those characters, they are making money.

What are you even talking about?

Are you trying to construct a bad agrument on how High Elves would revitalize the Alliance population?

Failure is depending on what the goal was.

If the goal was to create something to give players who wanted helves a race they would enjoy, well, thatā€™s a failure.

If the goal was to create a race people will play, thatā€™s a conditional success. I say conditional, because if helves were an AR, we would need to see how well played velves would be afterwards. If their numbers sharply dropped, well, weā€™d have our answer.

3 Likes

I think the perception that void elves are a failure because of fairly light lore so far is actually a subjective opinion. As someone who mostly plays for PvE and arena, I spend a fair amount of time with what you could describe the gamer-ier sections of the WoW population (who by the way outnumber RPers significantly) and very few of them care about the story at all.

Lots of people like void elves because they think they look cool and pretending thatā€™s not a factor is just a very narrow viewpoint imo.

1 Like

And I wasnā€™t the one bringing up Void Elves. She claimed there was some kind of significant ā€˜backlashā€™ā€¦which there isnā€™t.
Itā€™s just the weirdest thing for helfers to point at Void Elves as if it proves something for the helfer cause.
If anything pointing to Void elves actually proves the alliance will never get playable high elves.