The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

They just donā€™t want you to have a cheap reskin of one of their core races.

As an Alliance player, Iā€™m inclined to agree

3 Likes

So youā€™re saying the vast majority of pro-ally donā€™t want fair skinned blue eyed elves? Causeā€¦most of the uproar derived from that.

And no, they canā€™t, as there hasnā€™t been sufficient time passed for anything the alliance elves to have that the horde ones would not. Itā€™s been like a decade in gameā€¦how exactly would there be any physical difference? There wouldnā€™t be, not anything the blood elves themselves wouldnā€™t also showcase, and the political subfaction isnā€™t a good reason for an AR. Even blizzard agrees with this standpoint.

Alliance high elves donā€™t have anything different except eye color and a very limited different history, but theyā€™re the exact same race as the Horde elvesā€¦meaning theyā€™re already playable in game and arenā€™t getting released on the alliance to make another race effectively a neutral pick.

Again, this is why void elves exist and thatā€™s almost certainly their way forward for the alliance faction elf story, not the main story of the race as a whole since thatā€™s the blood elf story now.

2 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is people take personal issue with the addition of High Elves for a vain reason?

Yeah, guess youā€™re right, it is just about keeping the ā€œmuh pretty modelā€ for you rather than anything significant, isnā€™t it?

But i guess you just missed the part where weā€™ve more than offered Nightborne level tweaks to a High Elf model that would do away with your idea of ā€œcarbon copyā€, because unlike you, weā€™re willing to bend to make you feel better, even when we have 0 reason to, with the support the game itself gives to High Elves as an Alliance Race.

1 Like

This goes back to those self imposed restrictions I keep mentioning. Kul Tirans were just normal humans before they were made to be playable. Dark Ironā€™s were just darker Dwarves before being made playable, now they have awesome fire beards nā€™ stuff. Why couldnā€™t the same be done with High Elves? Different hair styles, animations, body proportions, maybe get a little cheeky and throw in some new eye colors, etc

It wouldnā€™t be ground breaking stuff, and itā€™s been done before. Believe me I donā€™t want to hurt the Blood Elf identity, Iā€™d like High Elves to be added in a manner thatā€™d be best for everyone

1 Like

No, we donā€™t want the Alliance having a carbon copy of one of our entire races. Thatā€™s always been the primary drive for most.

4 Likes

Go ahead and point to where I said we wanā€™t an exact copy of your Blood Elves?

While you do that, ill link you this.

Look at the OP and tell me how those ideas and model renders are ā€œcarbon copiesā€ of Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Then they say lore wonā€™t allow for them to be different, trust me the argument is set to go in circles on purpose.

2 Likes

Because high elves already are Horde. Dark Iron? Dwarves are already Alliance. Kul Tirans? Humans are alliance.

The only outlier in the entire AR thing has been nightborn and void elves, and to make a different high elfā€¦

Void elves were born. Thatā€™s the entire point. Otherwise they could have lighter skin options and look like a blood/high elf with different eye colors. Whatā€™s the literal point of void elves if they could just slap blue eyes on a blood elf and give it to the Alliance? Cause thatā€™s essentially what would be done, thereā€™s almost no immediate lore and itā€™s only back bending to go ā€œoh man there could be all this crazy shizz to make these elves playable on alliance!ā€ that would basically not make them high elves anymore or contradictory since thereā€™s no real reason why most of the blood elves wouldnā€™t have similar physical traits. The only thing that could differ in such a short time without direct outside influence (HELLO Void elves?) would be their faction allegiance and very minor things of their cultureā€¦and to the first itā€™s not enough since theyā€™d be identical to an already playable race and for the second partā€¦non horde high elves donā€™t have a very strong or united cultureā€¦but the blood elves do since theyā€™re the continuation of the race.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m more than well aware, this one seems new so iā€™m trying to edumicate.

Funny part is Lore allows them to be any shape and size, thatā€™s the great part of lore and world building, it can be changed and still make sense.

Not that it needs to in this case just to make the bundle of 6 or 7 antis happy, who will just stroke out if High Elves look exactly like Blood Elves, as opposed to the 95% who really donā€™t care one way or the other.

Have you actually looked at the population numbers? I feel you have not, at 120, Horde has a 53,5% of the population. That is a whooping 3,5% advantageā€¦ even lower than what Alliance had when they were the ones dominating population numbers. High elves could tilt the balance (far more than ā€œbalancingā€ it) while at the same time not fixing the problem Alliance has with progression. Blizz canā€™t fix Alliance players not being interested in high end raiding. The funniest part of this is that Alliance races do better than Horde ones in mythics, but hey, better ignore that, yes?

No. Vanilla is a move to protect their intellectual property, if you want to believe the fantasy that a company did it for their players and not because their porperty was being stolen, then go ahead, but they arenā€™t that nice.
High elves in the other hand is a request by a very niche group of people and they lose nothing by not making it happen but still bother to keep that carrot on the stick for people to pay for a sub in hopes they eventually catch that carrot.

3 Likes

Then the high elves would be getting something that the blood elves donā€™t have. :face_with_monocle: the only way to move on is to discuss their implementation and the art work for them.

1 Like

Ahem

So apparently you are beyond thinking beyond the surface of model appearances.

If you give High Elves the Nightborne level tweaks, they cease to be High Elves. Much like the Nightborne are no longer their previous iteration.

For you people it literally is ā€œmuh pretty modelsā€¦ oh wait sprinkle in some weak political difference, those antis are stupidā€. Pro High Elf in a nutshell.

4 Likes

Alliance players are quitting in droves are or being a lot less active. Take a look at the forums. Most topics are alliance players asking if the game is even worth playing anymore

You accuse me of not having my facts straight and you turn around and say itā€™s a ā€œniche group of peopleā€? Everyone Iā€™ve talked to at Blizzcon has been supportive. The two or three people irl Iā€™ve spoken to who might have a problem with it are just sceptical. Thereā€™s a lot more of us out there than you think.

And you think Void Elves solved this issue? The race created out of thin air as a sad ā€œcompromiseā€.

So their interactions with the Alliance Wrath-Legion just donā€™t count as lore yeah?

No one is saying theyā€™re united, but they could easily be united with story telling, and that can happen at the same time and not take away from the ā€œmainlineā€ Thalassian race that is Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Trolls. you mean trolls. Start linking these topics please. 10 bucks its some stupid retail/classic trollfest garbage.

It is a niche group. A few thousand at most combinging things like MMOchamp forums and your discord. Thats. It. Just because you talked to 10 people at Blizzcon who are likely being led on by you because i question first this actually happened and two you never bothered to lay out the argument against, faithfully.

I think that from now on, in order to fix problems in game we should just send Licynia to Blizzcon and have her go person to person to get the real pulse of the players. Surely the 10s she gets thru represent everyone right?

4 Likes

Youā€™re right, i shouldnā€™t care about your anti tears and have them just be the exact same thing as the Blood elf model with blue eyes. And honestly thatā€™s the way i personally view it. But people are nicer than me and have given you all wiggle room so you can keep your pearls firmly attached to your necklace.

Itā€™s your opinion that a different model would make High Elves ā€œnotā€ High Elves, Zandalari have a different model and are still trolls. Kul Tirans have a different model and are still human, see how this crazy idea of ā€œmodel designā€ works?

Oh boy, there it is again, low-balling High Elves to try and make your case. Iā€™m so excited to see desperation :star_struck:

2 Likes

Lay off my tears, should be mindful of your own considering youā€™ll never see the day you rob the Horde of their High Elves.

2 Likes

Blood Elves joined the Horde. In modern WoW ā€œHigh Elfā€ specifically refers to the thalassians that didnā€™t join the Horde, and most of them are with the Alliance, or are at the very least Alliance sympathisers

It isnā€™t the Blue eyes and fair skin that defines them, itā€™s who they associate with (thatā€™s literally all that defines them at the moment). Building upon the visuals that would be available to playable Quelā€™dorei wouldnā€™t suddenly mean theyā€™re not High Elves anymore

And despite the existence of Void Elves, why does that suddenly mean High Elves canā€™t be playable? Itā€™s just a self imposed restriction

When Blizz added the Demon Hunter class, I was surprised to see that it only had two specs. I was glad though, because even though every other class has 3 (or 4 for druids, the lucky tree huggers!) Blizz didnā€™t feel the need to force a 3rd spec into them simply because, ā€œThatā€™s just how it has been so far.ā€ I was relieved that they started thinking outside of the box

I remain unconvinced that they canā€™t think outside of the box for High Elves. What about the lore says that every single thalassian needs to have the same posture and body type? Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s just a game design to save the devs time, otherwise Iā€™m sure they come in many shapes and sizes, just as there are different shapes of humans now

Alliance High Elf loyalists exist, and theyā€™ve shown that they will fight and die for the Alliance. Whatā€™s stopping Blizz from making them playable some point down the road?

1 Like

Canā€™t rob what they donā€™t have.

They have Silvermoon high elves specifically. Renamedā€¦ you guessed it. Blood elves

3 Likes

So what i said. We have the High Elves. end of story.

2 Likes