The Hate for LFR is Puzzling

I don’t hate them at all. I occasionally hope into LFR to tank for those folk so that they can have their fun. It’s fun for me to see them get loot and have fun. Most of them are really good people that just want to relax and enjoy the game. It’s a good break from mythic dungeons and and heroic/mythic raid. I’ve got a lot of “hey can you tank another wing” whispers after. That is one heck of a good feeling. Even if it’s LFR.

4 Likes

He’s a troll/shill with a history of vile comments, including saying that Keristrasza deserved to be r-worded by Malygos. If Blizzard had competent moderation, he would’ve been permabanned ages ago.

4 Likes

uh…you got me confused. i don’t keep up with blue dragonflight lore enough to know how those two are related.

I don’t think it’s hated… I just think no one respects it or takes it seriously… because it’s just an easy-mode version of the normal dungeon. LFR should be for learning, not achievements or rewards…

It’s a revolving door around here. Looking For Raid is the hot topic again. Flying, wow tokens, etc, etc. Each gets a turn every few months lol.

2 Likes

Because the devs who have been working on this game for the past 18 years or so developed and fostered a community that encourages it.

So when they eventually came around to adding things like LFR and more accessible content, the broader playerbase couldn’t be bothered to spend the extra 5 minutes to help guide newer players through the more difficult content. Just look it up on WoWhead and download 20 different addons or else you’re just holding everybody back.

My dislikes of LFR come from a couple different angles.

The first one is that its presence reduces my interest in higher difficulties. Prior to Cata and LFR I felt a lot more compelled to progress my character to the point to being able to do at least normal difficulty raids, but of course doing heroic was cool if possible too. After LFR was added that motivation all but vanished, because there’s not a whole lot more that can be seen in higher difficulties. You get better loot, but it’s the same old raid map with some extra mechanics bolted on…

The second is how players approach LFR. It’s often ridiculously low effort. The expectation seems to be that in LFR you can just pop in, spam your main damage keybind, and receive loot like it’s an overgrown world quest, but of course this isn’t true and so it leads to endless wipes and a revolving door of raid members with shattered expectations. I’ve tried it several times over the years and it was rarely a positive experience.

I’ve never played FFXIV, but based on what you’re saying I’d much prefer if LFR raids were their own separate thing, not unlike catch up raids like Zul’Gurub used to be. If there were some kind of qualifier required to queue that might be nice too just so you don’t get the “let me AFK for loot” crowd queuing up.

2 Likes

Also not entirely accurate as mog is vastly diff between the diff levels. That market still exists lfr did nothing to curve it.

I put a lot of time into the game. A LOT.

And yet, the game doesn’t shower me with in-your-face exclusive rewards that confer a good deal more objective player power, something that tricks players into thinking that their skill has grown somehow and not just their iLvl and set bonuses. Instead, I have piles of character stories, a wide variety of battle pets and mounts, a lot of neat transmogs.

The game never goes out of its way to make me feel like I’m better than anyone else for investing my time in it, so you rarely see people going around snarling about “GET BETTER LOOKING GEAR, SCRUB. You call that a backstory? Lrn2RP! Git gud!” Then again, it’s harder to monetize people providing gold-bought boosts with $20 in real cash a pop for people to get old transmogs and write stories.

Why is the time of a normal-and-above raider more valuable than mine, somehow? If it was about just putting in the time, completing LFR versions of Fated Raids would award the Slimesaber.

Are you under the impression that you don’t kill bosses in LFR?

3 Likes

LFR is endgame for a vast number of players who have no interest in getting on the hamster wheel of tiny incremental increases that let you do…the same content all over again, only now tuned to your gear being incrementally better. Except that now you have to manually apply to or create groups to do it with randos instead of letting the game use its matchmaking system to automatically team you up with randos.

It doesn’t change the fact that LFR players go in, they put in the time, they kill the things, and they should get rewarded as if they have spent time in the game interacting with Blizzard’s IP, and paying monthly to do so.

5 Likes

Endgame is the same for all - even those who choose not to pursue it.

you don’t get to define what is endgame, only if you participate in it or not.

1 Like

They were banned because they ate into the mythic raider boosting market and well… the president of Blizzard is one of the people who sells boosts, so we can’t have a community that ensures people can purchase boosts safely get in the way.

OP,
The hatred of LFR is indeed puzzling. I put it down to elitism and the need to be toxic to people who don’t meet the elitist standards. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes I do. For me. As each individual player gets to define their own point at which they feel like they’ve achieved what they wanted to achieve in the game and “finished” :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

that sounds like endpersonalgoals not endgame…

LFR is fine and the slime cat should be available to LFR players.

5 Likes

It’s better to compare LFR to Normal Mode raid in FFXIV as that’s the most 1:1.

A lot of people clown on Normal, but with nowhere near the amount of venom people have for LFR. Which is even more odd because doing raids on Normal is mandatory in FFXIV :dracthyr_shrug:

I know that, I also don’t believe they should be getting rewards for it outside of gear. LFR imho is nothing more than a learning experience, here are the mechanics, here are what they look like.

Good for them. It’s still playin the game on story mode, which isn’t a bad thing… but I don’t feel the players who only do that, should receiving special items/mounts and other rewards for it… or if they do, should be a far lesser version of what is given… give the LFR players a ground only version and give Normal the flying version.

he’s a member of a guild that sells boosts (which is a very popular practice). not exactly the same thing. you people make it sound like he’s running carries 8 hours a day

Given the fact that he has advertised boosts, I stand by my statement.

You’re here to support a change to remove casual content and an achievement.

Since you seem to be confusing light entertainment with actual work in real life, I’ll leave you because there’s really nothing to discuss with someone who wants to remove entertainment value and achievements earned from those he imagines are unworthy, and somehow thinks this is real life.

Do you walk into the house of someone you deem unworthy in real life and remove the stuff you think they don’t deserve?

He used his official position to promote sales of those boosts, which was kind of skeezy.

4 Likes