The Goldenisms of Warcraft: Sylvanas

Alleria being named after her grandmother is a plot device in this book TBF

3 Likes

That didn’t really bother me. That’s just a fairly common naming convention. My middle name is my grandfather’s so I guess I don’t find that unusual.

1 Like

It’s not nearly weird as people think. I’m named after my dad and great grandfather :wolf:

3 Likes

I was nearly named after my great grandfather for my first name as well. Which would’ve been Vergil.

Thank you dad for thinking ahead to the thunderdome that is middle school, figuring the obvious vulnerabilities to that name, and going with something else.

5 Likes

It’s funny because outside of work, nobody uses my full name. My family and friends just call me AJ. :wolf:

1 Like

If I were a boy I would have been called Theodore. I would have been handed a fedora as soon as I came out.

Vergil and Theodore make good Forsaken names though.

1 Like

I can not for the life of me picture you as a fedora tipper. It’s just a weird image for me :stuck_out_tongue: :wolf:

1 Like

Atleast it wasn’t Usnavy during the days of Mind Of Mencia

1 Like

I shall now and forevermore think of the alt universe where you are Teddy Renautus.

5 Likes

“Mi’lady!”

2 Likes

I think I would still be besties with Teddy Renautus. Me the CaramElf, Teddy Renautus and Micah the worgen draino would still go off on a merry adventure across the world.

2 Likes

I resloved that if I were born a boy I’d Prefer “Theo” not sure if that more or less cringe. Theo was the name of the main character in my favorite book The Children of Men.

1 Like

Theo is a cool name

1 Like

Theo definitely sounds more Fedora-Tipper than Teddy.

1 Like

Didn’t Golden invent Lirath in the first place?

1 Like

I was what, 16, 17, when devil may cry 3 came out. You would’ve been the coolest kid.

2 Likes

Honestly I really didn’t mind him.

Musical prodigies are a thing. Sylvanas having this soft baby brother she wants to protect is fine.

I also thought that rift with her and Veresaa was fine. Because you can see how she figured she was helping her brother but it does look like that indirectly got him killed.

But at the same time Sylvanas disrespected his agency and more wanted him to be some precious delicate thing unmarred by the horrors of war. Which leads into the folly of the Farstriders in general but on a more personal level.

All of that was at worst adequate imo. And really felt like it was from a different novel trying to humanize Sylvanas.

The 2nd half is where stuff becomes borderline incomprehensible. The main focus here should’ve been trying to get something workable out of Zooval.

And the best they can come up with is Sylvanas is supremely gullible if you dangle her family in front of her and made some vague but accurate predictions.

2 Likes

I think Lirath is fine. He’s not a bad character. Vereesa causing Lirath to get killed is interesting. I’m even fine with how Zovaal convinced Sylvanas to work with him. I think I’m at a point where I think this storyline is inherently flawed and I don’t know what exactly could be done to undamage it more than has been done at this point.

2 Likes

I really, really want to know how far Golden is willing to take moonslight.

If you’re reading a book next to multiple candles, are you “reading by candleslight?”

If you have multiple lamps in a room, is that “lampslight?”

If you get a tan on Tatooine are you tanning in the “sunslight?” Is the tan you get a “sunstan?” If you turn red, is that a “sunsburn?”

Does Golden think the Druid spell’s name should be changed to “Moonsfire?”

Starlight… starlight never comes from just one star. Is it ALL actually starslight!?

10 Likes

I’m a bit of a sun stan.

5 Likes