The Gilnean Heritage Armor questline is so... middling

It’s bad enough when Tess, the non-worgen, will become the Worgen leader when Anduin’s Butler finally kicks the bucket because WoW treats dads like Disney treats moms, but does she have to be such a damp cloth about being a Worgen?

Yea, she couldn’t save her brother from headbutting a poisoned arrow, but in all honesty, nothing besides an act of God would.

Frankly, I liked being a Worgen more than Gilnean, since I don’t have to call cookies ‘biscuits’ (kind of racist when you think about it) and I can break Forsaken in half instead. Not to mention it’s kind of nice not needing to stable or maintain a mount to go traveling cross-country.

Hopefully, Tess changes her tune and becomes a Worgen because being Gilnean is as lame as being a… Stormwindian? Stormwindite? A citizen from Stormwind.

3 Likes

She’s already the leader. Genn passed the throne to her during the reclamation of Gilneas questline.

7 Likes

Tess is fine as a cool rogue queen.

She’s the leader of Gilneas, not the Worgen. You have to be a Worgen to lead the pack.

2 Likes

Not all Gilnean are worgen so it’s fine. Also not all worgen are gilnean.

That said I wish the worgen heritage quest wasn’t just showing how much it sucks to be a worgen, and that she just realizes that she doesn’t need to be a worgen to lead, not that she realizes being a worgen sucks.

1 Like

I wish she had just become one by choice.

1 Like

Which could happen if Blizz stops treating being a worgen as the worst curse ever, like I get it is a curse but still. Not even a ‘yeah it sucks for a bit but then you get used to it and the strength, agility, smell, and hearing are great!’ Or something

3 Likes

What’s worse is that she comes to her conclusion over her brother’s own self-sacrifice, like being a Worgen would have changed anything differently.

Your people actually used that curse to prevent others from dying, but nah Tess, your brother decided to body block for dear old dad and being a Worgen still sucks.

4 Likes

Kinda bothers me this is a similar curse to Night Warriors. :robot::thought_balloon:

edit: …although I would adore fighting Owlkin affected by the Night Warrior curse or a true pack form boss. :robot::shield:

Gilneas has pretty much been rendered the most pathetic nation on Azeroth by common blizzard ineptitude.

Their leader’s child begged assistance from the nation that tried to turn their city into a giant gas chamber while the Gilnean people were still inside, killed her brother, massacred many of her own people, and for what? To clear out some ragged remnants of the Scarlet Crusade after they’d been annihilated for like the twentieth time. And for her simpering she’s rewarded the crown of Gilneas from a father that, apropos of nothing at all in universe, stands at his son’s grave to bemoan the wall.

And pretty much everybody but Ivar is part of the “Woe-Is-Me” brigade when it comes to the curse, and since Silverpine during the Cataclysm, as far as I’m aware, he’s done exactly two things; zip and zilch.

Someone should confiscate the writing utensils of the people behind this, melt them into a basketball and slam dunk it into a furnace.

6 Likes

I didn’t do the quest but didn’t she ascend to the throne of the Kingdom of Gilneas?

Daddy said no and Tess is a good lil princess who does what her parents tell her okay :dracthyr_nod:

But talkin seriously most Worgen players seem to hate the heritage quest for so many different reasons which well I can’t disagree with like whole questline comes off as anti-worgen tbh.

Of Gilneas, but not the Worgen. She kind of poo-pooed the Worgen as maligned black sheep of her people moreso than actually understanding them.

I know the game and the lore does a really horrendous job of highlighting the downsides of the Worgen Curse because, in essence, it has to be innocuous enough for the player to play as a Worgen, but at least someone should acknowledge tearing Forsaken in half, armor and all, is a perk rather than a curse.

2 Likes

She’s not the Worgen leader. She’s the Gilnean leader. Not all Gilneans are Worgen.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

That really was the part that bugged me. Trying to mend relations with lordaeron? I can dig that. But in that case make it a threat that actually requires assistance. Otherwise just let the gilneans handle it. They’d be fine. Most of them are werewolves! If they really just had to let horde players participate let them witness it via a bronze dragon flashback who casts an illusion on them to look like an alliance race. They’ve done that before!

2 Likes

Funny that it might make sense from Goldrinn being cautious, otherwise there should be worgen in the horde. :robot::sweat_drops:

Recently, even, with the Lordaeron quests.
Alliance players had to disguise themselves as Forsaken to participate.
Not so when the shoe’s on the other foot, and I have no idea why considering the history between the two nations.

1 Like

Interesting angles here.

Funny how some are missing that leader is a sociopathic contract killer at her core though. that…be the trait of that leader I’d be concerned about really.

Or maybe it adds to her allure to some. Like a female Riddick of sorts.

Or to go all Wick…she sits “at the table” while she leads a nation. Interesting mix there.

1 Like

With the way Blizzard like to portray the Worgen curse yes one single Worgen loses control and bites a Blood Elf who would 100% be vulnerable to the curse.

It’s easy to miss. Not everyone played a rogue in legion, and not everyone remembers her involvement. It’s not like she’s spent much time in the limelight otherwise. For many players she’s a complete stranger.

But also her willingness to kill isn’t what this thread is concerned about.