The GDKP Workaround

They already said they have detection tools inside and outside of raids. Plus people will be in gdkp discords looking at sign ups then reporting everyone in the event. Keep trying to work around though, keen to hear your forum cries after you get banned. Gdkp boosts RMT in game tenfold. Anyone who supports them supports in game RMT either directly or indirectly.

5 Likes

GDKP is dead it’s GSR now which doesn’t break ToS

Or just sell boosts.

:man_shrugging:

What’s GSR?

i appreciate you man, its been awhile since i laughed this hard

People who don’t need your loot don’t have a reason to join your raid. Gdkp gave them a reason to raid.

People don’t just raid. They raid with purpose. They want loot or they want gold. If you can’t offer them gold, and you can’t offer them loot, they’re not going to play with you.

“Casual” players don’t use GDKP. In spite of the forum outrage over GDKP before and after this announcement, it wasn’t so prolific in game. There were people advertising (I haven’t logged in since Sunday) but it was definitely the minority of runs not the majority forum posters would have had you believe (before haters were claiming there were no non GDKP runs, now the promoters are claiming the same to argue that raiding won’t happen anymore after the change). Most people will be unaffected.

Please note that we have multiple detection methods for GDKP that are effective both inside and outside of dungeon or raid instances.

Also:

Go ahead and try. Catch a ban.

Meh. If the raids remain as easily puggable as they are in phase 1, then I don’t think there will be much difficulty for the casual player to get access to them.

GDKP has a mixture of tradeoffs, which definitely has some plus sides such as incentivizing participation for people who are fully geared.

But, of note here is that full raids of people in leveling gear and prebis/near prebis will most likely not be struggling to clear the raid content, or will be struggling within the range of it being a fun enough struggle for them.

If someone stops raiding on their full bis warrior and comes on their prebis hunter instead, they will only slow the gearing process for others, but who cares?

This seems alt friendly and casual friendly enough, and if you really want specific pieces of gear, then HR, SR, or stack the raid composition in your favor. The same things people are already doing.

I don’t like the idea of removing GDKP as a legitimate loot system, but I also don’t like the idea of people buying gold. Worse, I dislike people who throw in BGs, but removing GDKPs won’t prevent people who weren’t participating in them anyway from joining casual PuG raid groups.

:woman_shrugging:

Gold soft reserve. 10g/reserve max resses: 10. No guaranteed loot or gear exchanged for gold so it’s legal according to ToS.

Then refer to option one :slight_smile:

Be social, make friends or a guild, willing to help you out. I have 3 tank toons that I run every week, despite not needing anything, just to help friends get things.

It’s not a solo game.

1 Like

wait, doing it isn’t even a perm ban? this is worse than i thought, not only is it the identical system they use to detect rmt/botting, its the same punishment too

on the 1% chance you get caught doing it, you’ll get a slap on the wrist, amazing stuff

It says up to a permanent ban?

they said in blue it’ll result in perma bans eventually. your account becomes victim of the experimental rule for a seasonal server.

no. paying for 1% of an item can be read the same as paying for the item. GSR will be banned in the discretion of some GMs and not overturned. just not all GSR players will be banned. if u want to risk ur account over it, shoot

1 Like

Even if this weren’t easily bannable, who the hell is paying 10g to roll on an item lmao

1 Like

yeah, in the exact same wording as gold buying does, aka you get 3 strikes

everybody makes mistakes, everybody has bad days

-hannah montana

1 Like

Yeah, if you don’t get an item you lose gold, if you get it you get banned
 What a nice system, i foresee everyone wanting to join it

2 Likes

But this isn’t Diablo

You can’t expect people to be happy they got traded flask or two

In a forever changing economy if they attempt to sell it

Blizz seems pretty confident they can detect the selling of raid loot for gold. I suppose some of the p2w kiddos will try. We will know how successful they are when we start seeing all the forum posts about being banned for no reason.