The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Opening in WoW Classic

Again, great question!!

Wouldn’t it be cool if Blizzard talked to the community and created a FAQ to address these?

Very exciting!

Cool, add another 6 months before I can transfer my 60 to the server I actually play on.

The answer is no. Epics in phase 5 will have a different ID. It will work just like it did in Vanilla.

So what’s going to happen to the servers with only one faction? For example “Stalaag” (All Horde). How will they get materials for both sides to open the gates. Merge servers? Free alliance transfers to Stalaag? I’m curious to know

The top guilds on the side with 99% faction will make new accounts on the other side and transfer mats through the neutral AH.

There’s already guilds that have announced they’re doing that on those servers.

1 Like

But weekly raid reset is on July 29

You don’t know that.

imo blizzard should just change all the items needed for the war effort but not tell anyone that they are going to do this. So suddenly when Phase 5 hits everyone will be caught with their pants down and have to do a mad scramble gathering the new resources. Then we can have a proper race and not some dumb mass hand-in the day it goes live.

1 Like

one per raid. so get ready to be sorely disappointed. again.

it was mine, and I’m super jelly you got more likes than me for it, lol

1 Like

It would have been better if the war rations were changed and not announced until now. I feel sorry for any alliance player on a pvp server trying to do anything in silithus.

1 Like

Agreed. They wanted to recreate the experience, but insist on not changing the mats to make that experience possible.

At last! Something we can agree on!

Yes, the experience and true feel of Vanilla in the case of the War Effort is to make it last 4-6 weeks.

There were some servers that got it done earlier than 4 weeks, but honestly, those were very rare 15 years ago.

Servers opening the gates in a week or two completely negates the experience and essentially makes the ENTIRE experiment of classic pointless.

So far Blizzard has done an adequate (not good, but adequate) job of recreating Vanilla.

Failing to put in SOME gating or change to recreate the experience and spirit of the opening of the gates is a major failing on their part.

However, if they are planning on changing anything, I don’t expect them to tell us until that Tuesday.

Hell, I’d settle for a cap on allowable turnins per character per day for the first 2 weeks

That’s realistic as well.

I know people don’t like gated content, but in order for the spirit of the game to be maintained, I don’t see any other way to do it.

Not sure what your smoking but 28th is a Tuesday. And raids always reset on Tuesdays in the United States.

Please consider some adjustments to the restrictions listed in this thread: Realm Transfers and the AQ Event

I understand and agree with the purpose of the restrictions, just not the full scope. Specifically, you have created a situation wherein people who have paid to utilize one of your services are being retroactively penalized for doing so, as there are many of us who utilized the paid character transfer service to play with friends and/or family who may have wanted to go for the ultimate reward from the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline, but are now unable to do so. For me in particular, my wife and I both transferred to play with some of my family. I had transferred previously and was still on cool down, so I waited about 30 days to transfer my main and leveled and alt instead. I transferred and have spent a lot of time on my main now gearing up and playing, and 3 weeks later found out that one of my lofty goals for classic would no longer be possible for me, all because I wanted to play with my brothers.

My suggestion on an alteration to these restrictions would be for them to apply to people who transferred after the announcement was made. If that is technically difficult, perhaps the transfer cool down could be adjusted temporarily to work around the restriction for people using this same criteria. Additionally, prevent any character that was created in this same time frame (from July 2nd onward) from opening the gates for 60 days or something of that sort. Otherwise, the restrictions will do very little, as people who will spend the money to transfer as a guild will just make the transfer anyway while having the people whom they want to get the mounts level a new character.

Honestly i am trully scary about the AQ war effort for the door oppening, specialy for two reason :

1°) the 2020 playerbase play massivly like on retail and think the dumb faction balance like server full hord or alliance can work on classic… the aq door war effort will prove that cant work…

2)° the vanilla 2005 commnity was much more hardcore, the 2020 community is trully massivly casual so they will never can balance the dumb faction % full horde or full alliance, to have more players is a fact, but when you have more casual, assisted who dont want do any effort that will seriously impact the war effort…

so i dont think many server will put a feet on aq before the end of august or maybe mid september and that will be an issue because the massiv casual assisted will cry on blizzard forum for to be helped by blizzard for the door oppening and that will be a shame because blizzard will certainly listen this dumb crying players…

and after that when you see the insane number of assisted casual who just want stay on mc bwl for to drop easy gear with multiple alts before tbc who will never come before 1 year that will certainly not help…

with aq and naxx classic will pay the 1.12 and massiv casualisation blizzard did for classic…

i trully think the classic raiding scene will drasticaly change…

1 Like

Nice , this is going to be AWSOME. :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: