The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Opening in WoW Classic

That feels when AQ release gets announced, and your raid clearing BWL and MC weekly since release and still has 0 Thunderfury, 0 Lok’Amir, 0 Crossbow, a single CTS, 2 rejuv gems, and 3 DFT.

Apparently my guild sucks up all the bad loot so statistically your guild doesn’t have to.

You’re welcome.

8 Likes

There will be at least one gate that opens Aug 4th.

Aug 4th? I’m sure a lot of gates will be open by then…did you mean july 4th?

He meant Aug 4th as in 8 days after the content releases because it takes exactly 2 bwl lockouts to finish the quest so wether your server gathered all the mats or not, no gate will open before August 4th

5 Likes

This is 2020. Im willing to bet somone somewhere finds a way to exploit the quest, get a Broodlord Lashlayer head to somone who isnt saves to that lockout, complete the rest of the other questlines then do the BWL speedclear all in the same day.

Another month of bleeding players while there’s nothing to do…

You need to stop milking classic before entire guilds collapse and it impacts your long term subscription count - whats the point of playing if theres no one you know left to play with.

But **** who am i right? Go go blizzard marketing team, they clearly have it all figured out.

2 Likes

Way back in Vanilla, some realms were slower to open the AQ gates. At some point Blizzard prevented transferring players from taking away the ability of native players to do the event. Is there going to be any restriction in WOW Classic to prevent a player from transferring from a high pop realm to a low pop realm and doing this?

2 Likes

Another month?? This should be launching 2nd week of July at the latest.

Stop milking customers by holding back content that’s hugely overdue.
Naxx in 2022? ffs. This isnt 2005, people have other options, WoW isnt new or groundbreaking enough to hold ghost subs for months while waiting on new content.

But go go Blizzard marketing dept, because surely they have things figured out, right?

1 Like

Are the new crafting recipes coming sooner? Or have to wait till July 28 to get them?

since classic is going to run forever they should make an attunement and not simply a limited event after all whats the point of trying when we already know a bunch of larger guilds will be hoarding all the items needed and will ring the gong and get the bug?

make the event be once per character and once you open it your phased to those that haven’t done the quest chain yet why should anyone not have the chance to open the gates themselves because others stockpiled the rarer items etc?

make it be a once per toon unlock quest chain that way everyone new to silithus can experience it for themselves same as any other raid attunement

1 Like

I don’t care at all when it released in Vanilla. It’s content that was finished development 15 years ago. Times have changed, we had 10,000 guilds clearing BWL two weeks after it launched.

I feel pretty confident they can confirm that they aren’t going to do this.

1 Like

In what way is this a big deal?

This is just stupid whining. The quest belongs the same way it was in classic. This is a recreation. If a big guild beats you to it, then so be it. Stop crying all the damn time you entitled child.

Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

the latter means that the server needs to gather an extra 600k or so materials over the former. that’s kind of a big deal, i feel. for a heavily alliance or horde server where people need to make toons for the opposite faction to even finish the gates, it’s an even bigger deal since that means a ton more farming/transferring.

Damn that’s crazy

you best get your guild to boost you to 60 you dont wanna miss out i hear AQ is “hard” or something

Cool thanks for the month plus heads up… this is wait is dumb. Just don’t announce rather than this.

It’s ridiculous also that aq 20 comes out the same time as 40 but #nochanges marks love content droughts

Edit: I am just critical of the pr move this lag time between announce and rollout is. Burnout is real. Id rather live in hope blizzard would do something cool and just flick the switch on one tuesday than this.

Good grief guy, go play retail if you are that bored.

1 Like

lolol E A D
layers are going to be required for the AQ opening