The game isnt only for mythic raiders, their opinion isnt more valuable

we spend half an expansion without flying?

Yeah, and it really didn’t go well. So Blizzard caved.

3 Likes

do you think the people who want flying all the time are also toxic elitists trying to min/max their travel time

5 Likes

What we have now is heavily scaled back from what they originally wanted to do.

If people keep the hate up on Covenants, don’t expect it to make it out of Shadowlands unchanged.

1 Like

We also lost 5 million subscribers in a very short time frame because of Blizzard’s stubbornness. Not just flying, but their general unwillingness to walk back on anything or pay any attention to feedback until they start noticing that they’re bleeding subscribers.

1 Like

Pretty much, going back requires a quest which i can bet has timegated elements into it so they have to learn to be sub optimal for some bosses and dungeons instead of changing them like talents which is a great way to ENFORCE and fix the problem Ion mentioned of 3 hunters should have never been the same

The most important opinion is what is best for the game to be successful.

BFA and Legion have shown that people don’t like restictions.

1 Like

except the 3 hunters that would min/max for every boss and change talents are just going to min/max their covenant and all pick the same one

Um the most likely outcome is the covenants will be getting removed after shadowlands, or their power related effects.

If they change them at the last patch of the expac just like with how stupid corruption was in the last patch of BfA i wont mind much.

Locking them though improves the game severely which is why I doubt they ll be unlocked anytime soon after launch, and not even 9.1

That “problem” would be solved if they could introduce game changing talents that were actually competitive with each other. Instead we get talents that have a 90+% pick rate at all levels because they don’t even attempt to balance things fro most talent rows.

2 Likes

Tryhards and wannabe elitists are free to ragequit, Ion said the game is for everyone, not just them.

And i bet shadowlands is a success cuz it will have a far bigger retainment of casuals after its launch

Now imagine how silly a person would have to be to white knight a system that’s going to be gone in two years. Oh, right.

4 Likes

The number of casuals that want the covenants to be freely changeable definitely outnumbers the amount of “elitists” that want the same.

Casuals want freedom to choose and switch.

Even some of the roleplaying players want the system to be flexible.

It’s not all about the top 1%.

7 Likes

You’re betting against historical precedent, so we’ll see how that goes. I’m betting they loosen restrictions after admitting it was a mistake.

1 Like

They’ve also said that they’ve already got the system in place to cut the system loose. This isn’t going to be a repeat of WoD where they need to spend a bunch of time changing course because they didn’t originally design the continent with flying in mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was changed within the first year of the expansion.

posting in a ralph thread poggers

#PullTheRipcord

6 Likes

i think you might just be bad at the game. pretend you had mage tower weapons, then complain about not having those on your new account

then we move on to threads about not wanting anything connected to min maxing. and how the game isnt designed for those who try to challenge themselves.

you bad, and its ok. but your opinion does not represent the average person. and thats why maybe its time to stop making threads.

5 Likes

They don’t even make tmogs that great anymore. That’s how you distinguished people before. With their tmogs and mounts, make more content give great tmogs and mounts. Covenants would have been great if they were mostly about cosmetics and everybody would have rejoiced.

I personnal feel a bit like Preach that people loadouts should be about the same at a high level. The choices should be more “what my group need more in this particuliar case”, and that should be the main difference between players, adapting to their group/strat. Not choosing talents for cosmetic purpose, this is just insane for me.

1 Like

stop trying to speak for casual players all you do is start arguments nobody wants you to represent them.

2 Likes

The game isn’t only for Ralph, their opinion isn’t more valuable just because they spam post it.

4 Likes