The game is too Elf-Centric

Just this phrase alone is enough to consider it fake.

Unit and spell classificiation in this game is very important, if a priest sees an undead, they should be able to Shackle Undead it. And changing debuff type from curse to disease is so insanely stupid, you know the person who do the fake leak is a roleplayer that don’t know how the game work.

There was some in Outland for some reason also on the alliance side. But I dot really recall their name cause they dont really do anything except giving quest

So the only two that were playable prior to BFA prepatch at the end of Legion were the only ones that got noticeable attention? Makes sense.

Since the remaining High Elves that went against the rest of their races decision to rename their entire race as Blood Elves in honor of those that fell to Arthas in the Scourge invasion of their homeland are just a couple lore wise small groups, makes sense they have small appearances.

The two times they have shown up, all known ones have been killed (in Wrath during dungeons/world quests and then finished off again with their Queen in ICC. In BFA during Alliance war campaign the ones working with the Horde and the ones new ones being trained are killed by Shandris and the Alliance player)

Both only existed since Legion, and were only playable since BFA prepatch. Both played prominent roles in BFA, playing the same general role for each respective faction (arcane/void teleportation for troop deployments/faction actions)

So for the only expansions they have actually existed (Legion, BFA and Shadowlands) the only one they did not play a prominent role is Shadowlands, and there the only group outside the Shadowlands that really has any real presence/noticeable actions there is the Ebon Blade who went in with the ‘Maw Walker’, and the Night Elves because of story related to those that died before.

I mean 16 Void elf were enough to make a race playable out of it. While they used the fact that existing High Elves factions were not enough to make up a whole playable races. They should at least expend on their story a bit more than just the unlockable chain quest

i had an idea that spread the joy, see here:
(click the link)

I would like more orcs, but for that their reputation is recorded with the humans.

Don’t worry, what matters to me is that humanity in Azeroth in all realities, SUCKS, You want to play where humans are worth it, well OW, Starcraft would be indicated to represent our race.

Blizzard makes thousands of different customizations in humans for his woke agenda, and yet they doesn’t know how diverse the horde is in a variety of races.

It may be that the Elf-centric is not very good, but believe me it is not worse than the human campaign that since Warcraft 3 was reflected as the true villains yours zones are getting smaller, it only has a few places, it is on the verge of extinction…

And are appreciates that Thrall will continue to be the center of attention, because he is the main character of the franchise, even in the post credits of the Warcraft Movie he looks like the arrival of the savior of Azeroth in a very Moses or Prince of Egypt style.

i agree wholeheartedly, the last time it wasnt centered around humans v orcs was legion where the most prominent human there was khadgar and he was more like a tour guide while Velen and Illidan took the spotlight and it was GOOOD

the scene where Illidan told Velen to forge his own fate was the highlight of the entire expac for me

2 Likes

Not really since we are fighting one in a coming patch.

First source, and second even assuming it is true, ‘all known ones have been killed’, where are now? The place where things killed go, doesn’t change the truth of the statement.

Or that there can easily be ones not known about out there, but as far as the ones that have been shown in-game so far (and hence are known about) have been killed, as said.

Ones that were there before were killed, but Vorath that we face in the next patch even had his own TCG card, so he’s not unknown. It’s just the first time we fight him in game. And obviously they can just keep creating new characters.

PTR spoilers:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=176868/vorath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mowPEYpToQQ

2 Likes

Blizzard has said the TCG is not canon, and he hasn’t been in game, book or canon place, so in either case he is unknown as far as the Lore is concerned as said.

That said, thank you for the links, that does confirm there are still unknown ones out there, and if there is one, there is likely more.

I’m not saying TCG is canon. To our characters he will be unknown for a few months. I just meant that he had been established before to Blizz fans. I honestly hope for more San’layn. I’ve always found them interesting. And Blizz kills off too much story potential sometimes.

3 Likes

It’ not elf centric enough.

Too many non-elves

1 Like

That “leak” is complete BS. It mentions 1 spec “microclasses” that would completely break the game and be absolutely pointless as a feature.

As for class skins, I could see them used to make classes more race specific, like Tauren Paladin getting more race-centric (Sunwalker) icons and animations. However, people (mainly folks over on MMOC) use class skins as a means to create new classes from existing classes, and that’s simply nonsense.

2 Likes

This pretty much…

All the orcs pretty much got the high end cinematics too. Along with Anduin.

The game shows constant favoritism to these two races at the core. Obvious reasons are obvious.

To be fair, I feel the game has been more considerate of other races since the end of Legion. Is when I started to see a bit of a turn around… Argus being the endzone for the Draenei’s obviously.

BFA was the heaviest troll theme we ever received. (instead of the consistent blip on an expansion) Mechagnome gnomes and robot gnomes… Goblin dungeon and Gallywinx stuff… Dwarves had Magni was a main protagonist in BFA.

BFA also started Night Elves and Forsaken squabble that kinda seeped over into SLs. Was it a good story? Have you read the amount of complaints I have on that subject? About Night Elves home getting burned down and Sylvanas turning mustache twirling villain…SLs could’ve been a more indepth about the Forsaken I feel (death) if that was the route they were trying to go… which it kinda felt that way… more so with it ending Sylvanas arc. Seemed fitting with a character that pretty much embodies life after death. The company decided to try and tackle the subject we received a place of death with vampires, faeries, necromongers and angels. This was their vision of the afterlife. (Forsaken a distant after thought apparently)

Tauren even got a shout out with Baine. Even tho I feel like Baine didn’t do much of anything…

Humans still have a lot of the scenes over on the Alliance side. Been going on for a while now…

(BFA trailer in a nutshell had a plethora of races from this game and the players were super excited about this.)

Ultimately I feel they have been trying to branch out a bit further. Trying… According to some people it hasn’t been successful.

It would be nice to not have every single high end cinetmatic humans and orcs. (Doesn’t mean they can’t pop up from time to time but still…) I think they again TRIED to do this for two SLs highend cinematics. Yet it didn’t appeal to a lot of the players. As no one didn’t recognize any of the races…

1 Like

I do like and agree with a lot of your points.

But; too Elf-Centric?

No! :smiley:

Playable Races on expansions lore:

Burning Crusade : Blood Elfs, Draeneis and Orcs.
Wrath of the Lich King: Undead, Humans and Dwarfs
Cataclysm: Orcs, Trolls, Goblins, Worgens and Dwarfs
Mists of Pandaria: Pandarens, Trolls and Orcs
Warlords of Draenor: Orcs and Draeneis.
Legion: All Elfs, Tauren and Draenei.
Battle for Azeroth: Humans, Trolls, Goblins and Gnomes.
Shadowlands: Undead, Night Elfs and Humans

1 Like

Agreed. Let’s get rid of the night elves and replace them with harpies. The Alliance needs a pretty race anyway.

It is not only about races appearing, it is about how the story centers in levels of importance. Wrath had Garrosh, Thrall, Jaina and Varian going for peace and having their issues, had them fight in Ice crown. not in Dwarven or undead style ships, but in Orcish/Human style ships.

Mist of Pandaria started, and one big reason we went there, was to follow Anduin, who was also targetted by Garrosh and whatnot.

Battle for Azeroth had Saurfang and his rebelion, searching for Thrall to return, plus his high end cinematics and his sacrifice that joined both factions (which was cool.)

Shadowlands had Thrall and his mom (though here it was Anduin more than anything).

The point I try to make is that every expansion ends up with either a Human or Orc as the biggest center of it, but not every expansion ends with another race as the biggest Center. No matter how the story goes, there’s always a deviation that reminds us who are the biggest faction names in the moment, and it is usually an Orc or a Human.

This doesn’t mean other races do not get screen time, they do, especially in Legion, however. We just have to see how even in wars related to Night Elves, it is always either Humans or Orc who show up with the biggest focus, such as when Varian was so cool that a wild god loved him and he went with an army of Worgen to save them.

OR how we went to Kultiras and Jaina became the biggest focus of the faction, appearing even in zones she had no business with like Zandalar. I still think we missed great conversations between Thalyssra and Tyrande/Malfurion in there just because Genn or Jaina were there and not the races that really had to do with Azshara.

2 Likes

Yep.

As I am sure some undead are going man…heaven I won’t be a walking corpse anymore. Its gonna be nice.

Dies. Goes to maldraxxus.

WTH hell dude. I told that moron pelegos NOT a damned walking corpse again.

2 Likes