The game is over for ally pvp servers

I think you need to go back in time and look at all the servers. Guarantee about the time Naxx was out pvp servers were having a population issue. Everyone has different memories of the past. Just like how people are going to remember Classic. Horde on most servers going to talk about how they dominated the server. never mention it was a 70-30 or 80-20 ratio.

And yes I agree that there was not even close to the amount of world pvp as there is now.
8 days played from release is 2 hours a day? and you know the first week or two you played a lot more than 2 hours. I work 9-10hrs a day and still manage to have a couple 60’s a 59 and a 57(only level these with rested) I did take that first week off though cause I knew it would be bad to be behind the curve. Lessons learned from private server play over last couple years. Vanilla version of the game is so damn fun.

It squarely falls on the lap of Blizzard for not capping factions at creation and/or login queues by faction. More at start would of changed faction or server at launch if they were always in a 6+ hour queue meanwhile the other faction insta queues into game.

Where on Thrall’s green Kalimdor is everyone’s empathy?

Don’t you want your fellow game players to have fun, too?

4 Likes

You mean it could potentially undermine the freedom of horde to play as they see fit… yet it’s okay to currently undermine alliance freedom to play as they see fit… even if it is ultimately detrimental to the long term health of the game.

It’s not a popularity contest, kids. These are paying customers we’re talking about.

2 Likes

Lol Think a little bit about what you are saying. “ I didn’t have this problem in vanilla” of course you didn’t, it was a fresh game, barely anyone knew about addons such as quest helper, there was little information out that was easily readible.

The game is much more monopolized now, players who couldn’t get past lvl 30 (aka me) have no problem now getting to 60 because we have played the game for over a decade. It’s really that simple. A bunch of people are out of content, where as in 2005 it was very much the opposite.

For example only 2% of the vanilla population set foot in nax let alone cleared it. In today’s vanilla, everyone knows about nax, a lot of people will participate, and clear it. The games information is so monopolized now. So even if you were on a unbalanced server in 2005, the chances running into opposing members deliberately looking to kill you were low; and even then I recall crossroads always being camped by alliance on my original server so…

1 Like

___ happn’t on a ___ server.

:disappointed_relieved:

Hi, I’m on a 50/50 server. WPVP guilds on each side. Was leveling in STV last night, group of 60 Horde roaming around. Did they wipe out everything? Yes. Then OUR roaming 60 group came through, wiped out everything in return.

Just because your server is soft doesn’t make ours the same.

I’m a warrior on Skeram. I enjoyed this video… although I felt it didn’t quite capture the frustration for non-stealthies. Plus it looked like a light night at BRM.

Imagine being a warrior with no epic mount, no stealth, no sprint, no anti-CC, no self heal, no evasion and no escape mechanism.

Obviously I just need to l2pvp and get gud.

4 Likes

Comparing real life events that endanger lives to friggin PvP raids lmao

1 Like

You actually took the time to write out that regurgitated crap? :rofl:

Come back when you have an original thought of your own. Better yet, come back when you’ve rolled on a server where your faction is overrun and then sing this little tune.

Yeah I went back to retail lastnight, I cant get anything done on my main.

No it doesn’t. You roll on a server. If your friends get locked out, you all go to another server. If you decide to pick up the game a month after launch and the server your friends are playing on is faction locked, OH WELL. The game should consider the enjoyment of most of the player base, not a few people.

I will never understand why players are so dead set against server mergers. Most of the excuses are just that, excuses and actual hurdles have solutions. One guy on these very forums told me he was against them because he didn’t want to see new people. So there ya’ go.

Blizzard is responsible for the populations on their servers. Full stop. It’s not really an easy fix once it’s out of control, but this whole mess could have been avoided.

2 Likes

Try complaining about an original problem. This isn’t some special mystery. There are dozens of solutions, most notably of which is not to play solo on a PvP server and then take it to the forums when things don’t go well.

Not sure what you’re expecting.

Do this and only allow transfers to unbalanced realms. It’s just that easy.

1. This would effect alliance dominated servers just as much as horde ones and I guarantee you people on heartseeker would be raging just as hard as herod.
  2. The difference here is that implementing the player cap system would be something blizz does to the players as opposed to something players do to each other.

Like I get it: WPVP sucks. It’s why I rolled horde on Bloodsail where It isn’t a factor in my gameplay.

This guy is a smug incel trying to remind everyone of how hardcore he is. Just ignore him.

He’s been stalking me around the forums screaming kek and get gud. I guess 15 year old habits of being a petulant moron are hard to break

Why is it that people who are complaining about PVP on PVP servers think that on these servers with THOUSANDS of players, that there wouldn’t be single digit numbers of the opposing faction engaging in PVP in areas like, end game areas BRM, etc.)

If this video shows anything it is that there are not very many Horde camping BRM on Skerum.

Is anybody surprised that in Phase 2, on a PVP server, there are members of the opposite faction, at max level, with bis gear camping areas in the world? Especially BRM…

If I’m surprised by anything it’s that this video is being posted by the OP as proof that it’s bad.

WHAT??? THAT is the ISSUE people are claiming?

3 Likes

And when my friends are already part of a community on that server?

Strictly speaking, they are with regards to PVP.

Which is a key factor in the problem with it and how there isn’t any real solution.

Amongst other things you wind up with issues of having to rename guilds and characters because someone else has a corresponding one.

Still, if server mergers were a thing that blizz was going to do then it’s something they would have done over a decade ago.

Blizz is only responsible for allowing server flag settings, upper limit player capacity and maintenance. If players are rolling one faction en mass that is a player problem, not a blizzard one.

1 Like

Not only that but they are trying to get there solo… in a 13 man raid group. Maybe, just maybe, group up and run there as a raid.

Did you watch the video? You can’t have actually watched the video and believe that this is a) how it should work b) it won’t cause the victims of the systematic extermination to simply quit.

This is not a game anymore. There is no endgame content for alliance. It’s over, go home. Enjoy you’re single faction pve servers and plummeting populations.

I’m sure the ever dwindling player base will be super impressed with how hardcore you are by killing the last remaining handful ally players over and over with the hundred or so raid party. We’re all in awe of your sweatybeard bro, just take it easy

4 Likes

You can’t attune to Ony as Alliance on most high pop servers. The outdoor quests chains are impossible. Game is over. Im sad but nobody is going to continue paying for an unplayable game.

2 Likes