The game has changed

I totally get that. It’s the fear of the slippery slope, which you guys have warranted concerns about. It just seems with a decent portion of both sides mouth pieces it’s never argued right and always end up ‘no it’s mine get lost’.

Current Blizzard vs Old Blizzard is the issue for the amount of fear that we classic players wish there could be a focus on the ideals and goals back then.

If only a company would rise up like Obsidian Entertainment did with The Outer Worlds vs Bethesda and Fallout.

All the list means is that we lost some battles, not that we should stop fighting.

The irony in that you see it as a battle/war is that at some point one of two things occur.

1. One side emerges victorious (you guys losing battles clearly is not in your favor)

2. They talk and come to accords.

We won the important battles, though; I would strongly disagree that the end result is “not in our favor”.

There are, of course, terms I would accept. Those terms are “people stop asking for changes”.

Not sure if you’ve noticed, but we already won the war. It’s been over for some time.

Classic is extremely close to Vanilla, it is very popular, and any talk about changing the existing servers to have new features has been consistently ruled out by Blizzard.

2 Likes

There is literally a priest who posts on this forum named Whitemane.

Something tells me his talking points aren’t all too entirely accurate

1 Like

What battle?

The only battle Classic players overall have a victory in is requesting Classic be implemented in the first place.

You can’t say ‘oh well all the stuff that HAS NOT BEEN ADDED’… that’s like saying ‘Oh, I’m immortal because I’m not dead yet.’

Again, if ya’ll taking credit for Classic being implemented, go have a seat somewhere and think about how silly a small vocal group out of the larger base that wanted it in the first place is trying to take credit for that.

We have ALWAYS known Classic = vanilla + modern infrastructure and Blizzard polish.

The use of the modern client brought several changes.

Not even close to something to worry about

Watch monkeynews play sometime and you might change your stance on that xD

If you can’t recognize the effort Blizzard has put into making this as authentic as possible, frankly, that’s your problem.

There has been a great deal of effort and many bugs fixed and many changes made from the Legion base in an attempt to recreate the Vanilla experience as faithfully as possible.

1 Like

FWIW I watch in background for commentary. I never stop and watch the gameplay itself unless its some crazy event or duels.

I take that back: I study the fk out of Skarm when he tanks. Ive learned a ton from his stream. Shameless Skarmtank plug. My favorite stream.

You guys got to stop with the double-talk here. One sec you guys praise Blizz about making it authentic, but then fear them for ruining it.

1 Like

There is no double-talk, you simply don’t understand the positions or situations. Quite probably intentionally.

Blizzard, specifically the Classic team, has put a great deal of effort into recreating the Vanilla experience and I praise them for it.

Blizzard, specifically the BFA team and upper management, is not a company that I trust to create new content for Classic.

There is no contradiction. Blizzard is not a single person and I can praise parts of it while also distrusting other parts of it.

Doesn’t mean anyone nor everyone, from the “#nochange” community are OK with these changes.

Still, we have to look at each change, individually. If this is a slippery slope attempt to add in more changes, we can dissect each individual change you’re interested in implementing.

He is definitely wrong about the whole black & white thing.

1 Like

Its probably like paranoid happy kids in the middle of a theme park: " we arent leaving, riiight?"

Or

Typical frothy fanbois passive aggressive behaviour

1 - Phased releases

2 - No Class Balancing

3 - No Transmog

4 - Original character models

5 - Spell Batching

6 - 16 Debuff limit

7 - Loot sharing curtailed greatly

These are things that Blizzard has changed to accommodate the Classic playerbase, or specifically confirmed as being ruled out as a result of player concerns.

That’s just off the top of my head. There are definitely more.

No changes is a meme.

1 Like

My guy you can’t chalk up everything not added as a win.

When those things are up for discussion by BLizzard and a mass outcry shuts it down, then you can most definitely count that.