The game being centered around difficult content serves to create constant frustration

MMOs are well known for their adventures, social aspects, economy and chilling moments.

WoW nowadays is known for many layers of difficult content, min-maxing, restrict margin for failure; frustration, toxic community, tryhard enviroment, guild drama, forum flame, daily threads of discontentment. Game appeals to the masses by launch and loses traction after few months. Why is that?

People like new stuff, doesn’t matter if easy or hard. They want to enjoy the unknown with their friends, or by themselves. And they might not even recognize that. Doing Spires of Ascension for the 20th time isn’t fun. Isn’t a game. It is a job. You finish a dungeon feeling drained. Exhausted. You kill a raid boss feeling the same.

The game could really benefit from gettin away from the outdated formula of creating competition and hooking tryharders, and actually focus on creating a fantastic world with plenty of things to do.

World of Warcraft fans care about the story. Care about the enviroment, scenarios, epicness. Gear is cool too, I’m not saying that is not. But how much frustration is behind the gear you are offering me?

185 Likes

MMORPGs are a bad genre to force into esports, and yet, they did it.

I feel bad for people who can’t keep up, and I’ve been there done that, and sometimes still dabble a bit in competitive content.
It’s exhausting.

117 Likes

You nailed it. And it is actually a very painful statement to think about, because that implies that there is no comeback.

15 Likes

It goes both ways. You might not like the challenge if infinite scaling keys, but a lot of the player base does.

Personally, if there wasn’t anything challenging to do I would unsub. I got bored after getting KSM and what is keeling me going now is setting personal RIO goals.

7 Likes

No I dont.

5 Likes

I do? Since when?

4 Likes

IF you like a challenge why don;t you stop playing a prot paladin and try pugging low M+ as a regular geared dps spec.

Now that’s a challenge - good luck gettin into any groups.

14 Likes

I absolutely love competitive content (at least as far as I can actually manage, skill-wise), but I still agree. The world needs something, some substance I can sink my teeth into when I’m not pushing myself in instanced content.

At the moment, we have World Quests, and … that’s pretty much where the progression ends.

26 Likes

The only thing they did right so far from what i seen is the coven upgrade armor system everything from the start to hard content as been lol for me i was expecting good solo content and towering being worth more then just 1item for me atleast.

2 Likes

Rift has alot of world solo content that doesnt make you fall asleep so many infact it’s sad that wow can’t take the hint from other MMOrpgs.

13 Likes

Are you saying tanking isn’t challenging? Also to your point, easy. I would make my own groups and not complain about being declined.

6 Likes

I never understand the obsession people have with WoW being a “challenge”. Imo mmo’s should be relaxing chill slow paced games.

61 Likes

play the game at your pace, no one is forcing you to “raid or die” or “mythic 15+ or die”

ya’ll are throwing a fit about the exact same things that have always been in the game

6 Likes

WoW is an mmo, but it is also an rpg (kinda) which is supposed to have a challenge to it. There are plenty of things to do that is chill and low stakes. Like someone else said, play at your own pace with things you enjoy. I personally dont enjoy hunting down transmogs, but I know many people do. Theres a niche for almost everyone.

6 Likes

Those leveling dungeons are pretty difficult with the way scaling works currently, man.

1 Like

New stuff takes time to make, you probably think the devs are a bunch of schemer intentionally not create new content for you, but that’s not what actually happen.

1 Like

The point was that the OP should speak for themself, and not project something on other players.

2 Likes

Point is not that, but that the company is investing too much into the “esports” scene while it should care about enviroment depth, solo content, economy, lore, new classes, yada yada. They are appealing to a type of player that pumps and dumps the game.

39 Likes

How many times have you done Steward of the Day?

I assume you interviewed everyone who plays WoW in order to make this statement.

No?

So you are just projecting.

Sooo… you think you do but you don’t?

I have heard that somewhere before, let me think…

For you.

You do realize you are not the authority on fun, right?

Again with the projecting.

I cannot imagine the level of self-centeredness and arrogance it takes to assume everyone feels the same way you do.

That not actually an outdated concept, it is a very modern concept born of modern accounting techniques.

I care about the story. I care about the environments and scenarios.

But given that a lot of players think of WoW as just a more sophisticated version of Mario Brothers, you are wrong to make this a general statement.

Oh look, it’s another ‘I want all gear, I want it now and I want it handed to me on a silver platter’ thread.

Wow, great disguise. You almost had me fooled!

5 Likes