The game being centered around difficult content serves to create constant frustration

The game is as easy or hard as you’d like it to be. The story doesn’t change from lfr to mythic or a 0 Mists to a 20 Mists. Do the content you’re comfortable with pushing. When it becomes frustrating, you’ve gone too far.

10 Likes

i prefer stuff that’s challenging. i would rather blizzard not spend months developing content my friends and i can clear in a day or two and never touch again

5 Likes

You don’t have to do hard content if you don’t want to. There is still plenty to do.

5 Likes

but then he won’t get the best gear, which is really what this thread is about :wink:

12 Likes

Actually. There is the point: there is not plenty of things to do. There is the same with different numbers, the type of content that esports generation pretend they do like. Just pump and dump niche. In-game professions is the same thing than the past 7 expansions, the only thing to do in the world map is lame WQ, world PvP has received zero love, no new BGs, no faction development…
If you few players (that prefer shallow content with hard difficult over depth) are interested in earning money with this game, good luck getting a sponsorship just because you do +18 keys that provide absolutely zero in-game achievements.

8 Likes

I do WQs. I kill rares. I do Torghast. I raid. I farm herbs. There is plenty to do. Just because you don’t like what there is to do doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do.

2 Likes

This is where you’ve lost me. I agree the game needs more compelling casual content, but … do you seriously believe people are ‘pretending’ to enjoy more challenging content?

Really?

3 Likes

You call it depth? LOL. Do you really think that the amount of devs dedicated to the depth of the game is the same than those dedicated to the “esports” appeal?

5 Likes

Name one MMO that doesn’t have any one of these sweeping statements.

2 Likes

Well, maybe people that didn’t ever take part into low paced social interaction, yes? I have at least 10 friends that stopped playing due to the burnout that raiding/m+ generates. And yet, when I talk to some about difficult content contributing to frustration, they take pride in say that is not the problem, when in fact it is, cause it is too hard for them to handle. I myself am talking about this topic but still play the game because I like all the other things. I have maxed fishing, professions: exalted with all factions, am working on all aspects of the game: RBG, raids, M+. Tried TC as well… and that is it.
Normal people just drop the game. The people trying to prove themselves that they are good, these are the ones sticking to the game (NICHE). And yeah… they don’t care about burning out, because they are more worried about their pride.

:zzz:

7 Likes

Cool, the problem here is so much dev time goes into borrowed power systems that are universally hated, not the existence of min/maxing and raids.

5 Likes

It could be that as well, but in my opinion this is something to be adressed. Be it the amount of devs dedicated to shallow/superficial dificulties or be it the company too dedicated to “esports” niche. I stand against both of these. I just think that the game as whole could get some love for its other parts. Game is known for its beauty, its lore, its depth.
Isn’t Blizzard investing TOO MUCH into a niche that simply pumps and dump the game?

8 Likes

Don’t expect the lore to improve until Danuser is ‘retired’ from his position.

Dude’s work makes Green Jesus Thrall look good.

1 Like

depends what your goal is.

best gear is behind difficult content but theres nothing wrong with rolling 20 ilvl 200 chars and never touching difficult content if you want.

1 Like

Games that rely on developer created content to keep folks playing need challenging content in order to prevent people from burning through it all super fast and getting bored.

You might not like M+ or higher raiding difficulties but a lot of people do and it keeps them playing to always having something new to aim for.

It sounds like you’re burnt out more than anything because repeating dungeons and raid bosses have been WoW’s primary PvE endgame since 2004.

What specifically are you proposing? I’m not saying the game is perfect (far from it) but how can Blizzard create this fantastic world of epicness without instilling difficulty or repetition while not having people rip through it in a day or two and demand more faster than they can produce it?

1 Like

saying “esports” over and over isn’t really a compelling argument for or against anything

3 Likes

The type has almost completely taken over all online gaming. The toxic elitist tryhards permeate sports games, shooters, and moba as well as online action games like wow and diablo.

3 Likes

I think a healthy path would be to maybe hire more devs for other parts of the game. Like I said… There are no new BGs… last epic one is WOD themed (Seething Shore shouldn’t even count). And devs are suffering to properly balance Ashran and Wintergrasp… check the notes for 9.0.5. It is clear for me that they are lacking employees on areas that are not “meta”: raids, rated pvp, m+.
Like for example, people playing Classic and TBC are aiming for World Map content. Questing, world pvp, reputation grind, only 2 difficulties for dungeons. Simple things you know?

People like to admire landscapes, explore stuff, fluffy talk, hanging around doing nothing, bragging about their mounts.
WoW doesn’t need to become a second job for everyone. Doesn’t need to be filled with chores and ultra levels of tryhardism. Does it? I mean, my entire point is that the niche that they are appealing to is a pump and dump one. One that doesn’t really care about the game. A niche that is actually unhealthy.

What happens if MDI doesn’t take any spotlight? Often there are few hundred people watching it. What happens when RWF guilds realize that they are spending too much manpower on the esports scenario of a game that is still filled with the same old boomers that like to RP, do normal raids, enjoy old expansions… and simply log in to RELAX instead of competing in a esports level?

Won’t it be too late to fix things? In the end of the day I don’t have the numbers to back up my opinion, but I knows this: a lot of my friends that were expecting a lot from Shadowlands are already burnt out with the game, because the focus is too much on hardcore competition.

15 Likes

They aren’t “universally hated” lol

You guys need to learn how to write things without hyperbolic overstatements.

You have a personal opinion. That’s about it.

4 Likes

You’re not a “toxic elitist tryhard” if you play games to win. You’re a normal human being.

You are a toxic weirdo if you slander everyone playing competitively, as you are here. Maybe try not being a victim for a few minutes and instead put in some effort?

9 Likes