The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

This is a great idea! This is a direct counter to dispelling. Terrific idea!

Hope this has a cast time & combat restriction.

3 Likes

The proper counter is a PvE server.

6 Likes

Will the cooldown of the item “Chronoboon Displacer” keep going while logged off? Meaning, if I had Songflower buff, would I be able to capsule the song flower while getting warchiefs blessing to prevent my songflower from being purged, then log off for an hour an reactivate it to store both the songflower and WCB with full timers?

1 Like

You people need to find a new script for formatting arguments outside of screaming “RETAIL!!!” about everything. Might actually get your posts taken seriously for once.

2 Likes

Thinking that a game that started in 2004 should never be slightly improved upon is just silly. This is not going to make it retail. It’s a tiny quality of life change. Get over the #nochanges stuff.

2 Likes

Too bad removing them when you zone into an instance was not an option, because that would have been a much better solution.

The toxic gameplay of world buffs is one of the biggest reason why people stopped playing.

The bad side of this new item is now many people who don’t want to farm world buffs will feel obligated to do it since they can do it any time.

11 Likes

He answered some of your questions.

If you have stored buffs on your character already, you can’t benefit from world buffs again until you “unleash” the ones in your super charged chronoboon displacer. They’re doing this to avoid the exact behavior you’re highlighting. They don’t want you sucking up all those buffs, then going forth and collecting another set of buffs. That would defeat the purpose of the proposed change by still having you log out to save buffs.

I don’t believe it counts down at all and they mentioned you could have multiple chronoboon displacers. The one that you absorbs buffs is changed to a super charged chronoboon displacer and is considered unique, while you could stock up on multiple of the regular ones so you don’t need to continually go back to Andorhal.

1 Like

This is great, thank you! Could you clarify whether the 1hr CD on the beacon tick down while offline?

Will the Chronoboon Displacer be instant cast and usable whilst CC’ed? Just thinking of those times I go for Songflower and end up stun locked or sheeped.

Is this thing dispellable?

It wasn’t world buffs that trivialized raid content, it was that we all had 15 years of experiance with raiding to work with.

Those raids were designed with noobs in mind, people playing on grandma’s potato of a computer in 2004, and if you look at raid videos from that era, you can really tell that they have no idea what they’re doing.

but in 2019, 2020, and 2021 people already had 15 years of experiance with raiding, AND we already knew exactly how to raid in those dungeons.

It was, unfortunately, inevitable that classic raids would be trivialized, even without world buffs.

Thank you btw!!!

The changes that buried retail are things that discouraged people to play and talk with one another. This does literally the opposite. Many guilds require players to get every world buff every single week. If you’re in a guild like that, the only way to play is to figure out when WCB, Heart, and Head are dropping. Make sure you get Tribute buffs, make sure you have a way to get songflower, and if it’s DMF, make sure you have a way to get that.

This isn’t something you can do right before a raid night. This is something that takes several days, which means there are several days where you literally cannot play your character. I don’t see how anyone could be opposed to reworking this system.

2 Likes

Agreed. This is very important. At the very least on PvP servers.

3 Likes

Also, when you release the buffs from the Chronoboon Displacer, it puts the item on a 1 hour cooldown so that you can’t toggle your buffs on for bosses and off for the rest of the raid.

Can I check I’m understanding correctly?

Chronoboon Displacer is an item you get from Chromie with an On-Use effect that removes your world buffs, destroys the Chronoboon Displacer, and creates a Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer with an Aura storing your set of buffs.

Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer is a different item, storing the Aura, with an on-use effect that gives you the buffs back, destroys that Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer, and puts the original Chronoboon Displacer on a 1-hour Cooldown.

So I can’t toggle on&off for bosses, but I can re-bottle my buffs 1HR after I initially released the buffs? So I get Dragonslayer, bottle it until raid, release at the start of a raid, raid for an hour, and then can re-bottle the Dragonslayer with 1hr left, to open again at another time?

That’s an interesting bombshell. We know past 63 the old ones would not work on 2.4 but does this mean things such as the hellscream buff will be removed?

So i’ve tested this twice now.

1. Click to store buffs
  2. Remove all current buffs
  3. Click to give buffs back

Two times in a row now it has given me dm/zg buffs back but not ony. It doesn’t seem to be storing ony correctly, at least for me.

No. It has a cast time. I was on ptr with it, you can check it out right now

This is one of the best replies I’ve ever heard.

4 Likes