The forum ignore player feature

Thanks to a couple helpful folks in the CS section, I learned that the ignore functionality has returned to the forum, even for those with hidden profiles.

Serenity Now!

Go to your own forum profile and select the Preferences tab along the top.

On that tab, along the left side select Users. On that page you’ll have the option to manually enter names to your ignore list.

11 Likes

It never left.

1 Like

The prior functionality left.
Regardless, this is a PSA for anyone not aware of it and how to currently perform it.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a thing. Thank you for sharing the info.

1 Like

It’s not an ignore. It’s just a mute.

2 Likes

No, it did not.

Perfect for just “making it all go away” when you lose an argument and get called out for your dishonesty. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference?

If you “mute” a character with a private profile it is a hard ignore.

There’s both options now. However, last I heard TL played a role in it being available or not. I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

It wasn’t available when these new forums initially launched. It was added back in the middle of March.

1 Like

And the functionality that was added in March neither changed nor disappeared.

With a mute, either it turns off updates or it turns off updates and collapses the person’s comments and posts.

An ignore feature will literally stop you from seeing anything having to do with that person, and stops them from seeing anything you do. It doesn’t just collapse the comments and posts, it omits them entirely. Kind of like how ignoring someone in game or on facebook works.

1 Like

It’s still a crappy ignore feature though.
If someone quotes what the ignored person says, you still see it.

That sometimes works in your favor though because when the forum mods delete your post, it’s still visible in other people’s quotes. I once pointed this out to their support in a ticket. “You know my post you censored is still visible in a response further down, right? Doesn’t that defeat the point?” They had no comment, and never followed up to censor the response.

1 Like

It is an ignore for up to 4 months.

I’ll take what I can get. Full invisibility would be awesome, but for some reason they are not offering that option.

Its always been there. However, it really needs some work - for one, a permanent ignore option should be available rather than it expiring after four months. If I want to ignore someone, I dont want an expiration date.

Their posts should also disappear entirely from view for you, rather than their replies to you showing up as an obnoxious ‘ignored content’ box.

Agreed. It is sad that blizzard refuses to do things all the way, there always seems to be an “out” for the offenders.

No, it doesn’t. Because, your post was likely not censored due to anything that required being censored, but rather it hit a report threshold, and the mod who reviewed it didn’t disagree with the reports.

But yeah, if it was offensive enough to be removed, then it would make sense to remove the quotes of it also.

This just sounds like being weak with extra work, why not just logout?

1 Like

not true it was gone for a good wile