"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

Hey so long as you’re cool with making Speaker Malaka’raz the human faction leader in Anduin’s absence.

I mean honestly? They need a leader, he needs a people, it just works.

1 Like

Humans existence isn’t (I guess depending on how you look at it?) suffering like a Forsaken’s is. We have alternatives to lead Stormwind, we don’t have anything for the Forsaken that would WANT to prolonged their existence after all this. Calia and Voss aren’t good characters to do it either, because Forsaken don’t have motivation to persist through suffering when they can find peace in death.

The Forsaken aren’t depressive and suicidal, nor was Sylvanas the gate keeping that at bay. You are describing Sylvanas’ history, not the Forsaken. She was afraid of what awaited her. She lost purpose when Arthas was defeated. The Forsaken were more than happy to carry on collecting cockroaches, committing themselves to beating back the Scourge, or conducting experiments exclusively on willing creatures, liar.

1 Like

Sarcasm?

2 Likes

Sir, I assure you the Forsaken have ever been ethical in their pursuit of science—rivaled only by their adherence to altruism—for the “betterment” of the dead AND the living!

2 Likes

That was one of many quests done by interns who didn’t know the lore.
If the worgen taint was transmissable, any horde who survived the worgen would become worgen.

Sounds legitimate. Carry on.

They went through all that effort of creating a New Plaque to honor a hopeful future with their neighbors. . .

Apothecary whispers in ear

. . . oh. Oh dear!

I thought the curse could only be transmitted to humans and elves, particularly night elves. Arugal was the one who tested it on the human population with spectacular results. Remember the Wolf Cult? Alpha Prime created his own version and spread it to Gilneas and that is how we know its transmissible. We see it in Darkshire, Gilneas, Silverpine Forest and Hillsbrad. Also, in Grizzly Hills.

Worgen appears to spread the curse among humans. They hunted to kill the orcs and undead who were in Silverpine choosing to rip them apart. Not just claw and bite or give them blood, but to ensure the victims are killed. Especially the Bloodfang.

Val’sharah has Worgen npcs too. Oddly non-aggressive “Feral” worgen.

(And I don’t mean the PVP Tower area.)

2 Likes

I remember using the scythe of Elune to help them. Good memory!

1 Like

As a random BG enthusiast, I main Alliance.

The problem is she basically was the only one of them fleshed out after Arthas died, which is a problem because killing Arthas is what motivated them. They don’t have any motivation besides her after that, unless it’s just to cause pain. And at that point, their existence is kept alive only by gameplay mechanics, because they are not nearly the strongest force in the Eastern Kingdom.

But i don’t think people with weakened capacity for emotional joy and identify as Forsaken, a name they picked for a reason, are necessarily happy people. They persisted off rage and vengeance for some whose been dead for years. Their immediate shift to clinging to a Woman who didn’t even care that much about them EVER and then left, really doesn’t sell that they have much to live for without her lol.