The forsaken lost more than the night elves in BfA

I think in summary the form of loss has only one form in common, everything else is different like day and night.

Both night elves and forsaks lost their faces and they feel weak, you feel like a loser.

1 Like

Still more than most races.

Iā€™m not sure if blood elves are winning on the number of character they have around if counting C or D list characters like Rommath and Halduron. Unless itā€™s just out of Horde races and not including Alliance ones. John J. Keeshan is probably close to eclipsing the role Halduron has had.

2 Likes

Blood elves are mostly unknown for the average player outside of Liadrin and Lorthemar, who himself has never had a lot of screen time especially if you exlude this expansion.

1 Like

I also find it strange that the blood elves donā€™t have a great mage hero, although when it comes to magic they are one of the first people to think of.

But the paladin people par excellence, the humans, not a real paladin belonging to their faction, but they have a mage-hero for it.

It almost seems as if the roles have been reversed. Humans have the Mage, and blood elves have the bigger paladin.

5 Likes

well, not true because turalyon has returned, i would say that he is the big boi paladin.

2 Likes

but official for the lightforged, not the humans.

We have ā€¦ Aethas Sunreaver. :nauseated_face:

Honestly, heā€™d be fine if he wasnā€™t the ONLY Blood Elf mage to ever get screentime.

3 Likes

They did in the name of Kaelā€™thas. itā€™s just that magic is so common among the elves that being a mage by itself doesnā€™t make you heroic. Kael had martial might and charisma on his side as well.

Kaelā€™Thas isā€¦death, not allive, not a charakter that was shown or get story for over 10 years.

Heā€™s the end boss of a dungeon and a raid which is more than most characters get.

Better to be ignored and alive, where you can be dug up (however slim that chance may be), than ruined, raidbossed, and dead.

3 Likes

ā€¦ Twice over.

1 Like

Because itā€™s not about the class, but the person.

Is that what qualifies as an appropriate level of screen time? Perhaps for Horde characters and any characters at all linked to the Horde in any wayā€¦

I dont think thatā€™s the path we want to see all our characters go down to qualify as getting screen time. Genn and Anduin get tons of screen time and I never get to pummel them. Jaina is a raid boss but she doesnā€™t die.

I donā€™t like your idea of fair screen time lol.

2 Likes

It means you get the best lines and the most memorable speeches. Heroes are a dime a dozen, but no one ever forgets a good villain.

1 Like

Kaelā€™s dungeon boss speeches made him a meme and a joke. Which was kind of insult to injury.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s heroes and thereā€™s legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

And what makes those legends legendary?

I was quoting this

ā€¦but in ways I agree with you. In ways the memes and jokes are what make certain characters live foreverā€¦

1 Like