The Flask Market is Nearly Dead

No as indicated by the /sarcasm

Why do you have to be the flask guy though? Wouldn’t it be more fun/engaging to adapt to the markets as they change over time? You might start off as an equities guy and find greener pastures in fixed income. You might start out as the online bookstore guy, but move on to logistics, and eventually to tech multinational.

I find it wild that people are willing to watch an entire profession get thrown away out of spite toward an ambiguous unnamed alchemist that listed a flask for a price they weren’t happy with in Classic…

You know the consumes people say alchemists are gouging on? They get listed for reasonable prices, but those are quickly bought up by players who are faster at using the AH than you. Sorry, blame bots or people who are more aggressive in finding a deal on the AH. Buyers set prices, not sellers. Unless it’s someone buying out an entire market and relisting to raise the price, which a player like that can do to any market, not just consumables.

Either way, it’s no excuse to destroy the profession. This community blows me away sometimes with its ignorance.

Alchemist are in shambles

Lol yes they do. That’s why there was outcry about black lotus and consumable prices in classic.

Good idea.

I think they already nerfed it some, i did a world tour the other day and got like 2 flasks. Ton of mana pots though

Never put all your eggs in one basket, diversification is always a good bet.
There is always going to be lulls and great selling in any of the professions if you are relying on only one then you are shooting yourself in the foot.

those weren’t ‘normal’ people by any means. parsing in MC is the 40man equivalent of a Mythic +2. doing harmless trash really really fast for no reason is not what normal people do.

edit: lol

You don’t get to decide what’s normal. Especially when so many people log raids now. Most raiders consume to the max.

Yeah, my brother is an alchemist and he doesn’t even care to go farm for herbs because he just gets a bunch of stuff from the boxes as a healer.

LOL Good one.

Like people don’t play the parsing game in wow classic.

You’ll be fine. Min maxers need like 36 haste pots a week without wipes just doing 25 mans in addition to 3 to 6 flasks. People aren’t going to run heroic world tours for the most part and 40% of people are not going to be able to farm the flasks for everyone. Herb market will go down after people finish getting their nobles decks and there will actually be demand after thursday. The sky is not falling stop trying to reduce tank and healer incentives.

If that is all you do i think your missing out on a huge part of this game. maybe you should be playing monopoly or rollercoaster tycoon type games.

Dont worry OP, every profession will be there soon enough. When you have everyone on the server doing them, the value of professions is eroded away because anything you can do, everyone else can do too.

The flask market will come back. The only real way it wouldnt is if Blizzard started giving dps the boxes too. It sucks for alchemists right now especially being that every profession person looks forward to the big influx of profit week 1 but over the long term you will make lots of gold

It’s almost like those people who were hellbent on saying “No changes” were onto something. Now we have a neutered profession, a Wintergrasp that is so laggy it’s nearly unplayable, a Wintergrasp that “has to wait” even after you win the battleground for you to turn in your quests/partake of the rewards (because it’s an instanced convoluted mess now), and are likely going to be seeing more nifty and unwelcomed things in the future.

Your entire gameplay revolves around selling flasks and you’re concerned about the price of the most useless flask in the game?

Unwelcomed things in the future? Like what?

You need to diversify your bonds