The fix for WoW Classic PvP: change the current Honor system to the pre-patch 2.0 Honor system

Hold on, I was onboard with decay slash or making tweaks to make it so you don’t have to give up months of life in one consecutive grind. And I think most of us are, but now it sounds like you and the Dwarf want an entirely different game with no resemblance to vanilla. I suggest you go to retail they have all that. Be patient you’ll only have to wait a year tops for classic TBC which you’ll probably like

The issue with locking pvp gear behind an absurd grind is this:
Back in the day players had so much longer to grind rank 14 for weps before they became obsolete. The phases are moving at a much more significant pace compared to how fast actual content came out in vanilla. Rank 14 weps are pretty much equivalent to BWL weapons for most classes. This means whenever the next phase of ZG and AQ comes out rank 14 weps for a majority of people will be meaningless. It doesnt seem reasonable to require people to call off work, take vacation days, then play 20+ hours a day to obtain weapons that might only be meaningful for the next 4 months. And yes, I know for some classes the weapons are BiS until naxx, but that is the exception and not the rule.

We have the updated R14 weapons; they’re really on par with Naxx loot for PvP because of the slow weapon speeds (PVP melee)

The gear is flat excellent for PvP even post Naxx because it has absurd amounts of stamina and BWL levels ofdamage.

For PvP the epic PVP gear is damn good, and only healers really gain from T3.

The naxx weapons are insane for casters tho.

As for naxx melee, weapon speeds and top end damage matters most, the “DPS” values are mostly meaningless because Vanilla pvp is about burst and survival of it.

The guys getting the PvP sets will be very well off in the long run, and that’s actually cool.

Naxx gear trumps epic pvp gear in 100% of cases. You have more stats and significantly better set bonuses. All caster weapons are better starting from AQ and moving forward. The point im making is that the gear is not BiS for many classes from AQ on, and would be swapped out for better items even in pvp settings for most classes.

Weapons for melee specifically only need to worry about too end damage and weapon speeds. That’s why only certain PvE drops a are good in pvp.

Above, said the same and also mentioned the caster weapons as better.

Even for melee there is little drop off. There are comparable weapon speeds and damage starting in AQ.

Let’s compare a few.

AQR is comparable to the R14 sword 1hand.
Deaths sting is comparable to R14 dagger.
Dark edge of insanity to the R14 axe 2hand.

For melee that’s about all AQ offers to my memory.

Review them on WoW head classic and you will see that the PvE loot is just not enough better to even worry about.

T2.5 tho is really damn good; IMO equal to the PvP epics for overall PvP use.

T3 looks great, problem is that it’s really kinda hyper focused on killing bosses only. (Talking specifically about the sets)

T3 is however God mode of you’re a healer or want to tank for whatever reason.

Anyhow, don’t take my word for it, actually go look up the AQ weapons and T3 armor to confirm.

t3 for DPS is def really good, AQ gear is the PvP set though, even for hybrids.

Also, weapon speeds don’t matter anymore in the patch we are in. Technically the r14 dagger is equivilant to perditions, DPS wise, only difference being the stats, so its like in the middle of MC dagger and AQ40.

AQ and onwards just beats PvP gear, it really is equivalent to BWL.

I was talking with him about PVP, the weapon top end damage is what matters for PVE, the DPS figures are almost meaningless.

no, cross realms were in preparation for TBC it doesn’t matter what patch they were. If you read the thread, it is not about everyone achieving everything it would still take a really long time to get rank 14 weapons. What we have now is not real vanilla, x-realm and AV afking, was that really in vanilla? only in the last 3 months. You are being dishonest if you don’t agree.

In real vanilla rank 14 didn’t take as much time as it did now. With my 10-12 hours a day I could easily achieve rank 13 or even 14, but im stuck at 11. Imagine playing 10-12 hours a day and being literally stuck at rank 11, moving 5% up a week. That is not how it was, due to x-realm and av afking.

Why not just stop caring about the gear and rankings…

Then the system feels good

what? There is no system without gear or ranks, that IS the system. I think you mean “Then PvP feels good”, which is not true, because WSG is full of premades and no one plays AV for fun, this would change if the system was better because then people would PuG a LOT more.

Also, I want to care about gear because half of this game is your characters progression and power level. It is a big part of the game. If I were to just slap on some blues and be done with it, I would play much less, especially now where there is no BGs to actually play.

I’d say either this or an MMR system where the percentiles are the same. What this means is if R12 requires you to be in the top 1% of honor from your faction, then it would require you to be in the top 1% of MMR instead.

how can you measure that, WSG, AB? What about AV? its just too complicated, remember the devs don’t wanna put that much time into it. The idea I presented is just more practical IMO especially in regards to the lack of resources classic has.

Sounds like a horde problem
Here I am afking AV at work and getting standing 50

have fun with the ban