The fix for WoW Classic PvP: change the current Honor system to the pre-patch 2.0 Honor system

Sorry but “warts and all” doesn’t apply here because then we would not have cross-realm BGs. If there was no cross-realm BGs then we can use this argument, but at the moment it does not work.

The ecosystem of vanilla and a lot of games is very delicate, so even changing this one thing (cross-realm BGs, which is really a big thing anyway) really shakes up what Vanilla is meant to be and now requires changes to fix it again.

3 Likes

Excellent post 10/10, I will resub and grind honor if they implement a new system. Until then the 18th is it for me.

4 Likes

Good post. Creating an environment that promotes this ridiculous amount of playtime is not good for anyone. It never was.

5 Likes

I support this. Rank 12+ should be very hard to get but right now you have to PVP for 12 hours a day to maintain rank 10. This is ludicris.

3 Likes

Thank you for commenting. Please if you support this idea comment to keep it visible and maybe the developers will see it. Don’t forget to like as well.

2 Likes

I’d come back to classic in an instant if this happened, I am back on retail because there isn’t any meaningful PvP progression unless you go extremely hard and sacrifice your life. In real Vanilla it wasn’t this bad… with 12 hours a day you could get rank 14, now its literally 20 hours a day or nothing.

2 Likes

The 2.0 honor system would not award the PVP epics at all; if they used the full 2.0 honor system the PVP epics would be locked behind Conquest points that require rated PVP.

They would need to add Rated BG’s to the game or Arena for this to take place.

The “honor system” awarded the second rate gear, in the case of Classic WoW that’s the blue PVP set and associated items.

The rank of High Warlord or Grand Marshal should be hard to get, and locking that behind an absurd grind like Vanilla or Rating like modern wow is really the only way to handle it properly.

I… actually really like this, it is a well thought out post. During vanilla WoW we had our one grand marshal on Daggerspine, Kuroma. He would play day after day and never leave battlegrounds. He averaged 250k honor per week. now people can average over 650k honor in 3 days grinding. At the end of the day the pvp grind shouldn’t be about fighting your own faction and the need to bracket stack. Reducing decay or implementing a necessary time commitment to the pvp rank itself is not such a bad idea in and of itself. It would however require blizzard to not screw the pooch. In the meantime bracket stacking is a necessary evil to get people through the grind as soon as they can.

2 Likes

No, the pre-patch honor system awarded epics just the same. As I mentioned a progressive gear system would be in place, and the time commitment would be the same as the current PvP reward system.

Let me start by saying that you’re at least trying to fix the problems of Classic 2019, but I would like to point out why the TBC pre-patch was horrible because it was only part of the TBC full honor system.

The pre-patch was dolling out epic loot to players who were often mostly in greens… It was a horrible system that entirely replaced all the other content points of the game fully funneling just about everyone into the BG’s, even the ones you did not want to see in BG’s because they’re clueless or simply don’t want to be there because they will find the path of least resistance.

Locking the Epic PVP rewards behind a PVP rating system to eliminate AFK botting that takes place now just like the full TBC system did is the only good way to handle the problem, /played should not be ever re-considered excluding the existing way of doing it because this system while annoying for those doing it is authentic.

If you’re going to replace the existing system at least use one that we know works well.

Your system while I see the point in it would only promote botting and no one wants that.

1 Like

This could be true, but the thing is all those problems are already happening with the current system even more.

I would definitely like to see some kind of arena, or RBG system but I don’t think the blizzard devs have the resources to create it. What I proposed would be a good system because it still requires a lot of time (minimum 3 months at 20 hours a day of /played) to get full epic gear, it just is gonna be spread out.

Again… botting is already happening hardcore because that is what the current system rewards anyway. If you do not want botting to happen, then they could make AV give really low honor and WSG and AB give high honor.

1 Like

Adding an MMR system and RBG is actually not all that complicated because it’s already a component to the base system they’re using… Classic WoW 2019 is built on a Modern WoW server with a Modern WoW client.

The only thing they need to do is implement that system that already exists and build some UI components for it.

A couple interns with some free time could handle most of the work, and then a month later after bugs have been tested you’re ready to rock.

1 Like

Well if it can truly be implement I wouldn’t mind that either but then you have to decide if gear or points will be weekly capped, etc, and it just would be way more complicated.

Cap the Conquest points at a very low rate even for the highest ranks, this way it would take 3 weeks at the best possible Conquest points cap to get a single item like epic boots or gloves…

You could even require the player not only have the conquest points but also be required to also trade in the blue set item of the same slot; this would require that the Rated players are then also required to attend the non-rated honor BG’s for the blue sets.

Doing so is actually a good thing because it improves the quality of game play in BG’s rather than leaving the game with a massive skill cap like took place in TBC.

great idea please blizz devs listen

1 Like

Asking for devs on a recreation of a game? What?

its just a small change to the PvP reward system.

1 Like

need more people to comment, this is a great idea.

I didn’t read any of that but it sounds like you want a different game from wow classic.

So go play a different game.

Already got rank ten by playing 10 hours a day and winning 95% of WSG matches. To get to rank 12 would require me to keep this up for one month, it is just too much. I can’t disconnect from life that much.