The first week of prepatch

The first week (11.0.0) is going to be hectic and not go smoothly because it has introduced so many new things and fundamentally changing how the game operates moving forward. I have no doubts that 11.0.1 which is the true patch from the roadmap will fix some notable issues and or bugs but I have a feeling that 11.0.2 will fix the majority of the prepatch bugs and things like that. But, let me tell you it’s unrealistic to fix every bugs and or issues so expect unexpected bugs that you might encounter when playing the game.

Just letting you know rn. Launch will be the exact same.

Bugs don’t bother me, it’s the unbalancing issue that I find rather game breaking (ele shaman on pvp)

1 Like

Prepatch is not where one should expect balance. And prepatch data is not where balance tuning should come from.

Tuning will happen every week for like, another 6 weeks minimum.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s too early to be a balance doom sayer, but with how DH Havoc made live back in DF prepatch - season 1. I don’t have much hope.

2 Likes

At this point we arent max level characters. It would be on par to looking at how PVP was in like, the 30-39 bracket and seeing a class or spec dominate.

Some classes have a lot more power than others coming from hero talents. And I strongly believe max level and hero talents should be what everyone is tuned around.

Ele sham, for example, has a bugged talent that is giving it like 5-10% more damage. That once that bug is fixed, it will act like a nerf in itself.

2 Likes

My point is, DH Havoc remained broken for like 3 seasons.

Pvp wise. I will admit though that once you jump into the broken class ez life train, it’s quite entertaining heh.

Sure. I just think thats a different issue.

We’ll see how it pans out. I want this expansion to be successful, despite my terrible attitude :smiley:

seeing as they dont test anything. a clusterfu…

I do too.

And I am sure I just have the flip side of the same bias. But I dont want elemental destroyed in PVE because of irrelevant prepatch data.

2 Likes

Fair, ele shaman remained in the gutter for far too long.

I think we are already playing 11.0.0.
What’s next and when is it happening?

It depends on the severity of the bug really…

Just hoping it doesn’t turn into a pot of porridge and bugs remained unsolved for years…

I just spent a few hours , picking 4 toons for the warband , moggin them a bit , fixing talents, updating addons , hitting the target dummy a bit and then logged off

Yup pre patch

Acting like hes some Oracle when the first week is 2/3rds gone lmao.

1 Like

So is 11.0.1 the main release on Aug 26 or is there something in between?

Seems last time we had a thing where we flew off to the Burning Steppes, or some such place, to get points for gear and one time we were fighting the scourge in the capital cities.

Anything like that coming before the main release?

Yes, Tiff, on the 30th the Radiant Echoes event will happen.

OK thanks :slight_smile:

Not that unrealistic when other MMOs manage to do that, even without beta/PTR.
As soon there’s new stuff in WoW, it seems like none of it is really finished and on top of that many other aspects of the game break apart that were fine before.
It’s also funny how we went from “Never play on patchday” to “Uh it’s patch week, don’t expect anything to work and stop criticizing!” over the years.

1 Like

Does every other mmo have no loading screen and that is wide open spaces and can transaction to other zones seamlessly? I think not. and also World of Warcraft is not build like any other mmo.