The fastest decline in WoW history

We all know WoW does not provide sub numbers. If we look at information available to us it looks like WoW is currently experiencing the fast decline from an Xpac in their history. Is this a sign of how bad SL or is there something else driving the mass exodus?

[World of Warcraft - MMO Populations & Player Counts (mmo-population.com)](https://mmo-population.com/r/wow/)

320 Likes

It was the fastest decline I have ever seen on my friends list and I never thought anything could tank faster after BFA. I was wrong.

4 people are on wow on my friends list atm. of the 4, 3 are on classic. Most of the WoW players on my list are classic now.

342 Likes

I think this is the case for most people.

30 Likes

Well there still Is more active players with time. I don’t want the game to fail. I only have ways I think It could be better.

15 Likes

They ruined PvE gearing.

The fact that PvE players felt obligated to PvP in order to gear up is a disgrace.

The game is casual and the amount of boosts/carries going on for people can get decent gear is ruining PvP too.

So they are ruining both PvE and PvP at the same time. Not to mention the class balance is horrendous. PvP right now is horrific and most people quit the moment they realize how bad everything is

323 Likes

Because the game’s legitimately terrible. I only play it because of the time and money investment over the years and because, like in an abusive relationship, I keep hoping that it gets better.

444 Likes

I don’t understand the discrepancy between that first graph and the chart below. One says a decline and the chart below says increase or maybe I just need to go back to sleep.

https://prnt.sc/zmfzgn

10 Likes

Not a huge fan of this expansion but I will keep playing. Reason being is that for a casual player it was nearly impossible to figure out what to do at level 60. I had no idea what to do.

24 Likes

I play. So, that’s one sub. Gotta start counting somewhere

5 Likes

I am playing only for my friends but now they are starting to not play that much.

29 Likes

This is exactly where I am at.

21 Likes

I like SL… I have a 6 month sub . My friends have 6 month subs too .

18 Likes

ohh I’m excited to see where this thread is going, recently someone posted a article from this site IIRC that showed WoW having the biggest player base of any MM+ with like 4M players (US) or something.
People went mad and bash the site and the OP saying it’s not reliable, very curious to see what the comments are going to be

1 Like

For me there are just way better options out there now. This is not something I would have said until maybe 8.2

Other games are just more accessible and less of a pain to deal with. The same old chore grind and doing the same content on 75 levels of difficulty has gotten stale as all hell. I mean I can’t believe I am even saying this but I would put multiple mmos ahead of WoW now. I regret not exploring FFXIV, ESO, GW2, SWTOR earlier.

I really used to enjoy WoW, but now I am wondering why I stayed so long with it. I should have quit towards the beginning of BFA.

73 Likes

My group I run m+ all quit, which is why I haven’t run any other 10s or virtually anything in 2+ weeks.

31 Likes

yeah, basically this.

19 Likes

I just finished leveling alt #8 to 60. The rest are Renown 32. Guild managed 10 players to run a normal CN. Beyond that place is pretty much a ghost town compared to a month ago. Still plenty for me to do but some people who only play one main and don’t Mog, pet battle, PVP, or mount collect are in short supply.

7 Likes

BFA was an expansion that offered too much, too much dailies, weeklies, queue systems (Warfronts, Islands, Visions, etc.), too much loot, WQ’s, just overall a lot of things to do in BFA compared to SL that actually meant something, but you had things to do that did mean something and you had a choice on what to do.

In SL you have things to do, like dailies in the Maw, Torghast, Covenant upgrades and, um, stuff. But it all means nothing. The covenant upgrades give absolutely nothing to a player that will help them push keys or raids other than the conduit upgrades. The Maw, I haven’t been there in weeks aside from the weekly soul quest, and even that I almost forgot to do a couple of times. I head to Torghast either at the start or end of the week, push 20 minutes for 2 wings and never go back until it’s reset.

I don’t bother anymore with my anima conductor WQ’s and whatnot aside from Valfir, and once the mount drops, I will never use that system again. The point system on conduits means some days I even forget to check I have the right setup for the spec I am in because there is no point changing anything with how limited it is.

The adventure table is garbage, I have spent 4 days pushing my champions into 1500 exp adventures just to fail, gain the exp and try and level my followers, I have gained one level on them only over that time and at this rate will take months before I can progress my campaign missions.

There is a ton of things to do, but what part of any of it outside PVP, raids and M+ actually mean anything? At least with BFA you could do something that would help you progress, like you could farm Vale or Uldum for currency to help you do more visions to get more gear, there was a system and progress could be made, now if I was to do the equivalent for SL I would be farming stygia for a socket.

91 Likes

This site says wow has 113.6 million “total players or subscribers”. I can tell you right off the bat that this is not accurate.

The Players and Daily login numbers are estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment.

lol. They don’t have access to true subscriber data because blizzard doesn’t provide it. And they factor in “online sentiment”?

These third party websites aren’t accurate.

MMO HEALTH

Good

The popularity is increasing. In the last 30 days it has increased in size by 0.529%.

We recommend starting this game!

They also say the population of wow is increasing, so that is counter to what you’re claiming.

10 Likes

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. See you later, Blizz.

88 Likes