The Fallen Lion

As the world server crashed, I was giving this letter to King Anduin. It would appear I no longer have the letter to give him and he is still waiting on it.

Let’s not keep the King waiting… LOL

This is with Snorinda - Maurdin.

Thanks.

It looks like the letter was removed from your inventory, Banned. I’d recommend abandoning the quest and returning to Genn Greymane to pick it back up.

1 Like

I will try this. thanks.

1 Like

help! I have picked up the letter, ridden the gryphon and attempted to deliver it to the king. the letter vanished and the quest doesn.t continue. I have tried abandoning the quest and doing it again, but it just disappears again at the same point

You’re welcome to report this as a bug in the Bug Report forums, but I believe the only thing to try to resolve this is dropping it again and trying again :frowning:

There isn’t a whole lot of info available on this one on WoWHead and nothing recent either. But based on the advice above, I’d give it another shot.

1 Like

Try abandoning the quest and picking it up once more, Aquiaqui. This time, instead of taking the offered gryphon try flying there yourself.

That seems to be a viable workaround for many folks who are experiencing something similar.

1 Like

I am having a similar problem. I had the quest but when I tried to turn it in to Anduin it said I didn’t have the letter. I assumed I lost it so I abandoned the quest. Turns out it was in my bag the whole time! But when I go to see Genn Greymane he’s not actually there (although he looks there on my map). Should I destroy the letter?

Sorry I posted this under the wrong character. But I should add that it had also bugged my ability to use the portals in the Stormwind mage tower.

Please be aware of the dates of this thread. It’s nearly two years old from its start, and a year dead. Necroing things is bad, no matter what our resident warlocks like to believe. In the future please start a new thread if it’s not less than a few weeks old.

Yes, you should be able to delete the letter. Try logging out and back in and see if Genn is back on the Skyfire in the Harbor.

2 Likes

I can get the letter all the way to Arduin, but ANY option I pick doesn’t let me progress. The continue button is greyed out in the window that says “You have something for me?”. If i do the other option and give him the letter, then im stuck in the same situation just with no letter. And yes, this is after “Abandoning” the quest twice and going to get the letter from the dude.

Literally as I was writing this, I was AFK in the game for about 10 minutes and upon posting this, went back to the game and it started working! One person had mentioned to give it “time” which I had done once already, but this time it worked. Fixed itself

2 Likes

Id editvur post and move it to the bug forums just incase.

Also, this is a 5yo thread…

1 Like

Glad to hear it, Yeethane.

Given the age of this thread I’m going to lock it. If you are still having trouble please create a new thread. :slight_smile:

3 Likes