The Faction Rivalry

I completely agree. The only reason the Forsaken are there is because their Banshee Queen said so. And for Blizzard to turn around and say the kaldorei got their revenge when…the Alliance let Sylvanas blight her own city and then later killed a bunch of trolls we’d never even met before? buh? Really should’ve been orcs vs nelfs (and pls stop with the risen nelfs turning against their own people, can your lot just take Nathanos and lock him in closet or something, the guy is a pr…uh, annoyingly arrogant and rude, motherless son of a pustulent murloc) and forsaken vs humans. Alas, alack, if only we wrote the story.

9 Likes

This pretty much sums it all up.

Quick Edit: At this point I’m fairly certain chimps taking steamers on a keyboard could write a better story.

I found it really bizarre the Terror of Darkshore cinematic hypes up everyone- but the actual participants. Except for I guess Nathanos.

And honestly the snide comments from Natty Blight were, I thought, the only decent bit of dialogue describing the Forsaken attitude there. Because who are they to eachother? Tyrande pops out yelling doom at a person who, far as I know, she just now meeting. Obviously they know eachother from reputation but c’mon - Etrigg and Trollbane were more compelling, even if it did kinda sound like 96 year olds arguing over who gets to hold the remote in the retirement home.

2 Likes

I’d rather join the void, they’re less evil. And I want the Horde to take it’s turn suffering.

If Alliance characters utterly forgive the Horde despite the fact their faction was purposefully involved in the most disgusting and distasteful acts of unprovoked genocide I’ve seen in fiction from a supposedly ‘morally grey’ group I think I’ll not only be done with this game, I’ll try and fund and encourage those DDOS groups to cripple Blizzard out of spite.

Seriously how repulsive to play a faction so weak and pathetic that they’ll just look the other way and treat the Horde like a bunch of retarded children who cannot be responsible for their own actions.

I want the Alliance to get what the Horde has, utterly destroy a Horde capital, commit genocide, choose an Alliance leader to scapegoat and shift all responsibility to without even killing OR kicking out, just making them leave on their own accord (Tyrande seems a nice fit) and ‘feel bad about it’ and promise not to do it again.

I think this makes the most narrative sense, the Horde has no reason to change because in the back of their minds, every Horde leader must be thinking."Lol, you know what, even though what happened to Teldrassil was wrong, the Alliance are a bunch of p*&ssies. We aren’t scared of them, this is our decision to change and changing back to Evil is easily an option’

I just want the Horde to get a major kick in the nuts and be like, "Oh ok, the Alliance actually are willing to exterminate us or let the planet die because they are so over out BS that they don’t care about the greater good anymore, I guess we HAVE to behave ourselves and show them we can change

Why shouldn’t they? Alliance had to be subjected to feeling like a bunch of useless weaklings when we where forced to do that idiotic 'save 1% of the Darnassus population and watch a ton of them die because you suck" that some lamebrain Blizzard employee thought that would be ‘engaging’. Besides the Horde could use a bit of kicking in the dirt, have you seen the population data for high end content, the faction imbalance is such a joke I don’t anything is going to harm the Horde numerical advantage at this point.

2 Likes

I actually did something like this in roleplay once. My Forsaken and his girlfriend exchanged hearts in a very literal manner. Certainly puts a new spin on “disgustingly sweet”.

… Of course I went on a hiatus and she moved on to a Forsaken that was a little more… Put together. When I came back I learned she’d done the same thing with her new undead boyfriend.

So technically there is a Forsaken guy out there with my character’s heart!

Moral of the story: Don’t give your heart to someone who so freely gives theirs or you’ll end up heartless and alone.

6 Likes

Nah, it’s not as bad as Void Elf, or even Nightborne, it’s about the same difficulty as Highmountain. You can roll a Huojin Pandaren with a boost, that’s what I did, they’re only really guilty by proxy since they never do anything.

I say they shouldn’t be subjected to it cause I didn’t like when I was subjected to it to the point that my desire to play a game I love and have serious investment ceased to exist and I quit. Tried to come back. And then quit again about a week after 8.2 came out.

But as others have pointed out in this thread you can’t even suggest that the Horde losing only be on screen for Alliance questing without the Horde player base throwing a fit. So who knows anymore. Maybe I shouldn’t be making suggestions for content that won’t negatively impact Horde players. It’s not like any of them ever came to the defense of my sub sect of the player base when we were being put on the sacrificial alter for their soul searching power fantasy.

3 Likes

The Alliance has an inbuilt succession system where if one King or Exarch dies it suddenly doesn’t throw the faction into chaos. Compared to the Horde, which increasingly resembles Caesar’s Legion (militaristic faction that needs an enemy to unify against and can’t function as a united faction during peace time)—the Alliance has a lot more long term suitability to it, even during period of infighting. If only Blizzard focused on communicating this or any internal Alliance politics rather than just having it be background plot points in one of Golden’s novels…

Reroll a blood elf instead; that way you can be fantastic and also pursue a nationalist agenda that doesn’t involve burning cities to the ground with babies inside.

I demand an option where the Sin’dorei break from the Horde so we don’t get roped into any more stupidly evil things.

Funny way to misspell Zandalari :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lorthemar looked a lot more pissed at the Void Elves than the Forsaken to me. Didn’t seem to care about the tree thing. In fact, did anyone but Alliance members and Saurfang even say it was wrong? I can’t recall.

They were silent from what I’ve seen until after it happened.

Lor’themar sees the Void Elves as a direct threat to the Sunwell by their very existence. He doesn’t see the forsaken as a direct threat to the Sunwell.

Rokhan mentions Teldrassil when Baine is arrested but it isn’t in a fashion that condemns it.

Even when Baine returns Derek to Jaina they discuss Theramore instead of Teldrassil. And indirectly discuss the Giant Sword impaling the planet for something else that is near completely overlooked as well.

Rexxar makes mention of Jaina having killed too many not Sylvanas. (Still wonder about that.)

It feels like they know they either have to have the various Horde leadership defect right away to Saurfang or have them become damaged irreparably as characters by acknowledging Teldrassil while still supporting Sylvanas. So they go “head in the sand” while making Derek Proudmoore the breaking point?

5 Likes

Probably because Teldrassil was not PG-13 enough to constantly throw in the player’s faces.
Even on the Alliance side besides one or two instances it is barely if ever mentioned.

Except Tyrande and Darkshore warfront and we all know how well that was resolved.

Rexxar isn’t wondering about that any more:

Eh, he actually annoys me more when I’m attempting to play Horde. Honestly that’s one of the reasons I have a hard time with the faction - the NPCs are so often just so freakin’ rude. Like, “‘Do not loiter’? 'Do not loiter’?? I’m buying from you ugh jeezus I’m taking my business elsewhere.” At least goblins sometimes tell you to stay safe out there. Nathanos is never anything better than snidely condescending, and if I want that, I can just wait 'til Monday ask my team lead anything at all.

3 Likes

I still wonder about. Sorry for not being clear on that.

1 Like

Oh, no, you were clear. I meant that Rexxar himself flip-flopped to pro-Jaina and anti-Sylvanas as quickly as everyone else did, and isn’t thinking about what he said about Jaina before any more than when he said it.

6 Likes

Oh come now the Forsaken give nothing but polite, kind advice. Watch your back. Beware the living. Remember - Patience, Discipline. Trust no one.

All of these are solid tips.

7 Likes

I play the Alliance because I do not want to be a genocidal monster. So, no thank you please. Getting justice is entirely different from becoming the monster we want brought to justice.

9 Likes