The Faction Rivalry

I think we’re at the point where getting just a bit of the other side’s treatment would be the opposite of suffering. It’s more of a pendulum swing; both sides are unhappy because the pendulum has swung too far in one direction, and any move away from that would be an improvement.

But then we’d probably have people upset because the other side only got the good parts of what they went through, and I can’t even promise I wouldn’t be one of them. :-\

3 Likes

So… Sylvanas is Azeroth’s gandhi?

But you do. And even if you didn’t, you have allies that can be helped.

Tangent: Gandhi was pretty awful. He is viewed as some kind of saint for his activism against British Imperialism, ignoring that he was deeply racist against black people, Homophobic, sexually and emotionally abusive to women, including his wife, children and young boys. He was a womanizer and deeply sexist. Not to mention vocally supportive of fascism and fascist leaders. :EndTangent

4 Likes

He thought Hitler was a swell guy.

3 Likes

As for his wife when she got cancer (I think) he wouldn’t let her get treatment and just let her die.

where ? you mean the smoking husk of teldrassil that used to be the place that we, gilneas used to live?
or the blight infested city?

You mean stormwind? where people live in the streets?.

no, i don’t have a home. i have… nothing.

Literally any Alliance city or town still intact.

Well if you’re literally role-playing then yes, pretend a house is your own. If you aren’t role-playing, your PC never had a physical home they possessed.

2 Likes

I feel like this is a willful attempt at obtuseness.

1 Like

“forget about the home of your people and accept your fate as a homeless in stormwind” roger that, i guess.

like who cares if we can just all live in stormwind. why even have different cities in the first place? why have different races? lets go all into stormwind.
I am sorry, no.

There’s a difference between ‘forget your home’ and ‘not be a destructive nihilist’. You can find a new home, keep hoping for your old one, and/or live for allies without some suicidal revenge mentality.

I said literally any area. And this doesn’t really address if you’re roleplaying or not, which neither is ‘be homeless’ as a necessary situation.

That isn’t what I said and clearly misunderstands my point. There’s still diversity in the Alliance, both in races and locations. And it is selfish to say, ‘I don’t have literally 100% of what I want, screw everything’. That’s not what the Alliance is about. It doesn’t excuse a nihilistic mindset.

4 Likes

I get it, I do – I mean, not the “we suck” part, I don’t think we suck, but wanting to strike back, I feel it too. I’ve mained Night Elf since before I RPd, before I knew they were called kaldorei, before knew what that name meant. I love them, their lore, their freaking crafting and sleep animations. And Blizzard kicked off this expansion with a punch to the chest, they did it on purpose, intending for it to be affecting and to hurt, and then they bailed on the kaldorei’s story. They sent me to quest in human lands, they sent our 7th Legion soldiers to die (I have yet to find, on any alt, a living 7th Legion kaldorei when you’re supposed to go save the half drowned ones in that intro quest to Zuldazar, though I find lots of dead ones), and they said a minion group and a valkyr were enough revenge for us at the same time they raised our own heroes to fight against us. In the warfront that we’re supposed to feel good about winning, they’re our boss fights. It’s like Blizzard has no idea how to make us feel good about our own story, only how to kick us in the teeth.

But making Horde players feel worse won’t make me feel better, and killing a city full of civilians isn’t revenge, it’s monstrous. My characters would be horrified – they want to defeat the Horde leadership and military and bring them to justice, not to murder their children.

Blizzard is capable of writing a better story than one where both sides are equally evil, but if they choose not too, well, I’d rather play a faction that gets kicked in the teeth than one that’s okay with burning civilians alive.

8 Likes

Sorry but the Alliance does suck as does anyone else not willing show those who commit atrocities against you that what goes around comes around. The Horde YET AGAIN gets away with warcrimes and pins it on one scapegoat and suffers zero punishment. It makes Alliance look like punks.

It will for me, if Blizzard won’t balance the factions or fundamentally change the 2 faction system Horde players may as well get a crap story to punish the ‘path of least resistance’ players who all hopped over to Horde when they realised how much better their raiding scene is. Seriously the snowball effect is too extreme now to fix this problem by regular methods.

I don’t even consider Horde civilians innocent at this point. Going along with evil because, “I don’t want to make waves” makes them just as guilty as Sylvanas. Not to mention, the Horde constantly keep reducing Alliance population numbers and destroying their homes, if Alliance doesn’t do the same I just can’t feel good playing them.

Your character is an idiot because that was tried in MOP and nothing changed.

I don’t, I have literally no respect for people (fictional or real life) who are too weak, either in ability or willpower to do what is necessary to stop evil in its tracks.

Dealin is right, the Horde will never change because they have no reason to.

Basically I hope I get what I want and you don’t, for the Alliance to just go, “Yeah I’m done” and just use any underhanded methods to decimate a hefty population of the Horde.

3 Likes

Wait Scrolls of lore still exists? i thought that place died in 2019.

Yeah, this is a big thing of common group I can get. That I understand my fellow Alliance player’s frustration when it comes to feel reactionary, not enough justice, etc. I just differ where I’d like to take that. There’s easily room for more satisfying justice without sacrificing Alliance principles.

I’d prefer the people who want the Alliance to, you know, not be the Alliance, to just play Horde. Because sounds like the way they view them, that’s what they want to be anyway.

6 Likes

What exactly are Alliance principles? From wc1, until wrath, they were a group of survivalists rather than superheroes.

The steadfast Alliance is driven by tradition. They are staunch defenders of justice and duty who protect the realm of Azeroth against any aggressors, including the savage Horde.

Humans, night elves, dwarves, gnomes, draenei, and the savage worgen make up the illustrious Alliance. Proud and noble, courageous and wise, these races work together to preserve order in Azeroth. The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith.

In a time when chaos and uncertainty reign, the Alliance remains steadfast in its determination to bring light to the darkest corners of the world.

Honor, faith, justice, sacrifice, mercy, etc.

7 Likes

Gosh, Ikaar, thanks for that thoughtful reply that is clearly meant to foster dialogue, not just vent, and for showing me the same courtesy I tried to show you, of trying to understand and show respect for your perspective while presenting another, equally valid point of view–

–oh wait, no, that didn’t happen at all.

I suppose I can just be grateful we don’t play the sane faction–

–oh, wait…

13 Likes

It isnt about being honorable or good, these people want a event so they can make fun of how bad the horde is to horde players

2 Likes

As, this is why the Horde can abandon their “principles” all few years and play the innocent afterwards? No amigo, that’s not how it works in warcraft.

No, you play a bunch of idiots who think it’s okay to accept a scapegoat every few warcrimes and move on with it.