The Faction Rivalry

So this is a purely gameplay complain? Shouldn´t you be qqing on the proper forums to be heard (cause dear, here on the lore wasteland we kinda can´t help you with that. Take the issue with Blizz, they are the only ones that can make you “blow up” one of our cities if that is your fetish or something).

Indeed. But then again I think you didn´t got my point… also still waiting on your explanation on why is cool to become histerical over Teldrassil -and mind you, by practical purposes Teldrassil is still there, you just have to talk to the nice Bronze dragon- but not over losing a warchief, for example).

Works both ways dude… your subjective enjoyment of the game is not my not any other Hordie´s problem, so respectfully piss off and go demand the stuff from the actual source A.K.A. Blizz employees

To “dumb it down” for you and the other likeminded posters: if you think acting rude and “clever” with us all in these forums to get your one-in-a-lifetime-and-totally-erasable -by-gameplay-mechanics “blowing up” scenario (totally not worth it dear, those things have the shelf life of milk left exposed to the sun and after the first time they get very old very fast) is the way to get other posters to support you and sympathize with you, then me thinks you´re barking at the wrong tree here, and as a matter of fact you may get the opposite response from the players. If you have zero empathy for the rest, then frankly you don´t deserve any empathy either and can go away and continue to be salty, period.

6 Likes

Do you know what the word subjective means?

It means some Horde players enjoy it.
Some dont.

Regardless they got the content. Several times actually.
Now I want to have the same type of content on my blue side.

Its not that hard to understand.

I really have no idea what your argument is here.

You got blowing up something of Alliance content several times on the Horde faction.

I am asking to have similar content because it is important on a story level to me.

Then stop acting dumb and go ask for it (I mean usually big companies like Blizzard have proper tools to get player feedback; especially in regards to gameplay features… and what you want IS a gameplay feature, no more and no less)…

As you said, is not that hard to understand.

4 Likes

I am.

I am asking for it right here.

And you are wasting yours and our time, this place is not designed to achieve that goal. This is a place to discuss lore, but literally NOTHING we say here successfully reach the people in charge of designing the story in the first place.

Go harras them devs on tweeter or something… you have better chances there than here. This forum is SO irrelevant regarding the actual design of the game we complained MONTHS BEFORE BfA LAUNCHED AND THE RIDICULOUS NARRATIVE STILL GOT IMPLEMENTED.

This is how little the devs care over the SF… ever since BtS we told them “damn, no!!” and nothing changed.

2 Likes

I do it cause I dunno I guess I think arguing with people is fun or something

1 Like

Yes this is a place to discuss lore and I am telling in the Lore the Alliance should have gotten a few punches in (the content I am asking for) otherwise the story will suffer.

Please see all the times Horde went full evil with no repercussion and then do it again.
When Saurfang says “break the cycle” means that there has to be something that is spinning.

Horde kills civilians.
Alliance kills civilians.
Thats the spinning wheel that must be stopped.

Horde kills civilians.
Alliance and Horde join together to capture bad guy and put him to justice.
This is no wheel.

And this is the current problem with the story and this breaking of wheel nonsense.

The Horde leader also tends to turn around and kill fellow Horde, leading to a civil war in which more Horde characters end up as raid bosses/killed.

If Tyrande’s going to get to be like Garrosh/Sylvanas, she won’t just blow up a Horde settlement/city. She’ll also attack other Alliance characters, blow up a friendly Alliance city, and after a couple of Alliance characters die stopping her, she’ll escape to become the BBEG of the next expansion.

And the whole time, the Alliance champion has to be lectured by Anduin and Thrall and Baine about how Tyrande and all the Night Elves are betraying everything they stand for.

Which is something I definitely think could work as a story, but I highly doubt it’s something a lot of players would enjoy playing through.

24 Likes

For the n-esim time… THIS IS NOT THE PLACE!!!

We can´t help you with your frustration regarding the lack of Horde territory destroyed by Alliance as much as you can´t help us with our frustration regarding the loss of Horde characters to the villain bat, the loss of Horde identity and the perpetual practice of making the Horde PC take orders from Alliance / formerly Alliance / Alliance flavored “heroes” et al regardless of the insults issued to the afortementioned Horde PC.

I mean dude, even Akiyass realized what is the true issue… it isn´t rocket science indeed.

I wouldn´t desire this on anybody… for all the grievances, Alliance players AT LEAST have a concise thematic surrounding their lore background (they DO have an identity as a faction… a boring one, but a clear one). We Hordies are the favorite toy of the devs when they feel like designing for the demented or something (Horde identity is nonexistant and Horde is NOT ALLOWED to develop one… how are they gonna pull “faction war expacs” out of their butts if they don´t have the schizo Horde to pick raid Boss material from?)

1 Like

Well based on our previous discussions I don’t think you would be interested in considering these types of requests.

Also lets not pretend I am an outlier here about these requests or ideas.
Virtually every thread turns into a Night Elf Sylvanas fan boi pity party.

Even if Blizzard doesnt read these nothing stops us from discussion them.

What most Alliance players who want the Alliance to “be aggressive” seem to be constantly suggesting is a situation where the Alliance basically gets to treat the Horde like the Horde treats the Alliance, but without the constant roster changes, in-fighting, guilt tripping and villain batting the that comes with it.

It’s an unreasonable request because it’s not asking to swap places. It’s asking for a double standard that kind of flies in the face of what’s been one of WoW’s central narratives.

For all the bad writing and inconsistency that Blizzard gets accused of, it’s remained pretty consistent on that front at least: “two wrongs don’t make a right.” The cycle of violence isn’t cured by more violence. And BfA definitely didn’t aim to put things right.

21 Likes

If Andiun must die.
That is a sacrifice we are willing to make.

What time works best for you guys?

Syrina already told you guys of the sacrifices… Anduin is not enough, he´s basically the Cairne.

You would have to sacrifice at least 2 more leaders to stupid cartoonish evil (that includes those leaders attacking and killing other goodie two shoes Alliance leaders like Velen). You people are literally not prepared for this.

4 Likes

Anduin seems more like the Thrall to me.

Anduin retires in disgust and the Alliance story involves players having to track him down and convince him to come back because the other Alliance leaders are fighting amongst themselves and killing each other.

5 Likes

Ah so you don’t mind unsanctioned use of the Blight…?

Well then. I get to say what I always wanted to.

:cloud_with_lightning: :skull: :radioactive: :green_heart: "DEPLOY THE PLAGUE!!" :green_heart: :radioactive: :skull: :cloud_with_lightning:

-watches Exodar go up in green smoke-

…Huh. Now I see why she did that. That was amazing for my blood pressure and stress relief.

-proceeds to imitate Ghandi from Civilization with the Blight Bombs-

ATTN Leaderless Forsaken: I hereby nominate myself to be your next racial leader. I’m already a Shadow Priest, and I’m sure one of you can / will reanimate me if I die, so… I think I’ve hit most of the bases for what your looking for. I even have yellow eyes.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the leaders die in most embarrassing ways, in a book, or by some mook’s spear that was “guided by an unforeseen force.” Also to be irrelevant in the good story fueled expansions, and take center stage in the failed expansions that were basically set up to cause problems to both factions, etc.

Honestly I think Akiyass somewhat hit the nail on the head. Both sides want to switch and trade places. Problem I find that is because since both sides suffered and nothing will change. The suffering is just different. Grass is greener and all that.

Unfortunately with how Activision Blizzard treats us, there are way more and more Alliance troll posters by the day frothing at the mouth with hatred and rage. Thinking they can get what the Horde has without the price or consequences, failing to see the meat grinder the Horde has been through. That’s not how things work. Both sides went through the meat grinder, just different grinders. sigh

Yeah I know I’m repeating myself but hey so are the troll posters day in and day out.

20 Likes

I am not sure what just happened.

Because more Alliance players are rightfully angry.

Well you can keep frothing at the mouth to shed horde blood and call it justice all you like, but you’re never going to get it. Not with the current writing crew showing a pretty blatant inability to write actual Alliance aggressiveness.

So, in the end, all you’re left with are angry rage posts.

7 Likes

Here… I’ll show you the reference.

1 Like