The fact that Tauren joined the Horde is racist and needs to stop

I didn’t read all that but the Orcs took the Quillboar’s land

1 Like

If you’re going to respond to me without even attempting to engage with what I’m saying, then I have no reason to ever interact with you again. Blocked. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pls tell me the OP is being sarcastic.

4 Likes

I’m not going to engage with a bunch of cope, the Orcs took the Quillboar’s land lol

No, it’s not. The Tauren never had any settlements there to begin with. This is like saying they gave the Horde Azshara, or parts of Ashenvale or something.

Do you want to know what this specific period is actually called in Warcraft’s history?

“The Colonization of Kalimdor.”

It’s literally spelled out right there.

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s makes no mention of pushing out the quiliboar. Just that the orcs were aided by the Tauren and darkspear in settling the new land that would become Durotar

2 Likes

Tauren joining the Horde is/was a bad thing

No.

1 Like

Also scrolling up to see the Quilboar talk:

The Quilboar struck first unprovoked, the Horde was only defending itself, the pigmen had it coming.

1 Like

It doesen’t matter who attacked first. The land is crap. Should have taken Feralas instead.

1 Like

Yeah for reference on the Quillboars the closest we have is the quest Encroachment

This is a bait topic but the Quillboar stuff and the Horde is similar to Stormwind’s relationship with Gnolls, the sole difference is we don’t have any information on what the Gnolls had prior to Stormwind’s growth a little over 100 years prior, but with Durotar “the Razormane quilboars possessed much of the land, and proved a thorn in our sides. Through our efforts we have driven out the largest part of their numbers, but still they remain well-fortified in some areas.”

3 Likes

Stop acting like you dont know the difference between colonization as a neutral word for settling a location, and colonization as the OP was referring to. You know damn well words have more problematic meanings in different contexts.

By the way, if you read further you’ll see:

" Thrall led the orcs to the continent of Kalimdor, where they founded a new homeland with the help of their tauren brethren."

The only people living in Durotar before were hostile to the other natives of Kalimdor, and tried to have them exterminated. The Tauren used their new allies to help them in their eternal war against the quilboar and centaur, and the Tauren won, giving the orcs part of the lands they helped secure. Meanwhile, the Tauren took the objectively more fertile land, Mulgore.

We can have an ethical debate on whether it was right for the Tauren to help the orcs settle Kalimdor at the expense of the quilboar and centaur, but the idea that orcs are colonizers against the Tauren is both laughable and racist. It also robs the Tauren of any agency in any of this, which just adds to the obvious anti-native America stereotypes the OP is relying upon to make his stupid point make sense.

2 Likes

Feralas:

1: belongs to the Tauren
2: is an incredibly dangerous place

It’s interesting how the Night Elves happen to control almost all the safe, fertile land on Kalimdor, isn’t it? Almost like this was intentional worldbuilding to explain the resentment against the night elves and to explain the eternal resource war between Kalimdor’s other natives.

6 Likes

Thus making it morally acceptable to push them our of their lands, and engage in their mass murder?

Honey, there’s a word for that. “Colonization.” Just because some of the natives help, doesn’t make it any less problematic.

On this I wil agree. The idea that the Orcs were colonizers against the Tauren is indeed laughable and outrageously wrong.

But the Orcs were still colonizers. Which was my original point.

4 Likes

I’m sorry Solarion, is this thread about the quilboar and the centaur?

No. It’s about the Tauren. Stay focused.

Like I said, we can have a debate on whether the treatment of the quillboar and centaur was just.

If you’re wondering: yes, it was. If you spend eons trying to exterminate a rival tribe, then that rival tribe gets new friends and uses them to help defeat their genocidal enemies, then yes it is justified to take their land.

Just like it was justified to take over Berlin after WW2. When you try to commit genocide, certain rules no longer apply.

But again, this is irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

The Tauren joining the Horde was not racist.

Make sure to bring this up the next time the Troll Wars becomes a discussion. I’m sure a lot of the troll/Horde fans will look on this statement with exceptional agreement.

/sarcasm off

3 Likes

And it’s a reasonable discussion to have in a thread where that’s at all relevant. We’re talking about a potential colonizer relationship between the Horde and the Tauren. This is a ridiculous conversation.

This racist OP is trolling and comparing European imperialism to minority-coded races who worked together to provide a better future for them all. It’s disgusting. And you’re falling for it.

Outside of the Zandalar and Darkspear, you understand that the other troll tribes would have zero qualms about wiping out anyone they consider a rival right?

Guess it’s okay when they try it though

2 Likes

Lol yeah, if anything the game has already proven my point on this. If you’re genocidal, people won’t care as much when your land gets taken.

Also, Solarion you’re ignoring a key fact: at the very least, Trolls tend to go after non-native races (titanforged, elves who colonized Lordaeron, dwarves who come from underground).

The quilboar and the centaur were trying to exterminate each other, and the Tauren. They were cannibalizing each other when (imo) they should have been joining forces against the Night Elves (but thats another discussion). The Tauren had the agency and wisdom to ally with friends who shared similarities in their culture. Again, this happens in real life, too. There are real-life stories of Black people and Native Americans joining forces and sharing cultures. This is why this idiot OP is pissing me off so much.

To act like there’s a Colonizer (with a capitol C) relationship between the Horde and the Tauren is racist, because it relies on assumptions that the Tauren didn’t have true agency in the relationship. This is laughable and relies on someone not having played Warcraft 3 to even consider. It also paints a false equivalency between the European-coded races and the obvious minority-coded races, ignoring all context and nuance around those topics.

1 Like

To be fair, this thread got necro’d because you said ‘The orcs aren’t colonizers’ and that became the discussion focus. I don’t think Solarian thinks there is a colonizer relationship with the Tauren and the Horde, just that the Orcs did technically colonize Quilboar land. We can quibble about “Is it colonizing if they’re eternal enemies” (Your Berlin/Germany comparison isn’t quite accurate imho), but I mean, Solarian is and you’re saying he’s talking about the Tauren and Orcs.

4 Likes

And I’ve already explained the differences in the neutral english word “colonizer” and the obvious problematic implications the OP is associating with the word.

You’re not stupid. You know what I meant, and if you didn’t then you didn’t read any of the context I’ve provided.

This thread is inherently racist, relies on total ignorance of pre-WoW lore, and a total lack of understanding of the historical context they were (very obviously) drawing from when they invented the Tauren and had them join forces with another oppressed minority group.

The Tauren joining the Horde was not racist. This thread is.

Stop.

Edit: and I didnt necro this thread. It rose to the front page on its own. I even referenced this in my first post.

Think. Read.