The fact that kul'tirans can only be one body type

Makes about as much sense as Warsong or Frostwolf being the only options available for people who wish to play as a Mag’har. I’m not sure why Blizzard has seemingly decided against implementing the regular human model (or the skinny male model for that matter) when it can only be an improvement by providing more customization options for players. Not implementing them doesn’t make any logical sense given that, believe it or not, Kul’Tirans can possess more than one body-type.

As a whole this is a massive (ha) missed opportunity. The Kul’Tiran models that are available aren’t terrible looking, it just doesn’t make sense why its the only model available unless there’s a technical reason behind it.

14 Likes

The search function on these forums works unlike the old ones. There are already threads on this topic.

3 Likes

I agree 100% but yeah this topic is getting a bit spammy.

2 Likes

Seeing how no race in the game offers different body types, I fail to see the outrage in this.

23 Likes

Wait, so thin humans aren’t going to be a thing?

2 Likes

There are other body types for every other race. But yet we’re stuck playing as the thin version of them.

Why can’t I play as a husky void elf? Why can’t I play as a husky goblin like Gallywix?

Stop. Just stop. The one time Blizzard is adding a non-furry race that husky players feel represents them and thin players are raging that they don’t feel represented in it.

NEWSFLASH: NOT EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS GOING TO REPRESENT YOU.

Husky players have had to deal with that for pretty much every other race. Get over it.

You want to play a thin Kul’Tiran? Roll a human. You want a human druid? Roll a Kul’Tiran. Want a thin human druid? Roll a Worgen.

18 Likes

Go play the Sims already.

7 Likes

Well as forsaken have been around since alpha i think im in line ahead of you as far as body type customization goes.

However I think actiblizz should probably just focus on fixing their game and company instead. Body types dont matter much when nobody is subbed to use them.

2 Likes

It went downhill after Sims 3

6 Likes

I actually agree with you but I would assume you would be posting similar in all the crying Horde Warmode threads. You know, keeping consistant and all.

As a proud boomkin to be, my owl form will be fat no matter what, so I don’t have much of a horse in the race. That being said, I did see they had thin models at some point that got data mined but I assume they were just for NPCS now.

I’m torn between a hunter or a warrior. I like the idea of a strongman type warrior but I also think the KT look of running around with a big gun sounds appealing.

2 Likes

Well good point. When the 30% bonus first came out I spent time in those threads telling them they could always just turn off war mode. Honestly I was embarrassed by my horde brethren for those threads. I can see myself calling out the spam aspect too but I cannot give you a specific example so its possible I did not.

If it makes you feel any better though, my dislike of these KT threads is not because its alliance spam its because of the aversion to them not being thin.

I will keep your admonition regarding consistency in mind.

1 Like

Lol I feel that! I’ve had this race change on this druid for about 7-8 months now waiting for Kul Tirans, maybe longer. But for my alt to get the heritage armor I’ve been torn. Kinda thinking a rogue just because of how silly it would look but maybe a mage just to give Jaina a nod and be like “You’re not the only special one around here”.

As for your choice, I think a hunter would be hilarious but a warrior would be super cool looking and kind of fulfill that warrior fantasy that alliance is kind of lacking from all our scrawny or short races. Save the dranei males anyways.

1 Like

I’m just giving you crap. I’ve seen so many of these posts that it seems more like a strange misconception around KT body types. No one else has multiple body types so the very idea makes zero sense.

1 Like

And what irritates me more are how many people are against it. And they give silly reasons like “No other race has it, so why should they be special?” Like… dude, everything has a starting point. This could be the starting point for doing similar across other races. I would love for that to happen. I would love for Blizzard to update their engine to allow fuller customization of models similar to most games these days. You gotta start somewhere…

8 Likes

I agree but I’ve become so dang skeptical about Blizzard over the years it’s hard for me to see happening lol.

How about instead of telling other people to stop, you start asking for the things you want, too? Why can’t you have a husky void elf? Why can’t you play as a husky goblin? That would be cool, too!

4 Likes

I mean, I would love to play a gallywix type goblin, I know that it’s something they’re avoiding for now because of animations and other stuff they have to balance around it. However, I’d love to see more customization options for every race in the future. Just like how undead want the ability to not have bones sticking out and have more of a Blightcaller type body.

you are forgetting that Kul Tiras is made up of 3 house holds

embers
stormwake
proudmoore

Proudmoores are a thick boned family. Even remodeled Jaina is packing heat.

and being the head of the three households, the players are given the character models that represent kul tiras leadership

4 Likes