The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

Thanks for the laughs.

4 Likes

Some of the changes are good and some of them are silly.

Turning women into fruit is a bit silly. Admittedly, I thought it was pretty funny myself–especially the outrage some people had concerning it. That, however, does not change the fact.

3 Likes

Look at you, pretending you speak for everyone, and that someone who works on the game is somehow less valuable than someone who consumes it. Yay for you.

7 Likes

Listen! Everyone that likes pork loves Tonkatsu! I remember one time and you have to forgive me as I am ignorant to some food items I didn’t grow up with, but I had this dish with a dark sauce like in the thumbnail that was almost fruity in nature. No idea what it was called but it was great.

2 Likes

So Blizz is trying to make the game welcoming for everyone. Still looks like they don’t understand they can’t make everyone happy, and by trying to they will end up making more unhappy.

16 Likes

I genuinely hope this means playable Sethrak down the line.

A reptile race would be fantastic.

:snake::pray:

4 Likes

These changes are offensive to me.

31 Likes

Yeah. If the intent is to be a demon who seduces women, it shouldn’t be designed to appeal aesthetically to men, it should be designed to appeal aesthetically to women.

Tall dark and handsome, an “athletic” build rather than body-builder or strongman physique, etc.

Goofy jokes and occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be. Still, we want to remain mindful of whether certain elements of that world are welcoming to all players

And yet we change the “love rocket”.
After 15 yrs you guys have really taken this stuff to far and removed alot of fun in 9.1.5. its a smoke screen. It’s like you had a meeting a decided just give em everything they want and maybe they wont notice how terrible the past expansions have been and forget we treat people like crap. You have learned nothing in all these years. I mean just LISTEN TO YOUR FAN BASE FOR ONCE !!! I mean #doesIonevenplay

19 Likes

They probably didn’t address the stuff sooner because they underestimated, again, what capital G gamers will fixate on. Plus it’s kind of hard to keep up with datamining, though they should have been ready for that given how the datamining sites are now scrambling to justify their existence.

I find the emotes changes odd but the paintings were a non-issue. They probably just had those newer paintings on hand and replaced the old ones. I’d prefer they replace the one painting that became fruited with an update version where the subject isn’t wearing 2003 human female painted on undergarments and maybe has an actual face, but it’s not like I noticed the paintings much anyway.

Hell, do we even know how many of those paintings existed in the game world? I swear to god everyone wants to stand on the molehill these days and scream its their mountain to die on.

2 Likes

I mean this is just factually correct. And yes, I speak for damn near everybody because damn near nobody wants this garbage.

10 Likes

This so much! And just for the record… he needs to appeal to anyone who appreciates the male form… which isn’t necessarily only women. :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah this is really going off the deep end. I like Master Baiter just fine and it doesn’t have anything to do with the victims of the OG and their despicable cube crawls. Art/satire do not equal sexism/harassment. Lighten up.

5 Likes

So masculine but neat and dressed well. … and maybe a flair for the dramatic?

1 Like

small indie company misspelled DEvolution.

23 Likes

Mighty presumptuous and pretentious of you to claim that you speak for damn near everybody.

6 Likes

This isn’t the evolution of creative content. I don’t care what words you try to use to justify these changes with. Did you not hear all the criticism your players made in recent time over all this? Who are you trying to appease with these changes because it certainly isn’t me nor all the people who criticized these changes. WoW is a FANTASY world. Everyone is not the same. If you want to be all inclusive then don’t change things that are already in the game. Just add more things to it.

30 Likes

Dressed well… but sparsely. :wink:

1 Like

I deleted my lock so I might have to remake it just for the incubus.

1 Like

Same here. Delete him after Legion.

1 Like