The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

lol this is beyond ridiculous, total censure and the reason i’m planning to quit wow and all the blizzard stuffs i’m totally tired of that “hipocrecy” about “sex” is bad violence is ok" of some peoples at this point western is become a joke this is why i’m going to play ff14 like many others because at last japan still respect the peoples playing and don’t give a thing about “censure” as “usa” is like now a country which is going in a future not so far make womans use burkas “because it’s too” you know or make males use blindfold because they can’t look at womans and all the bla bla bla is going now, it’s only show how bad tainted blizzar is at the moment.

i’m really not gonna miss, i’m really tired of this “hatefull stuffs” censure bigocitry come specially from usa, tired of censure in games, censure in animations, in hq in almost everything which is “not political rights” and not freedom, because now everything is “triggering”.

40 Likes

Changing names of achievments i earned in my childhood and removing emotes i use on daily basis and have been using for last 15s.

keep pushing this BS lose the remaining players you have including me.

28 Likes

WHAAAAAAT??? this is amazing guys! TY!

I don’t think anybody would think of you guys differently from just looking at the game then and now, outside of the quality of the work you’ve put in. (No offense)

Including the ones that aren’t happy with Shadowlands?.. :thinking:

Not to burst your bubble here BlizzardEntertainment, but there was nothing excluding people from playing World of Warcraft. The prior content you’ve changed wouldn’t be too noticeable from anybody who would play this game in the future, or in the case of emotes, they already have a way to turn them off.

I’m not sure treating people as if will be offended by anything that is “punching down” and remove stuff based on it, is a good idea tbh. Especially since given the intentions behind these jokes, most of the time their just done for comedy sakes. To make people laugh. Not to harm or put people down (at least not in a cruel or malicious manner that i think you might be implying here), or if it does, it’s not the intended result.

This isn’t going into the fact that these “punching down” jokes doesn’t have to just exclusively take into what the person is. I know i shouldn’t need to say this, but it has to be said in the event if anybody was thinking that.

Quick question, if somebody wanted skimpy armor, would you offer that?..

I’m asking because, what if the player wants to represent themselves that way? I know we still have like tons of them from the vanilla and so on, but some of them aren’t pretty keen on the low texture res of those armors.

Also, another question, why did you change around the emotes? I mean what if the player wants to express themselves with those emotes like /fart, /burp and so on? I mean they aren’t inherently negative, just like how /lol, /smile and so on aren’t inherently positive.

32 Likes

Let’s hope that they listens to the majority of the masses of the community who want to think that they will listen to us.

And not to a toxic minority that really hurts the quality of the game.

In any case, I am very sorry that his measures have never been for the good of CONSCIENCE that ours wants to show in yours games, and apart from looking to blame the gamer community and yours owns games for yours scandals, for the fact of only covering your own image At whatever price.

to later see that there is nothing new in improving the gameplay and gameloop of their own games, which we already know at the time of the QUIT MOMENT when the company cannot downgrade the community and at the time that no one matters anymore to play a Blizzard video game on this date.

Not to mention that their measures become hypocritical and absurd in front of their competitions from other MMO’s showing otherwise and even feeding them into turning them into their prosperous WoWKillers that for years have been stopping what olds devs have done to the quality of the game. game that we know today.

They remain warned unless he shows me otherwise and his online games do not see it as a video game that in the end I only play alone.

1 Like

Bye Felicia.

2 Likes

It’s adorable you’re bothered by people with actual standards.

16 Likes

Now, make the “Demon Hunter” versions of leather chest pieces a thing again, and I’ll be happy.

My DH needs to show off her tattoos… And “Hide Chest” doesn’t work when the Nelf undergarments clash with her mog.

5 Likes

I know a lot of Warlocks are going to rejoice. Very cool move!

3 Likes

Don’t punch down like that!

1 Like

This is the future of creativity, where players and real life events decide what happens? I thought the creative process was about writing what came from what is inside, your passion, your drive. Not what the loudest person yelling at you “I don’t like this” had to say.

There are always going to be people demanding you to change your creative work and if this is going to be the road you go down, well be prepared to change WoW forever.

22 Likes

I want it too. Where’s void elf tattoos?

See, why couldn’t you guys just address this weeks ago when you first started censoring things?

So far, the only real censorship I’ve had a problem with is the Big Love Rocket, and the removal of emotes. People are more than capable of completely disabling emotes from showing if they get offended by people doing things like /kiss, lick, whistle, etc. at them. On top of that, you state you made some emotes just not affect the player, so why did you not do that to things like /kick, where you could’ve just been “X kicks the air.” or such, instead of outright removing it.

And Big Love Rocket NEEDS to be changed back. That’s just it. The name is not offensive in the least.

As for diversifying things like Medivh and Illidan’s harem with male models, I’m perfectly okay with that. I’d much rather you diversify than remove.

8 Likes

Congratulations Warlocks! Show those shirtless guy demons with pride.

whew. you had me worried for a bit. this is welcome news

How about you fix the sexual harassment in the workplace and treat your employees right before making this game World of Wokecraft?

A lot of these changes, no, this censoring, is beyond stupid and counter productive to moving things forward with the game.

Also:

LAUGHS IN WORGEN I mean, for over a decade the fanbase have been telling you how we wish to represent ourselves in the game. You have not only taken AWAY options from us, you flat out IGNORE us because many people of the race identify themselves as furries. You’ve seen on the various threads the amount of harassment players get for playing anthropomorphic races and being deemed degenerates/sexual perverts that participate in salacious acts with animals irl (Which is not what furries actually do btw).

13 Likes

Disappointed in that decision. Bikini / lingerie armor doesn’t belong in a fantasy game where we battle to the death. It serves no purpose other than to objectify female characters. This was the perfect opportunity to update that type of armor and make those items look the same way they do on male characters. It still isn’t too late, you can still make the right choice and actually strive to be a better more inclusive company.

4 Likes

Bro, you need to stop pretending this is a clap-back. Alex Afrasabi and Jay Allen Brack have been fired. The Cosby Crew has been gutted. You’re three steps behind the conversation.

6 Likes

Well, you’ve now lost a 16 year player and i will never come back. I was holding out on 10.0, but i won’t now. I know I’m nothing but a drop in the ocean to you, but I’m gonna speak with my wallet.

36 Likes

Also, I’m enjoying how hypocritical some of you are being right now.

You made thread after thread about how the players weren’t affected, the employees were, but when Blizzard makes a post explaining these changes are from INTERNAL SURVEYS from employees, you are up in arms still.

9 Likes