The Essence Grind on Alts is Worse than Forced Pathfinder Part 2

Honestly they had 8.2.5 to make changes. They did more in 7.1.5 and 7.2.5 then they have done with 8.2.5. Changes should have been made already.

Considering pathfinder 2 isn’t really much of a grind basicly everyone knows this

The actual hell are you talking about. Never said anything about not getting them on their alt.

Okay? Good, then revert the system to the legion system where you could literally do any piece of content for AP and progress the tiers. Literally not a single soul looked at the artifact and said “You know what? I want this time gated and I want to have to do 8 different content types I don’t enjoy to unlock everything”. The legion artifact was good because whether you did WQs, PvP, M+ or what ever else, you progressed your weapon and unlocked EVERYTHING with no time gate.

you keep veering arguments as well. You said “wouldn’t raiders complain”. No they wouldn’t, why? We already had this system and they didn’t complain. Done.

Its funny. Everyone knows this but many would argue that they would not do pathfinder again on an alt. Yet we force players to do this for essences on repeat.

As far as I can recall the legion artifact progress was made just by earning artifact power - the necks progress is gained by using azerite power.

Azerite power you can earn by doing, whatever.

Essences are extra rewards.

Thats like saying legiondaries are just extra rewards.

They weren’t ?

Essences were hard baked into the weapons. Current BFA Essences were designed literally to simulate the artifact weapons effects and the devs have stated this many times. It doesn’t, they failed.

They tried to emulate a fine system but then did their BFA shenanigans on it and took what people hate about this expac and added it to the artifact weapon design.

When the extra reward can add 25-50% damage if not more I would say they are not just extra. They are necessary. Especially if all the encounters are being tuned around the idea that you will have these tools.

1 Like

Because people originally complained that neck was boring and people suggested an ability type of system like the artifact be added. Blizzard actually did what people claimed they wanted.

No one is complaining that the system exists. People are complaining that its, for the first time ever, tied to reputations and daily quests instead of the usual dungeon/raid format.

1 Like

because it is boring…

they didn’t do what people wanted…

If I say I want a cake and you give me a cupcake, you know damn well that’s not what I asked for.

We asked for the artifact system not a washed down, time-gated, and content gated artifact shred. If you implement the essence system so that all you need to do is continue gaining azerite like the legion version and had no time gate restrictions, not a single soul would be crapping on them in comparison. However…they didn’t.

Yes, just terrible. For once you are on the receiving end of being forced into doing content you don’t want to do. Welcome to what the rest of the playerbase has long gotten use to.

So that’s what this is really about. the truth comes out. It has nothing to do with the system and everything to do with some personal vendetta against raiders so you can see joy in them being shoehorned into content they don’t enjoy. A view of payback from your highhorse.

So much for your ideology of “everyone get’s to do their own content”. Instead it’s “make raiders suffer how I have suffered, damn the game and it’s health”.

Yes of course someone couldn’t actually not have a problem with the system. It always has to revolve around raiders.

I was just pointing out that the rest of the player base has been forced to do content they don’t want to do for years and years. So that person who is crying about for the FIRST time ever, the system is tied to reputations and world content instead of raids and dungeons needs a reality check.

You haven’t listed a problem with the system though, you keep trying to loop and dodge different arguments. I listed a system where:

and you have yet to explain why the above is so bad.

Or why the legion system is bad…since legion you could ge tthem through WQ as well IF YOU WANTED.

The player base having to endure needless grinds in the past isn’t justification for ridiculous grinds today.

I really would like to create a survival hunter, but am honestly deterred because of the grinds I’ll have to face.

I suggest you look at the 8.3 patch notes, more essences on the way and aren’t you going to be happy another ‘progression’ system for a legendary cloak.

I don’t have a problem with the current essence system. As far as I can see it is fair to everyone.

I am hoping the requirements move away from rep and that the best essences are all based on doing difficultly content. I am very disappointed there was no mention of the previous rep grind and daily quest gated essences.

You know they might just make the essence you want available in your type of content and they won’t have to change anything.

And the best essences in most cases ARE right now gained from doing semi difficult content at least. The rate of how fast you gain them is the only difference between difficulties.