The Essence Grind on Alts is Worse than Forced Pathfinder Part 2

First off you are neglecting the fact that these types of grinds are totally new to the game for gear and considering other peoples feedback wrong because you can sit in front of a computer for 12 days in a row to play this game doing this type of content. I could barely do this grind on one character. To get flying you only need to do rep grinds on one character. You are still ignoring that this is a new system that has never existed before that is causing issues for people.

Secondly you mentioned using pet battles. Something that not everyone does.

Third you are speaking of your personal experience of doing quests non stop every single day. This is not how the average person plays the game. You may be the world quest champion of azeroth, killing anything for gold and resources but that does not mean we all should aspire to be the same. Nor does it mean we enjoy doing any of that stuff. The game only forced us to do rep grinds for flying. Never for gear. End game gear always came from the same sources. Now the sources are too spread and time locked and its frustrating.

1 Like

I don’t care about the argument for pathfinder in this thread, since this thread is about essences.

Also, pet battle world quests do not count for follower experience for the pearl of lucid dreams. They count for rep for a different essence.

I am sorry they decided to make content for everyone and not just you.

Do you have any proof that the average person plays the game as you say they do ? Anyone who is interested in ‘x’ type of reward usually makes an effort to do ‘x’ content. I suspect the average person does that.

It’s not content, it’s a progression system. A progression system for everyone would let you pick your content type and then set goals for that content. Whenever your done lapping up blizzards seed…

Like essences ?

Please tell me how I get the pearl of lucid dreams by doing the content I enjoy, which is not doing 3 follower quests per day.

1 Like

You must be new to WoW.

No lol. Oh, you are a raider. Cool. We’ll set all of these essences to raid and m+ related goals with no time gating.

Not, Oh, your a raider so you get this essence and if that’s not the essence you need then go screw yourself and oh…btw…you wont be completing that essence for a month because we also timegated it at every turn :slight_smile:

1 Like

The essence system is designed for you to earn essences in the content you enjoy doing. It isn’t the essence system you should be complaining about, if you think you need ‘x’ essence to play.

Actually you have pathfinder part 2 - if you think you needed that essences on that character why didn’t you just earn that rep on that character.

Considering Blizzard does not actually release their metrics the best thing I can go by is how their past policies have been enacted based on their own data. Their past policies have given people a reduced grind as the patch ages for years now. We can see that in gear, azerite knowledge, skipped intro quest lines, and nerfs to difficulties over the tiers age. They do this because of the data they are receiving indicates that people do not have infinite time to grind things out and they lessen the burden as time goes on. This is the exact opposite of essences which begs the question why the change?

Not gonna lie, getting Null Force Nullifier Rank 3 on a third/fourth tank is making me die inside a bit.

Still, tbh, I dunno that I NEED it, yanno?

(that’s not true, I do need it)

This is horribly flawed logic.

You’re basically saying players who strive to achieve better stats / items / gear are in the wrong.

I mean, this is an RPG, after all.

The essence system is exactly the system you claimed you wanted.

What you want is for blizzard to just design the game specifically for raiders and forget about everyone else. Isn’t it ? You want to be able to have ALL the essences from raiding.

No I am saying someone should learn how to play the game. If ‘x’ content gives you ‘x’ essence and you are going to do it anyway, why the heck would you do that content on another character so you have to duplicate your efforts.

I will just say I played 6 alts in legions in arena as healers. Now i’m only doing 3. 1 on main resto druid where i have rank 3 lucid dreams, 1 hpal and 1 resto shaman where lucid dream doesn’t matter too much. Currently trying to grind r3 essence on my alliance resto druid. besides 3 dailies, mrrl trading game and some rares i can’t speed up the process even if I want to. Going to take me another week to get it thanks to the ‘time gate’. If i were bad at the game that it takes me longer to get it that’s fine. I’ll just try to get better. But this has nothing to do with skill but forced down on players to wait to get the essence.

1. I don’t need to include every possible argument in my argument. This is nonsense.
  2. Not everybody raids. Not everybody transmogs. So what?
  3. I didn’t do quests non stop. My post clearly says it was less than an hour each day.

Your opinions are valid, but they don’t amount to anything. Putting words in my mouth doesn’t make you any more convincing.

TLDR: Its <20 hours of play to unlock PF2. No matter what caveats you put on that fact, it will never change the actual amount of time it takes to complete it.

Pearl of Lucid dreams is a zone exclusive essence. Are exclusive rewards really a problem? I don’t have Pearl of Lucid dreams on any characters, should I start a stink about it? Of course not, I’m not doing the content, who would possibly advocate that reward for me?

You have to eventually wait for dallies to reset don’t you? that is really my only issue. I don’t like the rep grind at all, but I should be able to farm it like herb or mining, IMO.

WQ’s show up every 6 hours, dailies, 1x per day.

No I don’t…I specifically said that ALL essences change for your content and remove timegating.

Do you do PvP? Ok cool, now ALL essences for YOU are unlocked through honor, bg, arenas,etc.

Do you do M+? Cool now ALL essences for YOU are unlocked through M+ dungeons and challenges.

Do you raid? Nice, Now all essences for YOU drop off the bosses.

Do you do world content? Cool, YOU can do the WQ rep grinds.

It’s called dynamic progression…it’s 2019, not 2004

It’s literally that simple. Have player select a type of content. This content type is locked for 1 week to prevent abuse. For that week, all of their essences will follow the above format of being related to their selected content type.

1 Like