The end of Dragonflight

The writing is what made this expansion go from hot out the gate, to lukewarm, to cold.

That stone golem guy basically did nothing after activating the beacon.

Alexstraza herself did next to nothing.

I’ve learned my lesson, lol.

Won’t buy any further expansions, just gonna take a “wait and see” approach to see if retail is still gonna be like SL and BFA was, because DF is the third strike.

I know WoW never really had a strong story, but damn has the writing been weak lately.

1 Like

You can say that every villain’s death in WoW is because they turned their back on family.

1 Like

I wish they’d take inspiration from things like BG3 instead of the reported Disney/Marvel influence. That entire scene with Alexstrasza being all “I’m not alone” was painful to watch and then the knock-off teleportation scene. Apparently anyone can just zap into the Emerald Dream and there’s no ramifications or impact? What is going on…

Idk I also feel like they really didn’t capitalize on a lot of the potential of having a bunch of powerful dragons and how they would make for cool action scenes.

2 Likes

IT WAS AN AMAZINGLY DIVERSE EXPANSION!!!1! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A PHOBE! LOVE ME OR ELSE!

Or so sayeth the people who took advantage of the Afrasiabi situation.

Welcome back Chris Metzen. We missed ya.

1 Like

Metzen is back brother !!

He will set things right (Yes i am on copium)

I feel he was brought back for this very reason

1 Like

Maybe next expansion. I haven’t played BG3 - started it, but haven’t played it. Was going to do a group run, but the whole “person who starts the campaign is in control of the characters” was what kind of ruined that chance. I wouldn’t mind starting BG3 if I found people to play with.

I don’t know where the Marvel influence came from besides that one teleportation scene, but all of the mortals just getting teleported in with magic was kind of awkward. Considering the last time a non-druid mortal was able to get into the ED was Lucan Foxblood (people are probably like, wtf is that) from a novel.

There’s nothing stronger than family - Kalec

1 Like

i’m ok with it, better then the entireity of shadowlands. I find it funny that people get upset about pretty much everything related to how the story played out. Like you see them nerubians and the void elf old god. Yeah we gonna get multiple expansions from her but we all know she gonna die by our hand. Nobody and I mean nobody is ever going to fully defeat azeroth / the Horde & Alliance. We will always win through plot armor alone, we will never lose, the story is good as done.

1 Like

Nah Knaifu will never die

:slight_smile:

yeah its the same as harry potter, same as dragon ball z, same as really any entertainment in the world focusing on the good guy. The good guy always wins cause he’s the main character. It is extremely rare for the main character to lose. And wow isn’t one of those rarities.

1 Like

I see your power rangers and raise you…

Captain Planet - Intro Theme - YouTube

I dunno. I think Crispy Creme lost in this clip.

1 Like

There’s a balance to be had certainly, but Blizz pretty much can’t win either way.

Main NPCs do nothing, players complain. Main NPCs do a lot and player complain about being made side characters in a story that’s not there’s shrugs

Thrall and the whole green jesus thing in cataclysm and warlords of dreanor. (Imagine in full caps, as actually doing full caps is a suspendable offense): How dare green jesus take all the action and kill all the bad guys, waaaaaaaaaaaa! I wanna be the hero i wanna do the thing!

Dragon flight as the aspects do nothing but cheer us on: Waaaaaaa the main character did nothing all expansion and we had to do all the work, the story telling is so awful!

2 Likes

I mean, they could try a more balanced approach.

1 Like

Very true, but as a man who has a hard time not looking at things that are black and white, i find it interesting thats what is going on and no balanced approach. But yes i am also disappointed alextraza basically didn’t do jack all expansion and when she did fight got curb stomped by every enemy she touched.

2 Likes

Starfield suffers from same problem

Everything is just…too nice

2 Likes

Jack? did you say Jack, that gave me a brilliant idea. We can save WoW by having the next main hero that is seen throughout the entire expansion be voiced by Jack Black nobody would dare complain… right?..right? .

right?!

That was Cataclysm’s theme…

Double points if anyone can find that old video of Captain Azeroth with Malfurion / Alexstrasza, Ysera, Kalec and Aggra. The one where Thrall drops Bolvar into the Molten core to chill out Ragnaros. Come on someone must remember it…