The Edgiest or Edgelord moments in World of Warcraft

Well Stonetalon was supposed to be a shift in his character for good guy garrosh to become a thing, but the writers where bad at communicating that he was intended to be evil the entire time thus stonetalon garrosh became a thing.

1 Like

Ergo, why this is the edgelord moment for me. Heā€™s riding the route he isnā€™t even meant to be. Heā€™s going to be bloodthirsty, and a monster, except for this abrupt tonal shift.

Hey thatā€™s your interpretation of edgy, I just view it more as a narrative hiccup. Edgy for me is anything with Sylvanas, especially her talks with Anduin.

5 Likes

Sylvanas setting a giant tree full of people on fireā€¦ while also trying to convince a dying woman not to believe in hope. I agree with you about the Illidan killing Xeā€™ra part, though. The edge is strong with these ones.

4 Likes

Yeah, Sylvanas is over the top edgy. It like goes beyond the phrase. To be edgy, is to be Sylvanas. Because, even now, weā€™re not entirely certain sheā€™s doing these things without the best intentions of everyone in mind. Sheā€™s just likeā€¦to complicated to explain.

3 Likes

Itā€™s that 8d chess she be playing.

No, I think itā€™s the ā€˜totally not my mascara. These are real tears, youā€™d never understand.ā€™ Running down her face, going on.

Which I mean some people can love, but it is edgy.

4 Likes

I forgot about the alternate option in that quest. Good example

if you carry out ā€œalternate optionā€ and the game itself tells you to ā€˜rethink your definition of rightā€™

Illidan opening a rift to Argus.

Khadgar: so we seal the portal so the demons stop attacking Azeroth.
Illidan: got it, pull their homeworld directly about our heads.
Khadgar: What? No!
Illidan: Leroy Jenkins!

19 Likes

I just did this quest again for the 100th time and got an EPIC ā€œShovel of Mercyā€! Iā€™m keepinā€™ it in the bank. I could never bring myself to bash in their heads, but I really wanted to see the animation for it, so I used the item after I did the quest. Chances areā€¦ even if you let them goā€¦ there are sludge gaurds killing everything that tries to escape the facility anyway. So, I was never doing them a favor by letting them go.

-Iā€™m a little more liberal when it comes to killing, and dealing other unpleasant stimulations when there is cause. But the Scourge- the stuff that Nerā€™zhul/Arthas oversaw; like the actual Thaddy NPCā€¦ was a bit over the top Dark and seemed somewhat distasteful.

-In Torghast, Anduin acting like he knew what Sylvanas was all about came off as preachy. IMO Anduin is misusing the virtue of compassion and needs more training.

I have no idea why some people consider ā€œI am my scars!ā€ to be edgy. Did you all see what that thing was doing to him??? Thatā€™s as creepy as it gets. Iā€™d have blasted her myself!

Illidan had an established record of seeking power no matter the source and no matter the cost. WC3 Illidan, if being offered power by the form of Lightforging, would have agreed to it in a second. Instead, we learned that Illidan only accepts power if it comes with sufficient angst.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true, but I thought that ā€œIā€™ve traded my freedom for power beforeā€ sufficiently explained that- he didnā€™t want to accept any power from the Naaru because he didnā€™t want to again go through being subject to the one that gave him the power. He applied a lesson learned! Thatā€™s character development!

10 Likes

That is character development, especially with the terrible narrative that was TBC doing a terrible job with WC3 characters like illidan and Kael.

2 Likes

Anything to do with dragons to be honest. The writers got away with some messed up stuff in the name of edge.

12 Likes

Yeah itā€™s weird how they thought they could use dragons for that stuffā€¦ Like them being sentient doesnā€™t matter for some reason.

2 Likes

ā€œI AM MY SCARS!ā€

smash chandelier

Iā€™d say that Illidan is edginess done right and Sylvanas is it done wrong.

BFA was when WoW cut itself on itā€™s own edge and bled out.

12 Likes

This conjures an image in my mind of edginess so edgy it gives paper cuts to those who dare lay hands on the text.

The next level of Edginess:

Medan Scissorhands

ā€¦ I knew there was something about how theyā€™re making Anduin the all-perfect chosen one that bugged me, just like how BFA was a worse version of MoP and SL is a worse version of WoD.

1 Like

ThE hOrDe Is NoThInG

That just showedā€¦ a lot of things.

3 Likes