The Edgiest or Edgelord moments in World of Warcraft

What do people think is the edgiest moment in World of Warcraft? Moments that are so dark, subversive, controversial or all of the above they loop back around to being silly, makes you care less about everyone involved and/or seem preachy.

My top three edgelord examples are;

• “The Burning of Teldrassil” cinematic (everything Sylvanas says here and the Burning itself)
  • The “Rejection of the Gift/The Fate of Xe’ra” cinematic (everything Illidan says and does here plus Xe’ra’s death)
  • Sylvanas nihilistic speech to Anduin in Torghast.

What’s yours?

(Addendum; I know about the Naxxramas raid boss Thaddius. That’s some major edgelord writing and I named my Death Knight Thadeus BEFORE finding out about him).

11 Likes

Sludge Fields

10 Likes

Basically every single cutscene in this game is Metal™ edgelord stuff.

1 Like

Saurfang breaking a Forsaken in half with his bare hands.

5 Likes

Illidan

All of him.

(I find him endearing though)

19 Likes

Of all the edgy things Sylvanas gets credit for, the edgiest thing she ever did was becoming the first Female Warchief.

7 Likes

Garrosh in Stonetalon is ridiculous as well.

3 Likes

Not sure I’d call that edgy, but I agree it’s ridiculous.

Ironically I didn’t even notice the edgy option on that quest and just dug up and freed all the humans.

On topic, probably the intro questline to the Darkshore Warfront.

4 Likes

I mean, the entire existence of the place is edgy to the point that it’s repulsive IMO

6 Likes

The whole fight between Sylvanas and Bolvar and its final conclusion most of all.

That was pure edge at its most primal levels.

13 Likes

That was the best least edgy garrosh, what you talking about?

3 Likes

It’s everything surrounding this event that makes him seem like an edgelord. I mean, literally riding the cutting edge of what would make this dude a completely revolting person in the zone, and he solves it by killing his own underling in a flamboyant fashion. The underling, to my recollection, doing what he assumed Garrosh would have wanted done anyway. But, it’s been awhile.

Well that’s the problem, the general assumed Garrosh’s orders but instead was destroying resources. I don’t think of it as edgy at all, except for the lame general and his bomb dropping personally garrosh acquitted himself well in dealing with that underling.

4 Likes

I mean, it’s still my opinion. The general assumed wrong, and it’s not that hard to do I’d imagine when your Warchief is an erratic edgelord, who eventually, of course, kills you. To preserve his own ‘honor’ which was at stake lol

1 Like

“I AM MY SCARS!!! KILLS A NAA’RU” But you know… I’m sure Sylvanas lighting a giant tree full of people on fire is a close second.

11 Likes

Different interpretation of edge, now if you had said any of Garrosh’s later actions I would agree. Like having dark shamans twist and torture elements, or try to attack alliance ships in twilight highlands. Stonetalon is just way to tame for me to consider edgy.

It’s the opposite for me. I didn’t really ever consider Garrosh to be a ‘people’ after the remarks about children deserving to die. It’s sort of this moment that comes to the edge, as opposed to the rest of his acts sort of being in his lane, to me.

Eh I considered stonetalon a waste of potential for positive character growth for him, and is now Something that makes no sense in his story due to blizzard having 2 different narrative ideas for him at the time and no cohesion on implementing it. It’s why his actions seem erratic after stonetalon.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s not the logical route I follow, it’s Stonetalon entirely that stands out from his character to me. Not the events that preceded it, despite it.