The drama with Lola Bunny redesign

For context, Space Jam 2 is a thing, and they showed the new “improved” design of Lola Bunny, and a lot of people didnt liked it, due the the new design lacking the feminine aspects of the character.

This are my thoughts on it:

I think it was poorly executed, i can understand wanting the design to be more “kid friendly” but… the actual reason behind it was downright idiotic.

Saying that:

“Its important to reflect the authenticity of strong, capable female characters”

Ok, how does the character having a feminine body against that?, cause the message youre giving is that a woman cant be capable or strong or whatever if they look attractive, if anything youre saying that a woman HAS to look more like a man to be capable and strong which is a terrible message, and its a trend ive been noticing lately where several female characters in current entertainment are often stripped from their female aspects to the point that they dont even look like a woman anymore, a good example being that terrible She-hulk design.

Heres an image of that design if you wonder:

https://cosmicbook.news/images/she-hulk-avengers-42.jpg

I remember the original Space Jam movie and Lola was more than just a beauty, with her introduction being exactly about that, after Bugs calls her “doll” she gets furious for being called that and basically humiliates him by showing how considerably better she was at basketball, ending with “dont call me, a doll”, showing that not only was she attractive, she was also capable and strong.

They totally missed the point of her original portrayal and design, if im honest, the new version is also way inferior, stripping pretty much all the female aspects of the character, even the art style of 2011 “The Looney Tunes Show” she still had the attractive aspect of the character (Despite the drastic change of personality which i wasnt a fan of)

Regardless, the new design is mediocre, and the reasoning behind it is worse.

Whats your thoughts on it?

2 Likes

I have two thoughts on it.

Frist one being: what kind of losers ACTUALLY care about how a cartoon bunny is being drawn.

The 2nd being: Thank god there will be far less furies out in the world with this next generation.

1 Like

You totally missed the point…

Not really. Regardless of the reason the studio gave for altering Lolas image, everyone knows its because the original was hyper sexualized.

And regardless of anyone that pretends like they have a legit reason to be mad about the change, everyone knows its because they will be missing out on new spank bank material.

2 Likes

Nah, the reason they gave was very clear, and it was a terrible one.

Lola being attractive was part of the character, and they completely removed that aspect, and the reason gave a terrible message, cause like i said, a female character being attractive doesnt stop it from being capable and independent, which is what Lola was and it was the whole point of it.

People get attached to characters, their designs and portrayals.

Why you think people despised garbage like Thundercats Roar? that show was downright an insult to the fans, the art style was god awful and the characters didnt even acted like their counterparts at all.

And like i mentioned Lola is not the only character to suffer from this stupidity, i gave She-Hulk as an example, you saw that image? thats the design they gave her and its terrible.

She-Hulk is a terrible example.

Thats another instance where the original was sexualized for no reason. If you are going to transform into a muscle bound rage monster, why the hell would you keep your feminine curves?

That Shehulk drawing you posted is more inline with female body builders, which is how she SHOULD look if you actually think about it.

Mate, the character was designed to look like a muscular woman, still retaining the female aspects.

That design completely removed ALL female aspects of the character, without context is almost impossible to tell that its a woman to begin with.

Even the more muscular versions of the character still retained the female aspects.

That doesnt, not even a bit.

I really wish U.S. would implement everyone at the age of 18 needs to do a minimum of 2 years in a military branch (your choice)

Too many people are so soft and are offended by EVERYTHING and need hardened up.

My own opinion. Don’t like it, don’t care.

If anything they should ban Twitter or similar, you think its a mess in these forums? man youre gonna lose all your braincells if you go to Twitter.

Like the stuff people write there… my god.

Actually there was this case that was honestly sickening, i believe from Tik Tok, where people were straight up celebrating the burning of Kyoto Animations which killed a bunch of people, just cause they didnt like the designs of the characters from the Dragon Maid anime.

As someone who grew up on Bugs and enjoyed the original Space Jam I’m a bit stumped as to why I should care about this. It makes about as much difference to me as the periodic redesigns of cereal box characters… I might not like the new ones as much compared to the ones I knew as a kid, but it ultimately doesn’t matter, and also…

https://i.ibb.co/wMKzgRX/Times-Change-Sub.gif

The characters 90s kids grew up had changed from those their parents knew (sometimes to staggering degrees), and that was true for them and their parents too. There’s a constant cycle of adjusting characters to fit modern norms… the only thing that’s changed is that the internet has made everybody hyperaware of it. Before it just happened without much of a fuss.

1 Like

It’s weird like when I met Space Jam Michael Jordan and I don’t care for whether or not she’s sexualized, just another character from Looney Toons.

In fact I thought that Bubsy Bunny from the Tiny toons, I was not even interested in Lola Bunny in the new looney Toons, they made her normal and without problems.

I don’t know where these SJW idiots go so much drama if in the end it was always a children’s movie? they really are disgusting and sick of mind to think, as if rule 34 was being practiced at the time.

It is too much to pay attention to this senseless and predatory mob in seeking everything degenerate according to the new Puritans.

1 Like

The art going around showing Lola extra sexy is furry fanart. That shot is never in the movie.

The Lola you remembered was a lie

Yeah because mental trauma is totes healthy my dude

2 Likes

I know the one they often use is fan art mate, ive seen the REAL one multiple times, even checked it to jog memory, the difference is highly noticeable.

Not really. All that’s different really is her stomach is covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihca5yjx0c

The legs are not even close to being the same

The face is just weird

The bust is completely gone

Also, the clothes arent loose enough to cover her figure

Like she had one to begin with

I mean, kinda yeah? why bother to completely remove it when it was fairly small already, and its been part of her design since then, even in the Looney Tunes Show art style.

So it’s important to you that a cartoon rabbit has breasts?

More like the design stays true to the character, which so far as largely been the case, until now.

And like i said the main issue isnt the redesign itself, its the braindead reason they gave.

Not only is this mindset downright idiotic, it also shows that the person behind didnt even understood Lola’s original portrayal.