The Dracthyr Spread their Wings to New Classes

It doesn’t sound like it from every bit of information coming out of the developers. They want everyone to be able to pick and choose what form they fight in, except they forgot about Evokers and don’t seem to care about how some of us feel about the lack of transmog support, among other issues with the Dracthyr form.

2 Likes

Black Dragonflight says ‘Hi’.

2 Likes

My favorite class by far is Warlock (Three Locks at 80 already) but I’m not seeing this story wise. That said everything else I am 100% onboard!

Not liking the heads on the new ascendance models.

Please keep the hoods, or better yet just copy/paste the class mounts and use a scaled down/smaller version of that as our ascended forms.

6 Likes

My biggest hope is monk gets deved alongside a tank spec for evo (one that uses wings as protection and fist weapons like the evo artefact, something that actually uses the physicality of being a dragon in melee) - thus allowing monk to get both animations in the half elven visage forms and in your regular drake form.

Either way monk would make so much sense; natural weapons and natural armor or in visage it would be perfect.

2 Likes

Evokers racials are not getting nerfed, They will function as they do right now, it will just be built into the talent tree

The black dragonflight dominates the earth, they do not coincide with it in harmony.

1 Like

So Shaman’s turn into undead now? Interesting choice…

Never
/10 char

It looks more rocky than undead to me. Looks cool IMO!

Oof. They really don’t want you healing on Dracthyr. They did add priest, but seemed to cherrypick pure DPS classes and specifically those that can’t heal.

1 Like

Pre is good though

Also, I hope DH’s get more races AND a third Spec for Midnight.

This is a huge step in the right direction! I can’t wait to rock a Dracthyr caster in visage form. But, I would be lying if, as an evoker main, I said I am not a bit disappointed. I understand the decision to leave evokers as they are due to their draconic animations and fantasy. However, the limitations of the Dracthyr form are upsetting as an Evoker main. Let us transmog our dragon freely, please. I want a Dracthyr with glasses. I want to be able to see my transmog when in Dragon form and not feel like it’s ruined. At the very least, let us transmog our dragon form and visage form separately. But please, let me transmog glasses onto my dragon!

5 Likes

My wing buffet and tail swipe that are currently 1.5 min CD are changing to 3 min CD unless I spend 2 talent points to bring them down to 1 min CD - two talent points that I currently don’t spend on them at all. That’s a nerf in my book.

7 Likes

It’s call we can fight in visage form as dracthyr but for the love of god can we get alternative visage forms? The fem one especially is just bad.

Yeah not sure why they aren’t just giving evoker an ability that lowers the cd baseline.

1 Like

I really hope they give dracthyr monks later down the line. If the Roll is what’s keep them from doing it then just use the hover/dash animation instead.

2 Likes

Too many character concepts, not enough hours in the day to play them all :cry:

They at least allowed us to take the cooldown to 1 min. Granted, I’m not even using the talent to reduce it by 45 seconds right now. So really, for me, it’s a buff.

I’m sorry but these look horrible. Undead shamans aren’t even a thing. Than god I dont take the ascendant talent to look like a decaying banshee with a hair color change.

9 Likes