The Dracthyr Spread their Wings to New Classes

Please design the evoker class tree such that evokers aren’t getting forced to spend an extra tree point as a result of this.

6 Likes

Warlocks yay now I can have one on each side. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Better than the old ones, but that is a very low bar. I don’t know why they don’t just have you turn into a fire/earth/water elemental and instead have the crazy hair whatever those are.

6 Likes

fwiw, the new racial, squadron, sounds very cool

Those ascendance forms literally look like clowns. A texture update on the existing form would have been better than this.

IDK why they dont just reuse the dragonflight ascended forms from Vault. Those are universally liked.

16 Likes

Please make Monk playable with Dracthyr - every other race in the game can be played as Monk so why should Dracthyr not be able to be??? Expanding to Warlock was surprising to say the least but this should really be including Monk and should be done before this launches

10 Likes

Please reconsider the requirements for evokers to be forced into the Dracthyr form. May players dont like it. Its sad to see you making the changes for all of the new classes but not the evoker.

9 Likes

Oh no. It’s hideous tho.

2 Likes

No Shaman and Druids for Dracthyr isn’t surprising, but it is very disappointing.

12 Likes

Holy crap!!

WOW… The ONE class I wanted to switch to … the one I main… the one that EVERY other race can play as… is not included for Dracthyr??? Not including Monk is just absolutely enraging, disappointing, and absurd.
I was looking forward to this so so much I even preemptively bought a race change because I thought there was NO way they would NOT make Dracthyr monk since you know… LITERALLY everyone else can be one!!!

6 Likes

No dracthyr paladin? Damn… I was looking forward to this.

9 Likes

Undertaking one of these new classes as a Dracthyr will allow you to choose between fighting as a Dracthyr or fighting in Visage form by activating Visage

I hate this with every fiber of my being.

Dracthyr players will also be able to learn a new Skyriding talent called Squadron in which up to two additional Dracthyr players can join you to fly in formation as you soar through the skies.

This is cool.

But I still despise allowing Dracthyr to fight in Visage. You set a horrible precedent and it should’ve never been like that.

And as far as Ascendance goes…

We’ll have additional adjustments you can look forward to for Ascendance, just keep an eye out for the PTR update notes in the days ahead.

One of those adjustments better be to have glyphs for the original forms, because those new ones are gawd awful.

13 Likes

If they made Worgens work why not Dracthyr?

3 Likes

You’re not a dragon, you’re someone’s fursona.

8 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think they really have an excuse considering Worgen are also monks.

3 Likes

Great. Now, about visage race choices… when?

10 Likes

So, will there be a few week timegate after the event starts or can players just log in and make one?

The number of people who’ve been requesting this means blizz clearly agrees with people wanting to see their mogs. I won’t use it since I don’t care for visage forms, unless we could pick the race. But I see no reason for blizz to not give people the option to use the form they want to use, and some dracthyr prefer there visage forms so it makes sense lorewise.

13 Likes

How would monk work? You cant roll with wings and a tail.