The Drac'thyr are Queer-Coding Done Right!

As I see it there are two kinds of people in this game. Those who see everything as provocation, or a potential provocation; and those who act on facts. Sometimes a person shifts between one and the other too.

I’ve too have been guilty of judging Expansions or a Developers intent plenty of times. Hard not to when you consider the ration of crap that we’re fed on a daily basis by the news and other outlets.

Sometimes I’ve been correct. But other times it’s blown up in my face like Wile E. Coyote with some dynamite. So I’m gonna level. You guys and gals are gonna to have to make your own decision here. Are you going to hate Dragonflight because you THINK it’s intention is queer-baiting? Or are you just going to chill, relax and enjoy it?

Yeah I get it. There are some very obnoxious and ‘self-proclaimed’ LGBTQ posters like Humanbeak, Talonel, and countless others who sometimes act like they won’t be happy until their proverbially (not literally) shoving their unmentioned up every straight person’s hoo-hah to ‘make’ them like it, or make them accept them.

I’ve said plenty of times as well that I doubt said posters and their intentions or connection to said groups as the people I’ve met and worked with at Renaissance Faires are no where near as preachy, angry or zealous. Most are chill, happy humans I’m proud to call friends. I stress the word human, because that is what they are. Just like you.

But I get it folks. Is it frustrating to see that their threads seem immune to moderation because Blizzard appears to have a double standard or is being unequal in it’s practices? Oh definitely. It drives people from the game regularly.

I also am sure there’s plenty of LGBTQ people who are LIKEWISE frustrated that in their eyes everything is always straight. Both views are wrong and right at the same time.

So here’s my opinion. Taren Zhu was on to something when he said “Each reprisal triggers an act of aggression, and each act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal. It ends when you walk away.”

Even religions that are bashed routinely on the forums or cited as being “hateful” or Anti-LGBTQ, such as the Bible flat out say that only God is supposed to judge and that man is not to judge. So full-stop right there. Consider that before we go forward again. You did? Good.

IMHO instead of being collectively stupid, how about we ‘all’ stop judging people, leave that between the almighty and the individual; and instead focus on loving our neighbor?

Loving someone means according them respect. Goes for both sides here too. That means being cognizant of things that you know might make the other person uneasy or otherwise sad. This is not the same as stating facts.

Media often confuses the two for the sake of political brownie points. This is about empathy and remembering that the person is a fellow human being. Doesn’t mean it’s not alright to have a different view. The importance is not to denigrate or dehumanize the other side because their views were different. Case and point. I have Trans friends.

Do I worry for their future and wonder if the medical procedures they have undergone will someday come back to haunt them? Absolutely. Do I understand their choice? Not really. But then, if I am to be honest; it’s not something I ‘can’ properly understand, because I haven’t ever experienced it dysphoria.

But on the same token should I insult them? No. Why? Because suspending all of that, they are my friend. Their choice is theirs. My choice is mine, and I respect them enough as an individual to leave it right there.

This also applies equally to the LGBTQ and the Straight crowd. When you DO get representation, or a plot point you wanted you should be happy. By my estimates no one should try to engaging in some weird form of schadenfreud toward people that are not like you.

That doesn’t solve a thing either. Just gins up people against you. This can also apply to politics also, and hundreds of other scenarios. Regardless of who or what your sexuality or preference is, we all have ONE thing in common. World of Warcraft. We love it. We would not be here if we did not. So I’d focus on that. If you want something uplifting, then read this. It is the opposite of this Thread.

Be less focused on controlling others, and be more focused on controlling yourself. We don’t need Brainy Smurfs pontificating to everyone from a position of supposed moral and intellectual superiority. That gets him thrown out of the village time and time again to use a Smurfs reference.

Most important, all of you who read this; have a great day.

TLDR: WoW rocks and so do you!

1 Like