The Divine Storm animation is broken

The Paladin ability Divine Storm (Requires 50 retribution talents) abruptly stops midway through the animation (about 2 seconds in). While the sound of the ability continues the animation seemingly just cuts out and disappears before finishing.

Here is an example of what it is meant to look like :

And here is what we currently have :

hopefully, this illustrates the bug/issue well.

I implore blizzard to fix this asap as it is a beloved paladin ability and it is disappointing to see it in such a state.

Other related forum posts I’ve found on this bug:

10 Likes

Thank you for expanding on this. I can’t get myself to play that paladin when my favorite ability to press just isn’t right. Blizzard please do a quick hotfix to update this! Thanks for all that you do.

4 Likes

C’mon Blizzard, even private servers get it right…

5 Likes

Added this to the big bug list.

Perhaps we can get some more visibility to this graphics bug.

2 Likes

WotLK Classic launch is in 3 days and, they still haven’t fixed the animation.

2 Likes

Fix please.

1 Like

Only a few hours left and it is still not fixed.

1 Like

Light, grant me one final blessing and fix Divine Storm already!

2 Likes

It would be great if Blizzard at least acknowledged this issue and let us know they’re aware and working on it…

1 Like

Is this just going to be ignored forever? because the feeling of pressing divine storm isnt there with this busted half animation

1 Like

still nothing. gzz

1 Like

Yup, still broken. Really hope we see this fixed soon…

1 Like

Its been broken since prepatch. Obviously dont give a darn about quality or investing into the game. They got paid a second time for a old game already. Sad

It seems like the animation might have gotten slightly updated today? It’s still not the full correct animation but it seems to be a little closer?

they did in fact change the animation but its nowhere near as noticeable as it is in the videos…

1 Like

ayy with Blizzard … That’s a win in my books

Yeah at least we’re getting closer lol

Bumping this to draw further attention to a bug that needs addressing. Unless blizzard lost the original wrath animation files (lol), this should be trivial to fix.

1 Like

January 2024: The animation is somewhat fixed, but not complete.

In fact, all paladin spells have issues with them. Judgement and Exorcism attack enemy targets at off angles. Sacred Shield, when used on a friendly target, also displays an off angle. As for Divine Storm, it’s still not correctly displaying all the particles as it was back in original. I have compared visual effects back and forth with an original 3.3.5a client and found that the Wrath Classic client is displaying the same amount of particle density as halfway on the particle density slider on the original 3.3.5a client.

I would love to see Blizzard fix the visual issues with the new client before Cataclysm.