The diversity of ele

Ppl on discord, shaman friends I had who quit because sims came out and shamans were really low.

Donā€™t base spec opinions on Simc generic sims. Thereā€™s a multitude of factors that come into play such as fight length, style, player skill, etc. that all vary dps standings. In some cases overall dps doesnā€™t matter and itā€™s more just about priority.

That being said, weā€™re not really the fotm we were the last two patches (raiding) but weā€™re ok. Still better than most with funneling though.

And that is what is wrong with most communities. When you have a group of liked minds in one group after awhile it becomes all the same people and same thoughts and same ideas. They become elitist to a central core and if you dont conform to that core of ideas then you are shunned. So, instead of seeing what will be better or worse or trying to do something different to make it work; we get the WOAH IS ME the sky is falling ele sucks time to reroll. But the question is what exactly changed in ele from then to now that made this spec so horrid all of the sudden.

Just like they all did at the beginning of the xpac when their favorite legion spec wasnt what they wanted. Everyone of the top players and sims and communities were trying to force Ascendance builds with crit down our throats when it wasnt the best spec.

Its the same thing now. A SE/PE EotEx3 build is far superior to the IP/NH x3 meatball spec but it isnt what the ele buddahs want so it gets labeled as bad.

1 Like

Isnt that only good in aoe and dungeons?

Thereā€™s an SE build using VoP thatā€™s good in raid environments but itā€™s not necessarily practical for progression imo. That, and it loses to the old build for funneling and anything with heavy movement.

No it is actually incredibly good ST and with the sheer number of adds on majority fights it is doing exceptionally well on most fights. The only boss I just cant seem to get it to work is Nyā€™Zoth There is just soooooo much movement there I am personally struggling with that build.

Yeah, Nā€™Zoth seems to be a fight where 3x Lava Shock would be crucial to perform well. So much target switching on low health tentacles.

Had some free time today after a raid and was messing around with SoP. I was running my EotE x 3 gear with ER/TM/SE/SoP/SK. How I used SoP buff was to minimize the CD of SE. With Visions primary essence SE is 1.9 min CD. So I would hold a lava surge for ES to reduce the CD by six sec. If there was no lava surge proc then I would use it to buff LB. I always used SoP proc on SK.

The dmg was extremely similar to the SE/PE build. I was able to reduce the CD of SE on avg to <1 min before the SE despawned. I avg at least 1 visions proc which would then have my SE off CD before it expired.

At one point I had 3 little EotE spawns slinging windarangs by my side.

Iā€™m not claiming this to be duplictable in a raid setting. I just found it interesting and thought you may be interested.

2 Likes

thank you for this post. elemental is the only reason im still subbed to this expansion.

1 Like

That fight with SE/PE was weird for me.

Iā€™d be low over all damage, but number 1 on nzoth boss damage due to burn phases that lined up with SE being up off cd.

1 Like

2 min cooldowns are king this tier of raiding, or at least it feels that way. SE/PE is alright.

The other feeling is of disgust as you watch the special dh just wailing on a boss with all his corruptions and looking over the logs. Thatā€™s twilight devastation alright, #1 ability on his damage from tier 3 on his 415 ring. [iā€™m not bitter at all]

I actually was doing ~60k dps some attempts on Nā€™zoth and i was running ascendance for phases on broken ego.

First time I used Ascendance prob this entire expac and I was leading damage on Nā€™zoth

iā€™m very inconsistent tho averaging 45k - 60k between pulls. :man_shrugging:

Was experimenting a lot (went thru like 30 tomes)

1 Like

Go world pvp with it and let me know how you do

1 Like

I WPVP with all the different specs. Though I am rather fond of SoP in WPVP. I typically dont have much of any problem.

1 Like

In a 1v1 situation in world pvp I rarely ever feel like I just dont even have a chance. When I lose (which is not uncommon) I can almost always look back and say ā€œI did X wrongā€.

And I say this as a person that is not good at PVP.

1 Like

I almost doubt that. No offense but give me a good rogue or fire mage and Iā€™d smoke you. And itā€™s nothing against you at all, but the class is an uphill battle on so many fights itā€™s not even funny.

See, here is the thing.

In open world pvp the average person I run up against is not a ā€œgood rogue or good fire mageā€.

1. You are comparing 2 of the lowest skill level to succeed classes/specs to one of the highest skill level to succeed. Jump in blow all CDs and pray it dies and if not run and reset. As opposed to strategically plan everything out and find your opening to burst/heal.

2. Ele has historically been atrocious in WPVP 1v1 especially against rogues/warriors/ww/feral. Now rogues and ungodly overgeared freaks are the only the thing that comes close to killing me. Even then we arent the free kills we used to be.

3. How long have you played ele? Itā€™s not easy. Itā€™s not faceroll. It takes effort. It takes gear. It takes setup.

Now granted if you came in thinking you just gonna throw on some free purps and start wrecking fools then you were sadly mistaken. Maybe instead of giving up so easily stick it out and try to get better.

I canā€™t stand PvP so I wouldnā€™t know. As far as PvE end game goes, elemental is great.

Rogueā€¦ ya. Fire Mage is very killable. Just purge combustion and shield . Watch out for GPyro, we can ground , interrupt , hex and counter strike and make it hard for them to get it off and not pay a price .

1 Like