The Desolate Host bugs out - Heroic TOS

I can confirm I didn’t start dealing with this glitch until AFTER Dragonlfight was released, BOY am I sick to f-in death of issues like this cropping up and YEARS go by without a fix, I guess they prefer it when I unsub wow for 6-8 months at a time.

1 Like

24 Dec 2022 this bug is still happening. Defeated Desolate Host, pedestal did not spawn. Logged out, came back the next day and still nothing. Every boss in the instance listed as defeated except the last three.

25 december 2022 dragonflight still same bug rip xmorg zzz

1 Like

Still bugged 2023 maybe next year guys :pray:

2 Likes

Still bugged 01/13/2023

Still bugged 01/15/2023

1 Like

I bugged it on Mythic, raged for a while, zoned out, put it on Heroic, and cleared it on Heroic using the strat Furjiggles suggested. I then put it back on Mythic and went back in and the boss was reset! I used the strat again and it worked perfectly. Thank you.

1 Like

Okay so what you do is kill adds in living realm. Wait to get ported to spirit realm > get boss to 30% HARD STOP DPS > port back into living realm > taunt desolate host away from engine and burst down before the engine dies.

Bugged on Normal. Went to Heroic and killed the first boss, then back to Normal to see if it unbugged. It hadn’t. Rather than do a full Heroic clear I decided to go and do another transmog run in Antorus.

By the time I was done in Antorus, I came back to the Tomb on Normal and it had reset this boss.

The strat I used was similar to Furjiggles… I killed the living mobs and used the brazier. In the spirit realm I killed the wimpy adds and slowly DPSed the Priestess. Eventually the room darkened and I stopped DPS, got back to the living world and the Host spawned.

I finished off the Priestess. I noticed if I went after the Host, it would reset the fight when he died. I only had luck finishing it by killing the Engine first and then the Host.

1 Like

2/19/23 This is still an issue.
I tried dying AND hearthed back to Dalaran… when I get back to the boss he hasn’t spawned but the wall is still up like the fight is already/still in progress.

Still an issue. I think they should stop doing realm splitting bosses as they never fix them later when people run this stuff solo. It’s a real show stopper.

Feb 2023 and still bugged on Heroic.

I was able to complete on Normal using some of the strategies above.

1. Immediately switch to spirit and kill trash. Fight the Priestess to 30% health and hard stop DPS.
  2. Switch to Living realm and start killing the Engine (it died pretty quickly with minimal attacking)
  3. Switch to spirit realm and finish off Priestess.
  4. Switch to living and DPS the Host down .

The only issue I had was having to change the difficulty to get the boss to respawn.

Feb 28 2023

Bugged out for me today on normal. Immediately obliterated the 3 adds at the start, nuked the Engine, and it just died without releasing Host. Combat ended but boss never reset and the wall is still there.

According to other comments above, it looks like the only way to reset him is to just leave the raid alone for a while (probably a couple hours) and come back. Will update this post at that point.

EDIT: Can confirm, boss resets after waiting a while. Don’t know how long it takes but just be patient and work on your alts or something in the meantime.

2 Likes

still bugged on heroic… was good on mythic tho

Bugged on me in normal like 10 min ago.

still bugged. Nothing new

SOLVED aka WORK-AROUND

1. Immediately click on one of the basins around the room to enter the SPIRIT realm.
  2. Initiate the fight by DPS’ing SOUL QUEEN DEJAHNA and get her below 50%.
  3. Click on one of the basins to return to the CORPOREAL realm and engage Desolate Host.
  4. Burn Desolate Host.
1 Like

Still buggy on normal and heroic. ‘Character unstuck’ worked for me but did not work at all for my friend, and now he’s locked out of the unstuck for 8 hours for some reason. :sleeping:

Thanks! I was working on this for an hour, and tried this and it worked perfectly the first time!

3 years later, still bugged.

2 Likes