The Decision to Give us an Easier Sapphiron Foreshadows a Nerfed TBC

Yeah i know, just wish people didnt vote on #NoChanges then things might of been different because then who knows how modern the game could of gotten… maybe even heroic / mythic modes (probably far fetched… but you just never know)

Don’t forget LFR and mechagnomes. THE SKY WOULD BE THE LIMIT, if not for people who actually care about authenticity!

2 Likes

I don’t know what world you live in where “tweak TBC to more closely match the original experience” implies LFR. These black and white arguments are really dumb and unproductive, any game re-release always lives on a spectrum between authenticity and modern relevance. All we’re asking is for Blizzard to not take the utter extreme of this spectrum like they did for Classic in order to make TBC more enjoyable.

Was it extreme? They’ve made plenty of changes. I’d say the dial was certainly leaning towards no changes, not slammed all the way on that side the way you seem to be implying.

It’s not a nerfed Sapphiron. It’s literally what raiders had to deal with in 2006. The blue post clarifying is in response to the “1 second ticks” reported on the PTR.

In 2006, it was the designer’s intent to have damage every one second, but due to the way the game was coded, damage was applied every 2 seconds with a rare 1 second tick.

It’s not nerfed to go from damage every 2 seconds to… damage every 2 seconds.

6 Likes

Somone needs to go read the most recent update for Saph

So it will work EXACTLY how it worked in 06. If blizzard is going for how things were in 06 to the extent they program in the double tick. That gives me MORE hope that they are going to offer us the before attunments TBC experience. Since they will have that data.

2 Likes

I don’t see this correlation at all.

The 1 sec. tick was at one point intended during development, yes, but apparently after all the testing and balancing of the fight, they never even noticed that there was a bug at the time. So the fight was balanced/tuned and released WITH the bug taken into consideration. So essentially, for all intents and purposes, from that point on, the bug became the intended behavior, and it was the TOOLTIP that was wrong. In Wrath, they just fixed the tooltip.

Yes, when it’s close, Blizzard seems to be generally erring on the side of easier. But TBC played out very differently than vanilla. The nerfs over the course of that xpac were HUGE.

I don’t think it’s guaranteed that we’ll get one late patch version. Especially since, unlike vanilla, they have admitted that they have all the data for every patch.

We just need to keep making our voices heard. We don’t want one late nerfed version of TBC raids. That would in no way be an authentic TBC experience. They need to figure out a way to replicate the difficulty as it was during each phase.

I think pick a patch during each phase, and then tune the fights to closely match what it was during that patch. It doesn’t seem like something that should be all that difficult to do.

4 Likes

This is important part. The fact that they have told us that they have all patch data starting with 2.0 allows them to be far more accurate than they ever were going to be in classic with the one working version of the game the did have.

If they use the final version of each patch before moving to the next that would be a good step to have. That would give us progressive style game just like how it would have been in live. This of course takes no account for the fact we know the fights and are better players. That part of this outcome isnt going to change.

1 Like

There is no easier Sapphiron.

It’s vanilla sapphiron.

1 Like

Not really. They gave us the sapphrion that was back in vanilla. I don’t get why people would expect blizzard to treat this specific fight any different when they havent buffed a single one so far.

1 Like

TBC arena needs progressive patching or it’s DoA

Or certainly so after the first phase/season

Really interesting to see what they do

Static patch would be the quickest ticket to unsubscribelands

1 Like

Read between the lines. They were too lazy to fix the code to match original intention, so they copy pasted the Wrath fix.

Literally impossible for it be worse than BFA / SL arena.

That doesn’t make any sense. “They were too lazy to leave it the way it was on the PTR and do literally nothing, so they copy pasted a fix from Wrath that somehow produces behavior from the original version of Naxxramas”?

Try reading on the lines.

2 Likes

one issue with BFA was the same meta for an entire year+

TBC would compound that

But yes maybe considering endless 2.4 is a thing

Oh, don’t threaten me with a good time, now.

(The issue with BFA was that it wasn’t fun enough to play for five minutes, not that it didn’t have enough eternal and constant change.)

This isn’t a private server.

Judging by the numbers of people who play Classic versus combined population numbers of private servers, the private server playerbase is dwarfed by a legitimate WoW playerbase.

You seem to be asking for a private server experience.

Food for thought.

4 Likes

Iread it and understood it. Maybe you should understand better.

They created the fight to match how it was 16 years ago. Not how it was designed but how it WAS. The game ran with that method for 4 years unitl they noticed it was actailly NOT working how it was intended in the tooltip. So the designer may have wanted it every second, but in the end it wasnt coded that way it was delivered that way and it did not work that way.

So you get the experience that happened 16 years ago. As it was delivered.

1 Like

agreed. there should be at least a phase of pre nerf state for any boss that had a nerf. even if its just for like a week

BFA arena/BFA being bad is a multifactorial problem

But S1 to S4 meta evolved a fair amount and would be completely different to have a static patch. I just would like to experience the progressive change is all.