The Dark Heart Content Update is Now Live

The Dark Heart Content Update is Now Live

Dive into Dragonflight’s final chapter leading into the upcoming expansion—The War Within™, sojourn into new questlines, Heritage Armor sets for Draenei and Trolls, six new hair colors for Kul Tiran Humans, access to all Dragonflight quests regardless of Renown for maximum-level characters, and more.

View Full Article

6 Likes

Also can’t believe we’re still using Zovaal

1 Like

Why you posting this again?

• BE YOURSELF CELEBRATION
    • After learning from Chromie and Kalecgos about the Visage Day celebrations of Azeroth’s past, Emberthal feels pressured to choose her own visage form. However, she remains uncertain of the path she should take. Speak with Chromie in Valdrakken to learn more.

Omg if this is preluding to being able to pick our Visage form Race, I would be so estatic!

4 Likes

Its not :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

no but you get your own special tabard to customize

2 Likes

That’s a nice bone to throw at new players.

4 Likes

and theyre all in a little group in valdrakken

I’ve heard alot about Panderia!

I doubt it. It’s probably about picking whether Emberthal will be body type 1 or 2.

2 Likes

You guys aren’t seriously going to release the Darkspear set like that are you? I see you mentioned 2 additional head options I heard they’re from WOD. All you really needed to do with it was move the cloth under the nose and cover the cheeks so it isn’t just between the tusks and fix the female chest clipping. There’s a lot more wrong with this set than just the mask. lets take a look at some of those problems in the off chance someone who cares sees this and is willing to advocate for changes.
Not a single skull on the entire set. How is that in keeping with Darkspear Heritage?? No Troll Glaives, but a sword…?? This set could have been such an easy win for you guys. We waited this long for this?

• The Colors - Two Color Options and neither incorporate the Tealblue in keeping with the Darkspear Tabard, Flag, Raptor, and Vol’Jins mask? Bad start. More on the color problems at the bottom of the list. Orange and Black is way better than Red and Silver but still needs work.
  • Helm - The mask was the direction I was hoping to see I love the wood and cloth combo but the nose and above is sub par, Sen’Jin and Zul’Jin and various Witch Doctors ALL wore the cloth bandana below the nose and around the tusks, this Heritage model leaves the cheeks bare and goes between the tusks and over the nose making the Troll look more like an Elephant or Turkey, the physics they added cause it to flop around making the issue worse (if it were worn properly the physics would be fine) Letting the tusks clip through the fabric probably would have been acceptable. The Upper Wooden portion is a call back to the WC3 Reforged Shadow Hunters and Zappyboi but both the masks in question look better than this one, could maybe make it taller and thicker, Cooler eye slots, more asymmetric and better warpaint, that would make this a huge win it’s flat just don’t let it be flat if anything. It also clips deep into the Females chest, you’re not seriously going to let this go live?
  • Belt - The belt is profoundly plain, the tiki plate could have been so much better. The belt clips HALFWAY into the male Trolls legs. The loin cloth is too short it looks goofy with the lanky Troll legs this is an issue with most loin cloths on Trolls. Could use an image on the cloth segment, maybe the serpent from the WC3 Shadowhunters? If you were gonna get creative on the belt you could have atleast added a skull, a potion, a voodoo pouch, just of the top of my head…
  • The Back - Has clipping issues with the hair on female model. Clearly based around the Icon of Shadows Racial Crest ( I like the idea of it) I think the entire Troll Community can agree we were hoping to see the back build upwards more like soooooo many of the other Troll back rigs we’ve seen in art and in WC3 and on NPCs skulls and sticks and or Big Tiki Masks. Removing the small tiki masks and Voodoo paraphernalia makes this back piece less interesting than the original crest (also fails to capture the dream catcher like aesthetic, not enough straps).
    If you’re not gonna swap it out to one of the cooler rigs with skulls you should build it upward and slap a couple skulls and tiki plates on it, you’ve already taken creative liberties with it, why not make it better instead of worse? Or atleast make it a 1-1 with the Icon of Shadows. Leave things better than you found it or the same not worse.
  • The Weapon - A sword? Don’t get me wrong it’s a cool sword, and there aren’t many Troll swords in the game. Probably because Trolls Aren’t known for using swords which is why this is such a disappointing choice for a Heritage Weapon. You really don’t want to give us Troll Glaives? They were the obvious choice. There are like 4 different Troll Glaives 2 of which look nothing like Demon Hunter Glaives they’re more like double sided spears/swords. Are we gonna get a shield? If you’re dead set on not giving us any version of Glaive at least hook us up with a large Kukri in keeping with actual Darkspear Heritage.
  • The Shoulders - Again if you’re going to take creative liberties with the set make it cooler not worse. Looks like the inspiration for the small shoulder came from the WC3 Reforged Rokhan model, his small shoulder is cooler, this looks so uninspired and basic. Some Trolls wear 1 shoulder (like Vol’Jin who I believe the big shoulder is loosly based off and some WC3 shadow hunters) plenty of others wear 2 shoulders. You guys had so much art and so many models to choose from and you went with this??? The big shoulder isn’t bad you designed something decent, the small shoulder is pathetic. Again we’d have liked to have seen you guys build upward more, if not with the back piece then with the shoulders at least. Looks worse than the Tarnished Fanatics Shoulders from MOP, why is it worse than a MOP model? (Which everyone liked btw.)
  • The Boots - Is this a joke? the boots are plainer and more basic than 50% of WoW Classic mogs. The only saving grace is the Tiny Tiki Plate which could have been a much cooler tiki in keeping with the actual older models and or it could have been bigger.
  • The Chest - Clearly inspired by Vol’Jin, and WC3R Sen’Jin, not a bad choice, it fits well on the female model but fits much worse on the male model, Vol’Jin is bigger and has better posture allowing you to actually see his, on the Male Player Trolls it doesn’t stand out at all. The Little Tiki you have is actually on the shoulder not the chest making this item very boring. Vol’Jins has 2 little tikis ON THE CHEST. On the Black Set I like the call back to the Blue and orange strap but it’s very slim and doesn’t stand out, the rest of the fabric is so plain and uninspired. If you weren’t going to go with a different chest tyle maybe make the pattern you put on it more visible and add 1 or two little tikis, EZPZ. Maybe do something ANYTHING with the Arm Bands…
  • The Gloves - The Gold Serpent from the Shadow Hunters in WC3 and old concept Arts and that 1 Vol’Jin image is a cool concept, only looks decent with the gold accent option really bad with the silver set, the Serpent doesn’t usually have a glove underneath though, and that glove underneath? SO BLAND. What possessed you to make such boring gloves?? Trolls mainly wear fancy Bracers anyway almost never do they wear gloves but if you gotta have something atleast make it better than that, a tiki plate with some bones on the other side not just bones and a nearly flat black fingerless glove, come on… Would’ve been cool to see some Forearm Bone Piercings anything but this.
  • The Legs - Takes inspiration from Vol’Jin and the WC3 Reforged Shadowhunter and Rokhan models I like this kind of style it’s what I was hoping to see, a good belt could have made this better, the pattern is weak, on the black color it barely shows up, and what is that silver paint on the red? What part of that screams Darkspear to you? Overall I think the fabric colors the red and black should be redone, needs a Darkspear pattern and maybe some fur on the bottom in keeping with the WC3 model, maybe very slightly more coverage on the upper leg for the Male Trolls if you’re not gonna fix the belt. Could have done something with those leg bands, something leather and furry would probably have been more fitting that’s like the least of our problems though.
  • The Colors - Two Color Options and neither incorporate the Tealblue in keeping with the Darkspear Tabard, Flag, Raptor, and Vol’Jins mask? Bad start. The Wood, Red, and Silver Set is a huge miss overall, I like the idea of the red especially for a mask but the color itself is not in keeping with any red the Darkspear ever wore too acrylic or something. The silver paint on it with the silver snake (snake has only ever been gold) the silver trim on the wood was never a thing before BFA, even the color of the wood too dark, shoulda gone with a Sen’Jin Village tiki brown or made it actually colorful, you know like a Darkspear Troll! The fabric patterns and colors on both sets, should go back to the drawing board. Even the black would have been better off as a leather brown but then you’d need to figure out the mask color.

While you’re at it if you could fix the Troll feet on the Blood Hunter set that’d be great you guys went back and fixed it for literally every race except Trolls… And please don’t do Vol’Jin dirty in this questline, man deserves to come back in an active role after what y’all did to him and all those build up quests

17 Likes

Would be cool if that were the case but it’s not. You get your personal tabard for each character… Using the current guild tabard system with no update to icons, colors or tabards. I do like it though but wish it was upgraded.

1 Like

“TL;DR” - Blizzard, probably

3 Likes

Sadly I don’t think so but that’s wishful thinking and I like the idea!

1 Like

This makes for a decent TLDR. The set looks awful, like it was conjured up by AI and someone was supposed to touch it up and never did. Some of those pieces couldn’t be more boring and uninspired, and I’m really hoping they fix the way the mask is fitted, should hang on the tusks and wrap around the jaw under the nose. Lookin like Mam’Toths revenge.

4 Likes

Please tell me the Dark Hearts ends with all of us dead and WoW shut down.

Wow…y’all are still trying to use this as a selling point?

7 Likes

It’s not. The questline was on the PTR. It ends with Emberthal deciding she doesn’t want a visage form.

I mean… I guess it’s something, but… :confused:

1 Like

It’s not too late to change the Draenei heritage set…

3 Likes