The damage and healing benefit of Versatility is increased by 20% when in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and War Mode

so at 20% vers thats a 4% buff to vers dmg baseline.

Curious how this will interact with many of the other effects that give us more stats.

Things like Sephuz leggo.
Soulbinds that give vers etc.

It might actually be in a fine place and just need to test but 20% at first looks low.

Pretty sure it’s just a placeholder. Keep in mind that it’s the beta and anything can change. :yawning_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course. The best part of this is that it only effects the offensive portion of vers.

This will help seasons to keep the pacing faster as vers scaling gets higher and higher.

5 Likes

This does not seem like it will prevent Tank and Burst trinkets from being more appealing in pvp.

13 Likes

Well looks like rogue mage is gonna be straight busted again this expansion.

I really dont like this whole only increases the damage and healing effects, stuff on versa. It disproportionately benefits some team compositions over others.

1 Like

As it is every xpac

3 Likes

Vers is a garbage stat; would love to just see it removed.

That’s too low. I think in season 1 we can expect to see ~20% versatility right? At 20% it would be a 4% damage/healing increase which is about 11-16% too low to be equal to (or hopefully better) than PvE trinkets based off what we saw in BfA.

3 Likes

Well i mean all the stats became super boring after the legion reworks.

Even more so this time around though.

Yeah, whatever the new version of mythic dresty is vs 4% damage to players.

Real decision to be made here. Good job blizzard, just send the xpac tomorrow.

Eh I prefer games to go like max 3 min

1 Like

Eh i prefer games where a dampener comp can win if playing well and up-tempo comps can win if they playing well.

What i hate is when people win games for simply existing or when a rogue/mage lands a random sheep, with no cds and just wins because theres a mechanic that the players cant control.

4 Likes

I agree it’s boring but it’s the easiest stat for them to balance around since they can adjust each benefit independently for PvP

given my faith in blizzard I think vers is the safest route to decent PvP

1 Like

Nobody likes dampening meta.

3 Likes

Nobody likes getting blown up by rogue/mage either…

6 Likes

Yes and No

For one thing. Our actual class abilities and toolkits are doing more dmg than BFA. This increases the value of flat dmg modifiers to our entire toolkits.

Consistent dmg is much higher and you can see this with the pace of arena on beta.

Your able to one shot people solo with burst cds.

Your able to get meaningful CDs without pressing cds as well.

a 4% increase to all your dmg at all times imo could compete with something on the level of a claw from PvE.

Especially since that 4% increases the dmg and impact of running things like badge / insignia.

It will effect soulbinds that give versatility. Theres one soulbind for venthyr that gives 10% vers for 10 seconds. That would become 12%.

As we get higher potency conduit ranks our classes toolkit dmg will scale higher and higher.

We havent even seen the burst potential of classes running on use pvp trinkets yet or proc trinkets.

I think those things being added to PvP paired with the pvp set bonuses dmg will be very high on our actual abilities.

Like the longer I think about it the more I think the set bonus is actually good at 20%

Because your forgetting that in that one slot you would be replacing a PvP trinket like badge and insignia.

So something like claw or psyche shredder etc would have to outvalue not just the 20% added vers bonus but also the effect of the pvp trinket itself.

I already was thinking that with the current pacing / scaling of dmg on beta that PvP trinkets are going to be in a very good spot since it will buff our actual dmg which is already getting ramped by legendary effects , conduits etc.

A lot of our cov abilities are also SP scaled so things like badge + chain harvest will hit extremely hard.

My biggest worry for PvP now is the time it will take to get a complete conquest set at max ilvl and what that ilvl is. Will our PvP bracket rank effect the baseline vendors?

I really hope we see some more PvP talent tuning as well as polish on a few of the specs but so far it looks really good for slands pvp

3 Likes

Good points and I am willing to see how it plays out, but I am skeptical this is enough. I was looking up old forum posts and Harbiner’s Will alone was doing 14-22% of some players damage in arena. If you remember Diamond Laced Refracting Prism actually took some specs completely off the table as a potential kill target. There were some VERY powerful PvE trinkets and I fully expect to see similar ones at various points in SL.

2 Likes

Well compare it to BFA. If we had those trinkets right now, would having 20% more vers still be better than drest trinket? Obsidian claw?

Doesn’t seem so. Still not good enough imo

3 Likes

Yeah but he’s saying actual class abilities hit a lot harder in SL so the value of trinkets that have a proc or on use damage is going to be lower, and stat boosts greater.

God vers is so boring. Just add a PvP stat.

7 Likes