The damage and healing benefit of Versatility is increased by 20% when in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and War Mode

BFA class tuning and dmg sources is at the worst its ever been tho is my point.

Even in bfa. BOTE ele 1 shots gaining 20% more vers from all sources would be huge. That build completely fell off more or less due to ineff stacking hpal having 100% sac up and bubble up to often that I just stopped playing it. I think my highest ES this season playing bote was 322k at 62% vers. Having that set bonus Id gain 12.4% vers dmg. That ES would go from 322k to 362k Just from the set bonus alone. Thats in one instance of dmg.

Even after the 33% nerf to versatile corruptions I think i can get up to 60% vers in arena. That would mean having badge + trinket would give me 12% more dmg in all sources with that set bonus.

My lava burst SP goes from I think 52% in bfa to 104% in slands. We lost a lot of our power with azerites being 50% and some classes straight being tuned by azerite.

In BFA My average Lava burst hits for 20k on 530-600k hp targets.
If you changed the crit multiplier from 1.8 to 2.5 (ele has 180% crit value in pvp down from 250%) they would still only hit for 34k which would be around 6% of someones Max hp per cast.

Currently on beta my lava burst avg for 4.5-5k on 30k hp targets which is closer to 16% of max hp per cast.

Mind you the BFA average Lava bursts are amped by things like insignia / Cloak int proc etc. Even with all these factors it still comes nowhere close to the way our dmg is scaled in Slands.

On beta an ele sk burst go without trinket modifiers or cds can do like 30-40k dmg in 2-3 globals with an echoing SK. Without even factoring in the badge on use effect adding 4% more dmg to that burst.

The trinket effect for example on an echoing SK go would net me 1200-1600 more dmg just for having the trinkets equipped. Factor in the effects of using a BIG BADGE ^_- and the impact of that effect goes up more.

Im by no means saying theres 0 chance that PvE trinkets can be an issue. Im just saying that the PvP ones are going to be more competitive than bfa by a mile even without the set bonus due to ability scaling dmg tuning. Tossing in another 4-10% vers dmg as the seasons progress is just icing on the cake for me.

At worse if PVE stuff still is super toxic we can see them just slapping down a 50-70% nerf in PvP to them.

I held back, even defended, to see what itd be. The wording is pretty clear, and the effect is dogs%#!. It fixes nothing. Woo my 10% vers turns to 12% for dmg/healing only.

This accomplishes nothing.

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said. I just don’t think the vers bonus is a good way to go about it. Should just be a flat “You do 10-20% more damage to enemy players and 10-20% more healing” bonus with both trinkets equipped. I guess that is what the vers bonus is “trying” to do but with less effectiveness, especially considering PvE tanks are already complaining about being forced into PvP content for maxing out their vers.

“Our analytics showed a surprising number of tanks having fun in PvP during BfA, so we wanted to build on that and create an incentive to keep them coming back for more in Shadowlands”

Don’t think 4% more damage is anything

There’s a healer trinket that heals for 20k

On use trink that does 12k

A spirit link trink

A soul rending trink.

If spells and abilities have high base damage anyway and a single player can solo someone then we aren’t talking about 4% overkill.

Why plug in that 4% with max versa amp values, numbers we prob won’t ever approach again

Every soul bind that affects versa bonus will affect trinks as well so…?

Set bonus is paltry and does nothing unless paired with a 75% pve trink nerf (legion) and at that point why even have a pvp trink set bonus

The trade off in the past for PvE trinks has always been a damage vs survivability deal, all these trinkets will heal or damage more than 4% on someone stunned

I have 30% vers on my ele thats 213 ilvl baseline on beta

Chest / helm / shoulder all give stats again and everyone forgets.

Sounds just like MoP’s LvB damage profile for ele. I can’t wait to try it out.

1 Like

I think this could work

It’s 4% all dmg as well as the actual PvP trinket in that slot. So badges effect + 4% more dmg at all times competing with 1 pve trinket.

Rn badge feels insane on beta :slight_smile: