The current AH scam, arbitrage bots

Another thing that’s off is 2.38. Nothing every last that’s posted below 2.38.

Appears to be 2.40 at the moment but that could be more people buying than auctioning or some cycle the bot goes through where it walks the price up for a while. But in the last couple of days of watching I haven’t seen anything below 2.38 staying for more than a couple seconds.

When I was testing selling some of the few leather pieces I’ve bought, just to verify people were buying “around” that one or not, I did put them up for 2.4g to match the lowest price. Since I saw lots of numbers shifting, figured the volume would buy them out quickly enough.

But they didn’t sell, though I don’t know if that’s just because mine got buried quickly, which is possible.

Then I put it up for 2.39g and it sold in a few seconds. So you seem to be onto something. I mean, totally anecdotal experience on my part, but it lines up with that.

1 Like

Gotta pay to play!

Set your price at which your willing to sell at.

1 Like

Using bots, scripts, and cheats is not capitalism.

2 Likes

I did a similar test yesterday with 5000 units selling below 2.38 and they sell immediately. Mail came back with as multiple buyers though.

My guess is you had 10k leather and put 5k up @2.37 it will get bought immediately and 5k up @2.38 it will last depending on the current condition.

1 Like

I’m not much of a market person, but wouldn’t this new world wide market just mean we go from 1 guy controlling his server to a handful of those guys controlling a few different markets (after they fight each other and give up) of the whole of wow?

Also I don’t really like how much the auction house addons do for everyone. Always seems to help speed up the abuse that is bound to happen anyway.

2 Likes

Correct, not much has changed for us. Our margins are lower but our volume is much higher. We’re actually making more after this change than before and it’s amazing!

It has occurred to me that Blizzard might actually be gaming the system.

Hear me out…

There are several mats out there that if you can buy cheap enough, you can shuffle into some SERIOUS gold. Blizzard may be setting a “floor” at which they simply don’t want you to be able to buy those mats. If you want to sell below that, they simply give you gold.

I’m not going to the mattresses for this theory, but I see it as being a real possibility. The behavior of the AH definitely seems “off”.

How many of the currently used tactics by the high rollers are actually against the rules irl? Again, I’m not much of a stocks bro so I’m just trying to learn a little

I think what were seeing here is an evolution of tactics. The problem now with trying to controll prices with scarcity is that it’s not practical to store and manage as much inventory as you would need to.

So people have moved to a kind of flash trading model and making money on volume instead of extreme spreads.

1 Like

Jesus another one of your incredibly bad takes.

I think you’ll find that using resources/knowledge on how to more effectively/efficiently use the systems provided is exactly what capitalism encourages.

Players with the resources/desire use the tools available to make more money, so they have more money for the tools to make the AH work for them.

Unfortunately I can’t answer that question since this is a game where we’re free to murder anything we want, so real-life laws and other things like that are not comparable. Sorry :frowning:

Or you know since it’s a region wide ah now with wayyyyyyyyyy more people buying and playing it. Especially with all the talk about the ah change. I mean dear lord a perfectly acceptable and reasonable reason for this just goes right over you guys heads just so you can be outraged at something lol

I’m just asking to learn, it’s not like I’m accusing you of breaking the law.

I understand, but I can’t apply real-life to a video game and vice versa :slight_smile:

OK then, I’ll just wait for someone less silly.

MMMHHHMMMM. It’s amazing how quickly these guys blame bots rather than the fact they went from small market to HUGE market with a more efficient system. Nah…it’s GOT to be bots or people gaming the system.

2 Likes

That’s actually evidence that something is going on. With over 10 million units of leather looking for a buyer you would assume the price would fluctuate some. But it’s been 2.38 for the last two days and there’s a lot volume.

Something artificial is stabilizing the price at that point.