The cost of Raiding

I am currently in a guild doing Sunwell. My guild is on Muru. I am playing a holy priest. We are required to use full consumes in our raids. We clear BT every week still for glaive drops aswell. I am spending around 600-800g a week for consumes alone. That isn’t including gems or enchants. I have considered quiting just because of the amount of additional time required to play for the gold each week. I am working 55-60 work weeks and have less free time than ever. I am torn between leaving my guild hanging and having the extra free time.

3 Likes

I do one gdkp BT and make at minimum 2k. Easy consumes.

You should explain your situation to your guild. Maybe they would be willing to help.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t cost that much, even with mana pots being inflated. Especially if you’re having a pot/elixir spec alch make the mats. And Muru is going to be the worst. Once you get it down your cost/week will go down substantially.

Also like people said GDKP’s help alot. One GDKP should fund you for a couple weeks… and if your guild is still wiping on Muru after that much time yall are doing something very very wrong.

I use a 2 hr flask, which is about 20g per raid. Haste pots for me are about 6g, and only get to use 1 per raid boss generally. I admittedly only do a ~1.5 hr GDKP BT a week, making roughly 1.5k+ gold a week. I would quit if I was spending 600g+ a week.

For healers elixirs are quite a bit better so they can’t flask. And mana pots are 5g+ on Bene so it can get pretty expensive. Shouldn’t be 800g though unless they’re just speed wiping lol…

If you’re only using 1 haste pot/boss that’s on the low side btw. Even with fast kills you can easily get off 3 on almost any boss in SWP.

1 Like

600g a week is what, 2 days of dailies? Nonissue

2 Likes

Give yourself more free time and quit raiding. Just do pvp or something. This is a video game, if it feels like an obligation, you’re doing it wrong.

6 Likes

On my server you pay 7-8g for each flask I use 2 flask (16g). 1-3 Mana post per fight(10g). Golden Fishsticks(4g). Spirit scrolls 8g each. Brilliant mana oil aswell. The cost are rather high on my sever. If we were on a higher population server it wouldnt be that bad. I do BT with the guild so I can not GDKP it. The other GDKPs dont make much gold on our server unless a big item drops like DST.

Golden fishsticks are 4g each??! How much are the darters?? 10 per on mana pots is crazy also… And I’d downrank on the scrolls.

Try being a hunter.

1 Like

Healers definitely have it the worst for prog

These costs do not seem very high.

My Typical consumes in a night

10 Super Sapper (100g)
10 Goblin Sapper (100g)
20 Haste potions (160g)
10 Agi Scrolls (200g)
10 Str scrolls (100g)
10 Food (15g)
10 Demonslaying (30g)
10 Mageblood (30g)
5 Shat Flasks (25g)
5 Dark Runes (50g)
5 Nightmare Seeds (100g)
5 Arcane bombs (50g)

Hunters are probably around the same but the added bonus of having to buy kibblers and scrolls for the pet.

1 Like

Scrolls of agility for me and str for my pet.

Elixir of demon slaying on demons and elixir of agility and mana 1.

Kiblers Bits for pet.

Pet food.

Tonks.

Arrows.

Haste Pots.

Dark Runes.

Mana injectors cuz no inventory space.

Super Sappers.

Arcane Bombs.

Hunters are around 60-80g per wipe.

1 Like

Play the game for you, not for other people.

3 Likes

Your guild should definitely be helping you with some of the raid consumes. At the very least they should be giving you marks for flasks. I would recommend sticking it out because you might be closer to a KJ kill and you would definitely regret missing that if you were that close to the finish line.

Find a quest buddy for dailies it helps with the raid costs. Good luck!

Sure, but you know dang well you’re not popping all those on every wipe lol. You’re only doing all that AFTER your prog kill when you’re trying to push numbers.

I… I am not sure how you are using that amount of gold. I also use a priest… and I don’t use that many consumes while progressing… Are you raiding like 4 nights a week or something? Also might help.

Like he said stuff is much higher on his lowpop realm. If mana pots are 10g each that alone is 20-30g a wipe, and you can easily get 20+ wipes off a night while progging Muru.

1 Like

Healers shouldn’t have that kind of consumes usage. While you need to re-Elixir every death, Brutallus is the only fight that should require mana consumables.