The cost of Raiding

Surprised the guild isn’t working together to gather consumables for one another for this encounter.

People like you are genuinely dumb.

Depending on what class you are, it would take like 3 hours a day to do all 25 dailies in the game and it’s very likely going to take longer than that for most casual players.

One daily quest isn’t even worth one haste potion on my server. Agility Scrolls are like 7g right now on my server that’s 75% of one daily quest.

Back in the day you could get all your raiding consumes for way less than what you can in the current version of TBC.

There is a design failure with the game economy when the best way to farm gold is to not use the intended game methods, but instead go to GDKP’s.

4 Likes

Okay look…

Yeah I get what you’re saying it’s the reason I quit doing ssc I just got burnt out of farming and my issue is it’s going to be worse and wrath because of gdkps.

Because that’s the default way to make money now it’s not farming on your own it’s no it’s Hey just jump into gdkp and make 2K gold or something stupid like that.

This is why I say That mine nodes and Herb nodes should be sharded per the player because there are so many bots right now I would rather see The economy completely destroyed at this point then partially destroyed let the casual player be able to play the game too.

Because the sad truth is the economy is either going to be 1 of 2 things it’s not going to mean anything or it’s going to mean way too much.

OK the only way that you could possibly do that is if one you’re an enchanter because it’s possible to make 400 gold A-day if you do all 25 dailies and those are the dailies that give thee most amount of gold.

So the extra 200 gold would have to come from you de the Greens that you get And those mats on the auction house selling for that extra 200 gold.

But by default no way Because if you do all the dailies you get about 6 greens from all the dailies you do and on average Those are 2 to 4 gold sometimes 7 to 10 if it’s a weapon.

So even if or generous and say every single green you get is a weapon inventors for at least 10 gold that’s only 460.

So 600 gold from daily’s A-day no There’s no way you’re making that.

Back in the day has no relevance to the economy today. The OP said its costs 600g a week to raid. That literally is 2 days of dailies. You can even spread it out across the week just to do 50 dailies for the week so you dont get annoyed having to do dailies two days in a row. Nothing dumb about being right.

1 Like

I’m not saying what I’m thinking.

It’s something I’m not very good at but I’m tryin’ real hard to get better.

If you’re working 60 hours a week it’s an issue. Assuming you plan on sleeping adequately.

just doing the island dailies is 40 minutes at most and gets 160g, if you don’t want to play the game don’t.

1 Like

I work at minimum 60 a week, 7 days a week with only 2 days off a month. The cost of raiding is fine, its legitimately the only gold sink left in the game and if you want to perform at your highest capability then its the investment you have to make. Its easy to get 600-1000g a week, extremely easy.

No more than 45 minutes a night on a single toon, will net you just over 100g from IQD dailies on the island only. That alone is enough for your stated goals. Having an alt or two, and then bunching up the time so you can make say 300g on Saturday and Sunday each, is another way for time-strapped people to do it.

Just be smarter about it during prog.

People that pop the full yolo deal for progression blow my mind. If you are just learning the boss and don’t expect a kill, don’t. Use cheaper ones while everybody is still learning it. 2h flask instead of elixirs. Cheaper food.

The culture now is that it is all required and not an issue because most people are buying gold. So yeah, for those of us who don’t…it’s a disconnect.

1 Like

when you don’t play a healer and try to give advice, you just ends up looking dumb

I’m confused OP. Are you asking for advice or just complaining?

It really is crazy. It’s hard to farm too. Terocone and Dreaming Glory are endangered species.

They are asking for advice. OP, this is a stupid video game although many addicts here treat it like a full time job. Real world obligations are infinitely more important than raiding. If you don’t have the time to raid, don’t raid. You won’t miss it.

Either you have time to play the game or you don’t. It’s not going to change for you.

I refuse to pay 100g for a stack of scrolls lol people are ridiculous marking them up

20g a pop for those is awful too.

Thankfully, these are gone come prepatch.

Seeds aren’t “gone” per say you just cant get them any more, but the raid damage will be so low that you won’t need them.

I actually do play a healer. However, my suspicion is that the difference in our perceptions is based on the fact that I’m a good healer who knows how to manage their mana.

600-800g can’t be that hard to make on retail.